Author Topic: mother of 19 goes for 20, god says "nah"  (Read 27229 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: mother of 19 goes for 20, god says "nah"
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2015, 07:35:43 PM »
I don't think most people would know what to do with their children who sexually abuse other children. There should honestly be a guide somewhere for people like the Duggars in the future. (If there isn't already). They should be reported to police but I don't think putting them in prison for life is necessarily the right thing to do.

I think prison is a bit much, but a juvenile detention facility, with a lot of therapy, makes sense. Kids who molest their sibling should go to a foster home after that, too.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2015, 07:37:56 PM »
What is your opinion on what should happen to somebody else's 14 year old son who molests your daughter?

If it was my daughter, I'd obviously feel different. I'd want to cut his nuts off. I would not expect the parents of the girl to agree with my desire to protect my son. That doesn't mean I'm going to judge a parent too harshly for wanting to do just that. In the Duggars case, the children were both the perpetrator and victims. It's a tough place to be. None of that changes my approach.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2015, 07:40:14 PM »
What is your opinion on what should happen to somebody else's 14 year old son who molests your daughter?

If it was my daughter, I'd obviously feel different. I'd want to cut his nuts off. I would not expect the parents if the girl to agree with my desire to protect my son. That doesn't mean I'm going to judge a parent too harshly for wanting to do just that. In the Duggars case, the children were both the perpetrator and victims. It's a tough place to be. None of that changes my approach.

You would have to get the son out of the house if they were both your kids. I mean you can't just expect the girl to have to live with that monster for her entire childhood.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2015, 07:41:18 PM »
I don't think most people would know what to do with their children who sexually abuse other children. There should honestly be a guide somewhere for people like the Duggars in the future. (If there isn't already). They should be reported to police but I don't think putting them in prison for life is necessarily the right thing to do.

I think prison is a bit much, but a juvenile detention facility, with a lot of therapy, makes sense. Kids who molest their sibling should go to a foster home after that, too.

See, it's really easy to say stuff like this hypothetically. I bet you wouldn't really do it though.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2015, 07:46:04 PM »

If it was my daughter, I'd obviously feel different. I'd want to cut his nuts off. I would not expect the parents if the girl to agree with my desire to protect my son. That doesn't mean I'm going to judge a parent too harshly for wanting to do just that. In the Duggars case, the children were both the perpetrator and victims. It's a tough place to be. None of that changes my approach.

You would have to get the son out of the house if they were both your kids. I mean you can't just expect the girl to have to live with that monster for her entire childhood.

I already said I'd do that, for a time, with counseling. I would not put him "in the system." It is not a benevolent or rehabilitative system. It is a system filled with overzealous loons like the woman quoted in the article above comparing this case to sodomizing a child at knifepoint.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 08:04:16 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2015, 07:47:30 PM »
KSUW I'd like to know your reaction for incident 1 (I think you've described this already), 2, and 3. Also, obviously, I'd like to know the reaction for your own daughters/sons who are victims (or cousins or whatever happened here, I haven't followed outside of this thread). 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2015, 08:05:47 PM »
KSUW I'd like to know your reaction for incident 1 (I think you've described this already), 2, and 3. Also, obviously, I'd like to know the reaction for your own daughters/sons who are victims (or cousins or whatever happened here, I haven't followed outside of this thread).

What's 1 2 and 3? I think I missed something.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2015, 08:10:43 PM »

The thing about kids is they're basically idiots without fully developed brains and aren't necessarily monsters. Being removed from the family and receiving treatment for a period of time is a must, but I don't think being put in the foster care system would ever be a good idea for a teenage sex offender. I think there are cases where the offender could return to the family, while other cases where they shouldn't.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2015, 08:27:15 PM »

He was caught on three separate occasions by his parents
:adios:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2015, 08:35:58 PM »

The thing about kids is they're basically idiots without fully developed brains and aren't necessarily monsters. Being removed from the family and receiving treatment for a period of time is a must, but I don't think being put in the foster care system would ever be a good idea for a teenage sex offender. I think there are cases where the offender could return to the family, while other cases where they shouldn't.

That would definitely be best for the offender, but I think that would be traumatizing for the victim.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2015, 08:38:16 PM »

I already said I'd do that, for a time, with counseling. I would not put him "in the system." It is not a benevolent or rehabilitative system. It is a system filled with overzealous loons like the woman quoted in the article above comparing this case to sodomizing a child at knifepoint.

If that other kid's victim were just 5 years old, he wouldn't have needed a knife, either.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2015, 08:39:53 PM »

That would definitely be best for the offender, but I think that would be traumatizing for the victim.
Depends on the situation. Obviously the mental state of the victim should be top concern. Well, unless you're a Duggar.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2015, 08:43:01 PM »
WWJD?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2015, 08:47:00 PM »
WWJD?
And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2015, 08:47:40 PM »
if i learned anything from years of loveline, it's that the "monsters" that molest other children are typically themselves victims of similar abuse.  i doubt if this started or ended with the one kid that was caught.

ksuw, you are misreading the article you posted.  the pro public authorities woman is not comparing the duggar kid's molestations to raping a sibling at knifepoint.  she's doing the exact opposite, she is providing an example of how wide the range of behaviors are that can be classified similarly legally.  in her mind, this makes the point that authorities, rather than parents, are best able to choose punishments and treatments that suit the actions of a given juvenile offender.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2015, 08:49:16 PM »
Depends on the situation. Obviously the mental state of the victim should be top concern. Well, unless you're a Duggar.

it's much easier for parents to craft a response that's in the best interest of all their children when the parents have no more than one child.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2015, 08:49:59 PM »

if i learned anything from years of loveline, it's that the "monsters" that molest other children are typically themselves victims of similar abuse.  i doubt if this started or ended with the one kid that was caught.

ksuw, you are misreading the article you posted.  the pro public authorities woman is not comparing the duggar kid's molestations to raping a sibling at knifepoint.  she's doing the exact opposite, she is providing an example of how wide the range of behaviors are that can be classified similarly legally.  in her mind, this makes the point that authorities, rather than parents, are best able to choose punishments and treatments that suit the actions of a given juvenile offender.

That article also brought up a great point that reporting abuse to authorities can often uncover abuse of the abuser, which is common as you've learned from love line.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2015, 09:02:35 PM »

it's much easier for parents to craft a response that's in the best interest of all their children when the parents have no more than one child.

Fair point

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2015, 09:09:08 PM »

He was caught on three separate occasions by his parents

Let's give everyone a clean sheet on this. 

What would YOU do on the FOURTH occasion of learning that your kid sexually molested your other kid(s)?

Maybe we can ALL come to an agreement on the best approach to addressing the FOURTH time your kid(s) get sexually molested?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2015, 09:10:14 PM »
Probably a stern talking to and an hour cleaning the bathrooms in the house
:adios:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2015, 09:33:55 PM »
These are hard choices for loving people... almost as hard as Josh Duggar at a family reunion.

The Big Train

« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2015, 09:37:27 PM »
 :blank:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2015, 09:45:39 PM »
These are hard choices for loving people... almost as hard as Josh Duggar at a family reunion.

He won't be invited if he ends up costing them their gravy train

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2015, 12:10:17 AM »
I see KSU is all concerned about people being caught up in the system. I wonder if he has changed his opinion on petty drug possession crimes.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2015, 06:56:55 AM »
I see KSU is all concerned about people being caught up in the system. I wonder if he has changed his opinion on petty drug possession crimes.

Man, I'm so excited for the answer to this question.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang