Author Topic: mother of 19 goes for 20, god says "nah"  (Read 27809 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: mother of 19 goes for 20, god says "nah"
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2015, 12:20:30 PM »
actually, I'd prefer that all people who go by Jimbo have to be on some sort of registry as well

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2015, 12:43:09 PM »
Does Jimbo have kids that are under 18 right now?  I mean, that should be an issue too, right?  Let known molester continue living with his kids.  Seems unfit.   :dunno:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2015, 01:24:45 PM »
Does Jimbo have kids that are under 18 right now?  I mean, that should be an issue too, right?  Let known molester continue living with his kids.  Seems unfit.   :dunno:

I don't think Josh Duggar lives with them any more...he lives with his own kids now.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2015, 01:36:13 PM »
yup, all good now sd

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2015, 01:39:52 PM »
is he going to be a registered sex offender? If someone like this lived near me I would like them to have to register.

he dry-walled the molesting right out of his soul

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2015, 02:00:49 PM »

I don't think Josh Duggar lives with them any more...he lives with his own kids now.

Well, yeah, but Jimbo/bob/whatevs let it happen and I assume he still has kids to raise.  Seems like a guy that lets a known serial molester stay, untreated, in his house for several years would qualify as an unfit parent. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2015, 03:32:22 PM »
So a 15yo hormonal boy gets pervy and decides to find out what boobies and vagina feel like, over their clothes, while his sisters are sleeping? That's what happened?

Yeah, I'd remove him from the family for a while and put him in counseling. But by all means, go ahead and claim that you'd frog march your own son right down to the police if that happened in your family...

And yeah, I can't believe the victims are upset that this molestation from over 10 years ago is being exposed now. They should be as outraged as the rest of the internet community and pressing charges against their older brother! :shakesfist:

So go ahead, raise your hand if you're driving your son to the police and jail. This will be a real hoot.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2015, 03:40:08 PM »
Latest interview says it wasn't just over the clothes and one of the 5 molested was a 5y/o(perv was a 15y/o).

Maybe getting him some actual counseling?  Maybe doing more than getting him in touch with an ex cop who is also a perv?  Maybe remove him from the family to get him that counseling?  There are places for that. 

How can a parent know about it, know that it is prolific(4 sisters and one baby sitter), and do nothing to protect the other kids?

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 03:50:30 PM by CNS »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2015, 03:42:35 PM »
So a 15yo hormonal boy gets pervy and decides to find out what boobies and vagina feel like, over their clothes, while his sisters are sleeping? That's what happened?

Yeah, I'd remove him from the family for a while and put him in counseling. But by all means, go ahead and claim that you'd frog march your own son right down to the police if that happened in your family...

And yeah, I can't believe the victims are upset that this molestation from over 10 years ago is being exposed now. They should be as outraged as the rest of the internet community and pressing charges against their older brother! :shakesfist:

So go ahead, raise your hand if you're driving your son to the police and jail. This will be a real hoot.

Still have not heard your game plan for the actual victims.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
mother of 19 goes for 20, god says "nah"
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2015, 03:43:07 PM »
Are you rough ridin' kidding me right now? Strange hill to die on ksu-w
:adios:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2015, 03:44:08 PM »
they should've gotten their gronkzongas and vags out of the way if they didn't want them messed with

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2015, 03:47:01 PM »
Are you rough ridin' kidding me right now? Strange hill to die on ksu-w

So is that a vote for "I'm totally taking my 15yo son to the police"? Let's get it on the record, 8man. Also, how many kids do you have?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 04, 2015, 03:48:06 PM »
Latest interview says it wasn't just over the close and one of the 5 molested was a 5y/o(perv was a 15y/o).

Maybe getting him some actual counseling?  Maybe doing more than getting him in touch with an ex cop who is also a perv?  Maybe remove him from the family to get him that counseling?  There are places for that. 

How can a parent know about it, know that it is prolific(4 sisters and one baby sitter), and do nothing to protect the other kids?

