Author Topic: It's very odd, but  (Read 6192 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
It's very odd, but
« on: March 03, 2010, 10:14:14 PM »
I am just not that upset tonight.  I really wanted to win, but about 15 minutes after the game I feel pretty good.  So much more ball to look forward to I guess.

Losing in the big 12 tournament before the final would be pretty devastating though.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: It's very odd, but
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
thanks for the update "chingon"

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:15:29 PM »
no, this is pretty bad.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 10:17:59 PM »
Chingon is correct.  This game meant jack crap other than a few laughs at BMW's expense. 

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 10:18:31 PM »
Chingon is correct.  This game meant jack crap other than a few laughs at BMW's expense. 

how on earth do you come up w/these gems?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 10:18:38 PM »
thanks for the update "chingon"
Any time "clams".

I did feel very sad for about a day or so after the home loss to ku though.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 10:19:23 PM »

how on earth do you come up w/these gems?

go back to the fball board!

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 10:21:53 PM »
UPDATE

I just had a mood swing and feel shitty now.  Thanks fff.  Thanks a rough ridin' lot.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 10:28:35 PM »
UPDATE

I just had a mood swing and feel shitty now.  Thanks fff.  Thanks a fracking lot.

solution:  go to kstate's kenpom page, look at all the green, feel good again.

no link for obvious reasons.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 10:38:40 PM »
Yeah, I don't feel that bad. Whatever. It's not like the KU game defines our season anymore or something.  :dunno:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 10:39:45 PM »
Yeah, I don't feel that bad. Whatever. It's not like the KU game defines our season anymore or something.  :dunno:
this is true. still feel bad about the way we played for that 12-13 min stretch in the second half.  :barf:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 10:45:19 PM »
this is true. still feel bad about the way we played for that 12-13 min stretch in the second half.  :barf:

Yeah, and obviously it's sad to see human garbage like Collins succeed at anything in life. But he'd be whatever he is wherever he was. Just another road loss. Whatever.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 10:51:08 PM »

Yeah, and obviously it's sad to see human garbage like Collins succeed at anything in life. But he'd be whatever he is wherever he was. Just another road loss. Whatever.
agreed. i hate seeing dirty pieces of crap succeed. esp. collins and the morris tards

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 11:07:34 PM »
Tonight showed that for us to advance beyond the sweet 16 - Wally, Rodney and JR need to consistently produce on both ends of the floor.

Because Lumbering Lu, Energy and Dom (aside from the fluke nub game) are nothing but dead weight on offense. uk's D just left Dom and Energy alone on the perimeter and clogged the lane. They doubled Lu, every unfortunate time he got the ball and got costly turnovers. It's not a secret. Good teams have exploited these glaring weaknesses over and over the past couple of years.

To be elite, we need Wally and Rodney to play like they have in both uk games, for the rest of the season.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline catsdo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 11:12:26 PM »
I wasn't upset that we lost, just at the sucky way we played.  Also difficult to watch Lu be in the game at all.  That's why I got drunk.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 11:16:04 PM »
Tonight showed that for us to advance beyond the sweet 16 - Wally, Rodney and JR need to consistently produce on both ends of the floor.

Because Lumbering Lu, Energy and Dom (aside from the fluke nub game) are nothing but dead weight on offense. uk's D just left Dom and Energy alone on the perimeter and clogged the lane. They doubled Lu, every unfortunate time he got the ball and got costly turnovers. It's not a secret. Good teams have exploited these glaring weaknesses over and over the past couple of years.

To be elite, we need Wally and Rodney to play like they have in both uk games, for the rest of the season.
This

I also think the zone is a big problem.  After Self called the timeout they ripped it apart.  I know we had foul problems, but we are not a good zone team.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2010, 04:17:49 AM »
I also think the zone is a big problem.  After Self called the timeout they ripped it apart.  I know we had foul problems, but we are not a good zone team.

I don't think we try to be. The situation called for us to play zone, which was less shitty than all our bigs foul out. I agree, i wish we were better, but it doesn't really disappoint me that self could "rip it apart."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 06:09:43 AM »
KSU was in zone for a LOOOOOOONG time before KU did any ripping of anything.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 06:18:09 AM »
KSU was in zone for a LOOOOOOONG time before KU did any ripping of anything.

I said it after the CU game in Boulder, I like the 3-2 with McGruder up top.  I guess we don't run it cause Frank said last night it limits the ability to get fast break buckets.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010, 06:54:44 AM »

it showed nothing of the sort.  it showed that with kelly on the bench and samuels playing like crap, kstate has a lot of trouble scoring inside against perhaps the best interior defense in the country, even when that defense is completely selling out to defend the perimeter.  not a huge surprise.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 07:11:54 AM »
I was surprised to see the box score and see Dom had 0 points... It never appeared to me during the game he was sucking it up that bad, but foul trouble played a part to that. If i bitch about someone tonight....it won't be Dom.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 07:17:00 AM »
I was surprised to see the box score and see Dom had 0 points... It never appeared to me during the game he was sucking it up that bad, but foul trouble played a part to that. If i bitch about someone tonight....it won't be Dom.

you'd be right not to bitch.  he didn't suck, he was just a non factor.  largely because he took himself out of the game.  but he was pretty ineffective when playing too.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 07:17:07 AM »
it showed nothing of the sort.  it showed that with kelly on the bench and samuels playing like crap, kstate has a lot of trouble scoring inside against perhaps the best interior defense in the country, even when that defense is completely selling out to defend the perimeter.  not a huge surprise.

HUGE dropoff with both of those guys in the bench.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2010, 07:37:34 AM »
it showed nothing of the sort.  it showed that with kelly on the bench and samuels playing like crap, kstate has a lot of trouble scoring inside against perhaps the best interior defense in the country, even when that defense is completely selling out to defend the perimeter.  not a huge surprise.

HUGE dropoff with both of those guys in the bench.

This WAS the story of the ballgame.  Everything else really was a product of this IMO.

Plus the last 12-15 minutes KU made shots and we didn't.  The game is simple sometimes.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2010, 08:44:59 AM »
The game was lost on the defensive end.  We can't win if we allow an oEff of 130.