Author Topic: HBBIQ Question  (Read 12408 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: HBBIQ Question
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2010, 11:33:01 AM »
Yep, that's it entirely Chum.   :thumbsup:

Wait!  I forgot to add that it's also about the AD budget and whatever else is on your agenda.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2010, 11:41:13 AM »
It wasn't a rhetorical question per se.    :facepalm:

Why are the Frankites so defensive . . . particularly JMart?

uh, jeffrey called out the freshmen can't win theory.  admittedly, probably just to attack barnes, with capel and martin as inadvertent casualties.

Small plug, but was there any discussion of this?

http://blogs.chron.com/ncaatournament/2010/03/different_priorities_for_uts_barnes.html?

"We would love to win a national championship, but we're not obsessed with it because we're obsessed with these guys trying to live their NBA dream. What's happened to Kevin Durant, LaMarcus Aldridge, T.J. Ford - I'd give up a national title for all of our guys to be able to live their dream."

WOW, I would be completely pissed to hear my coach say that.  That's ridiculous, never mind the players not good enough for the NBA who have a dream of winning a championship...

DeezMeister

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2010, 11:52:14 AM »
So let me get this straight.

After 28 or so games, the Frosh still don't know where to go or what to do in Frank Martin's highly complex stand around offense??

Fascinating. 

:cyclist:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2010, 12:04:28 PM »
It wasn't a rhetorical question per se.    :facepalm:

Why are the Frankites so defensive . . . particularly JMart?

uh, jeffrey called out the freshmen can't win theory.  admittedly, probably just to attack barnes, with capel and martin as inadvertent casualties.

Small plug, but was there any discussion of this?

http://blogs.chron.com/ncaatournament/2010/03/different_priorities_for_uts_barnes.html?

"We would love to win a national championship, but we're not obsessed with it because we're obsessed with these guys trying to live their NBA dream. What's happened to Kevin Durant, LaMarcus Aldridge, T.J. Ford - I'd give up a national title for all of our guys to be able to live their dream."

WOW, I would be completely pissed to hear my coach say that.  That's ridiculous, never mind the players not good enough for the NBA who have a dream of winning a championship...

I wonder if the TX AD agrees with Rick? 

Complete bullshit. imo

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2010, 12:48:33 PM »
KSU's offense:  #16 in the country.

http://kenpom.com/rate.php

:love:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2010, 12:52:18 PM »

Can you say JUGGERNAUT!

:bball:

:kstatriot:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2010, 12:53:51 PM »

we were 10 before the mizzou game.  can't remember what the OppD/Rnk was before Saturday.  but it's #9 now.  played 2 defensive powerhouses over the last 2 games.

catzacker

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2010, 01:00:10 PM »

20-10 Notre Dame is 3rd.  12-16 Providence is 17th.  Just sayin'. 

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2010, 01:03:57 PM »

20-10 Notre Dame is 3rd.  12-16 Providence is 17th.  Just sayin'. 

well 194 and 224 ranked defensively.  too many white guys?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2010, 01:04:37 PM »
#17 defense.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2010, 01:09:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure having a top 20 offense and defense is a requirement for winning a National title.  So we're still in it, baby!  :kstatriot:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2010, 01:25:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure having a top 20 offense and defense is a requirement for winning a National title.  So we're still in it, baby!  :kstatriot:

I read somewhere that is part of the BCS system for basketball. 

:ksu:

catzacker

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2010, 01:30:20 PM »

catzacker

« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2010, 01:37:43 PM »
there are 7 teams in the top 20 in both O and D eff.

Duke
Kansas
BYU
Syracuse
tOSU
Kentucky
KSU

kind of a lot of pressure on Frank to perform.  that's E8 material.    :ohno:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2010, 01:41:37 PM »

Duke
Kansas
BYU
Syracuse
tOSU
Kentucky
KSU

kind of a lot of pressure on Frank to perform.  that's E8 material.    :ohno:

will we cherish the days of march madness w/o the cats?  without the expectations and nervous moments of our team?  i'll say no

catzacker

« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2010, 01:47:14 PM »

Duke
Kansas
BYU
Syracuse
tOSU
Kentucky
KSU

kind of a lot of pressure on Frank to perform.  that's E8 material.    :ohno:

will we cherish the days of march madness w/o the cats?  without the expectations and nervous moments of our team?  i'll say no

what percentage of the fan base has gone into the NCAA tournament feeling as though KSU should win multiple games? and not in a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) gpc exectation way.  and this isn't a factor in us winning, just a question.  I'll put it at 10 30%.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 01:51:40 PM by catzacker »

Offline bradleigh

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2010, 01:51:06 PM »
So let me get this straight.