I agree, from the sketchy info I've heard, they didn't do enough. They at least sent him away. I said I would have put my son in counseling.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 04, 2015, 03:49:17 PM »

I don't know enough info to form a plan. Did they even know it had occurred? When did they find out? I can tell you that putting their brother in jail and labeling him a sex offender, as opposed to simply removing him from the family, does nothing more to help them and might actually harm them with the severe embarassment they're no doubt experiencing now.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2015, 03:51:54 PM »
Yes, and zero. I mean, sexually assault your sisters once, shame on me. Sexually assault your sisters twice, shame on you. But sexually assault your sisters three times, and you belong in counseling, juvenile detention, and probably jail.
:adios:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2015, 04:28:20 PM »
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ddid-duggars-do-right-thing-about-sex-abuse-n369836

Emily Horowitz, a sociology professor at St. Francis College in Brooklyn, said the Duggars' decision to keep law enforcement out of it at first is understandable — even defensible.

"I don't condone this behavior, but I spoke to so many families that did the 'right thing' and the reaction was so excessive and Draconian that it destroyed the lives of their children," said Horowitz, author of the new book "Protecting Our Kids: How Sex Offender Laws Are Failing."

Horowitz said that juvenile offenders are the most treatable group of sex abusers, but law enforcement is more focused on punishment, including criminal prosecution with possible jail terms and lifetime listing on a sex-offender registry.

She said Justice Department data shows that one-third of sex offenses involving children also involve underage perpetrators. The most common age, she said, is 14 — the age Josh Duggar was.

"I'm pro-punishment," Horowitz said. "I'm just not pro-Draconian, permanent punishment."

But Huizar, from the National Children's Alliance, said it's the authorities — not parents — who can best decide how an abuser should be treated.

"We need to be clear that there is a wide range of behavior we are talking about," she said.

While Duggar was accused of touching the girls, some of them when they were asleep, Huizar said she dealt with one case in which a boy repeatedly sodomized his younger brother at knifepoint. [Because that's TOTALLY the same thing... :facepalm:]

"I don't want to minimize what youths can do," she said.

She said another reason to have the police involved is that in some cases the abuser has also been molested, though there is no suggestion that was the case with Josh Duggar.

"The other thing I would say is that making a report serves as a gateway to services," she said. "In many cases, parents are not going to know where to go for those services or have any ability to pay for services."

"There are wonderful evidence-based treatments that can interrupt the cycle of behavior," she added. "But they're often not readily available in the community."

In Horowitz's view, though, the system is designed to push parents to one of two extremes: dealing with an abuse case themselves, with no help from authorities, or opening up their child to a label that may follow them for the rest of their life.

"We don't have a middle ground," she said. "And this case shows you why we have to dial back the emotion and the hysteria."

Ok, so who else besides 8man is going to put their son's fate in the hands of the government (and people like Huizar)?

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2015, 04:47:59 PM »
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ddid-duggars-do-right-thing-about-sex-abuse-n369836

Emily Horowitz, a sociology professor at St. Francis College in Brooklyn, said the Duggars' decision to keep law enforcement out of it at first is understandable — even defensible.

"I don't condone this behavior, but I spoke to so many families that did the 'right thing' and the reaction was so excessive and Draconian that it destroyed the lives of their children," said Horowitz, author of the new book "Protecting Our Kids: How Sex Offender Laws Are Failing."

Horowitz said that juvenile offenders are the most treatable group of sex abusers, but law enforcement is more focused on punishment, including criminal prosecution with possible jail terms and lifetime listing on a sex-offender registry.

She said Justice Department data shows that one-third of sex offenses involving children also involve underage perpetrators. The most common age, she said, is 14 — the age Josh Duggar was.

"I'm pro-punishment," Horowitz said. "I'm just not pro-Draconian, permanent punishment."

But Huizar, from the National Children's Alliance, said it's the authorities — not parents — who can best decide how an abuser should be treated.

"We need to be clear that there is a wide range of behavior we are talking about," she said.

While Duggar was accused of touching the girls, some of them when they were asleep, Huizar said she dealt with one case in which a boy repeatedly sodomized his younger brother at knifepoint. [Because that's TOTALLY the same thing... :facepalm:]

She said another reason to have the police involved is that in some cases the abuser has also been molested, though there is no suggestion that was the case with Josh Duggar.

"The other thing I would say is that making a report serves as a gateway to services," she said. "In many cases, parents are not going to know where to go for those services or have any ability to pay for services."

"There are wonderful evidence-based treatments that can interrupt the cycle of behavior," she added. "But they're often not readily available in the community."

In Horowitz's view, though, the system is designed to push parents to one of two extremes: dealing with an abuse case themselves, with no help from authorities, or opening up their child to a label that may follow them for the rest of their life.

"We don't have a middle ground," she said. "And this case shows you why we have to dial back the emotion and the hysteria."

Ok, so who else besides 8man is going to put their son's fate in the hands of the government (and people like Huizar)?
What is going on? I've agreed with you on two posts today.

That letter has a lot of gaps that people are filling in because it's easy to pile on.  I mean, I dislike overly religious people as much as the next skeptic, but i think some people are extrapolating a lot from this letter that isn't there. (I haven't read or listened to much coverage) what i read made it seem like he got caught once for multiple offense and the family thought they straightened him out.  He got caught again, and the family seeked multiple outside sources. I dont necessarily agree with their methods, but i also don't know enough about it to know all the considerations the family took to assume jail was where this kid belonged. Unless there is more info I don't know about?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2015, 04:56:42 PM »

What is your opinion on what should happen to somebody else's 14 year old son who molests your daughter?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2015, 05:17:39 PM »
The fate of your 18 other kids tho. I mean, look at it per capita, mailing one sexual predator son off to prison to save 18 others is a no brainer.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2015, 05:19:31 PM »
Now if you have one single mumped up kid and your entire watch as a parent led to your kid being a repeat sexual predator I'd consider mailing myself, kid, wife, and entire mumped religion all to prison. So I'll answer ksudub in the affirmative.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2015, 05:19:39 PM »
it's pretty clear here that ksuw values his son more than his daughter(s).

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2015, 05:36:14 PM »
I don't think most people would know what to do with their children who sexually abuse other children. There should honestly be a guide somewhere for people like the Duggars in the future. (If there isn't already). They should be reported to police but I don't think putting them in prison for life is necessarily the right thing to do.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2015, 05:37:10 PM »
Probably time to toss the kid under the bus. Totally trash him and put as much distance between you and him as possible. Make up new revelations about him so that you can continue to appear on TV and trash him even more.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2015, 05:48:05 PM »

I don't know enough info to form a plan. Did they even know it had occurred? When did they find out? I can tell you that putting their brother in jail and labeling him a sex offender, as opposed to simply removing him from the family, does nothing more to help them and might actually harm them with the severe embarassment they're no doubt experiencing now.

If the Duggar parents actually cared about any of that they may have decided not to do a reality TV show, or run for the US Senate, or go on Arkansas radio saying gay and transgender people were a threat to people's children while they knew that all of this had gone on in their own home.  The hubris is off the charts.

The fact that almost no one seems interested (maybe Megyn will get an answer) about what the Duggars actually did to support and heal their daughters is sad.  Regardless of how you feel about what they did with Josh, what did they do for the victims?  Anything?  Did they seriously use the materials from the home school program they actively promote (and financially benefit from) which asks the victims what they may have done to provoke the abuse?  If so, that is more outrageous to me than whatever they did or did not do with Josh.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2015, 06:37:19 PM »
Probably time to toss the kid under the bus. Totally trash him and put as much distance between you and him as possible. Make up new revelations about him so that you can continue to appear on TV and trash him even more.

The plan is to do whatever will protect the show and the revenue stream.  That is why they are selling interviews and the molestees are coming out saying they are fine with it.