After 28 or so games, the Frosh still don't know where to go or what to do in Frank Martin's highly complex stand around offense??

Fascinating. 

Go ask Rick Barnes or Jeff Capel about Freshmen.

Or John Calipari, right?  :jerk:

Speaking of simplistic "stand around" offenses.
2/8/11 - Never Forget

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2010, 02:41:58 PM »
I am pretty dumb, but I seem to remember having these exact discussions about two years ago vis a vis JPullen.

I think its probably just Frank's long term (:ohno:) strategy with Freshmen who are not the same caliber player as BEZ and BWALK.

We'll probably be bitching about this when Angel comes along as well...

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2010, 03:11:43 PM »

huge message board fights between "martin lets rodriguez-tricoche do whatever he wants, which i think is 'cause he's puerto rican, but i'm only going to hint at that, and not say it" posters and "jfc, rodriguez-tricoche is going to transfer if martin keeps playing effortavious irving" posters coming in '11-'12.

:ksu:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2010, 03:13:38 PM »
effortavious irving"

:love: Nicknames for everyone should be mandatory...
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2010, 09:51:37 PM »
#17 defense.

16-12 USC is #1.

You can't possibly be that obtuse, check their offensive numbers and you'll see why they suck.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2010, 09:59:06 PM »
kind of dislike that Wally didn't get minutes A&M, @NU, CU, @OU, @TT...those were games where we beat the opponent by double digits (all were 15 or more) and yet he only got 10 minutes once (@NU), though he had 4 fouls in the A&M game, the rest of those games he had 0 or 1 foul.  you're telling me that we can't sneak him in and get some real experience in those games?  Maybe then he won't be so lost on offense?  Maybe then he gets a bit tougher or more aggressive?  Can't really treat him like a veteran pinch hitter.
there's few things i dislike about frank but one of those things is that I don't think he allows his younger players a chance to grow and develop on the floor, in game time.  we just have to accept it b/c it won't change.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but didn't Frank develop Jake Pullen and Jamar Samuels? 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2010, 10:03:31 PM »
kind of dislike that Wally didn't get minutes A&M, @NU, CU, @OU, @TT...those were games where we beat the opponent by double digits (all were 15 or more) and yet he only got 10 minutes once (@NU), though he had 4 fouls in the A&M game, the rest of those games he had 0 or 1 foul.  you're telling me that we can't sneak him in and get some real experience in those games?  Maybe then he won't be so lost on offense?  Maybe then he gets a bit tougher or more aggressive?  Can't really treat him like a veteran pinch hitter.
there's few things i dislike about frank but one of those things is that I don't think he allows his younger players a chance to grow and develop on the floor, in game time.  we just have to accept it b/c it won't change.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but didn't Frank develop Jake Pullen and Jamar Samuels? 
correct me if i'm mistaken but i think he did.  is everything an absolute?  didn't jamar redshirt?  :dunno:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2010, 10:13:53 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2010, 10:19:06 PM »
kind of dislike that Wally didn't get minutes A&M, @NU, CU, @OU, @TT...those were games where we beat the opponent by double digits (all were 15 or more) and yet he only got 10 minutes once (@NU), though he had 4 fouls in the A&M game, the rest of those games he had 0 or 1 foul.  you're telling me that we can't sneak him in and get some real experience in those games?  Maybe then he won't be so lost on offense?  Maybe then he gets a bit tougher or more aggressive?  Can't really treat him like a veteran pinch hitter.
there's few things i dislike about frank but one of those things is that I don't think he allows his younger players a chance to grow and develop on the floor, in game time.  we just have to accept it b/c it won't change.

correct me if i'm mistaken but i think he did.  is everything an absolute?  didn't jamar redshirt?  :dunno:

So does that mean that Jamar lost his freshman year :dunno: point is that Frank hasn't really had freshmen good enough to "develop on the floor."  Who other than Jake and Jamar proved worthy of good minutes as a freshman?  Dom got too many minutes as a freshman because of the shitty options.  I guess I don't get your point since Wally and Rodney are the only ones who can even be debated.  Pretty sure that Wally proved Frank's point last night.  People are creaming themselves about him, but he still wasn't any good.

If you are a coach that loves winning and loves having a job you don't use game time for development.  Safe to say that Wally looks just as shitty rebounding and defending in practice as he did last night.