Author Topic: Some basic facts about our opponent, University College of Arkansas (UCA)  (Read 9070 times)

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
UCA is the premier football program of the state of Arkansas, a noble and great achievement. Here are some basic facts about them:

Motto   No offical motto
Established   1907, as Arkansas State Normal School
Type   Public University
Endowment   US $34.9 million (2008)[1]
Students   13,863 (Fall 2011) [2]
Undergraduates   12,302 (Fall 2011) [3]
Postgraduates   1,561 (Fall 2011) [4]
Location    Conway, Arkansas, USA
Campus   Co-educational; residential
Colors   purple and gray

Nickname   Bears & Sugar Bears [2] so why do they go around acting like pigs?  :confused:
Affiliations   Southeastland Conference
Website   www.uca.edu

Apparently they just moved up from Division 2 like last year :lol: Here is their football field:

looks like we're playing a real up-and-coming program guys :ohno:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Some basic facts about our opponent, University College of Arkansas (UCA)
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 11:25:37 PM »
Wow, only been playing D1 football for 2 years and made it to the cotton bowl! Congrats guys, hats off!  :emawkid:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 11:26:00 PM »

:surprised:

Would take.

Like I said, we're dealing with one of the hottest up-and-coming programs in the nation here :frown:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 11:27:09 PM »
Sugar Bears is a bad ass nickname, 'grats guys.

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 11:27:50 PM »

Would take.
Holy crap we talked about this last year.  Good find.  I like how the yard numbers in the background appear elevated and cast a shadow.  Please merge with cool sciency pics thread or optical illusions thread, tia.

Offline Ham Malone

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 11:31:57 PM »
Damn now you guys can't install a purple and grey field since you would be copycats. 

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 11:40:06 PM »
Man, look at this tiny-ass basketball arena of theirs  :sdeek:

Apparently their informal name is "College Arkansas," as you can see by the first word in their logo at mid-court. Seems kinda redundant, but hey, maybe they have a pro team in Little Rock that people get confused by and accidentally go to their games or something :lol:

Offline RazorHog

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 12:39:16 AM »
If this thread is a joke, then:   :lol:

If not, then:  :facepalm:

Offline kcpowercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 12:41:18 AM »
After we beat these guys, I'm taking them under my wing....that football field.....  :drool:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 12:48:09 AM »

Would take.

Hmmm, I would've alternated the colors.  Looks like they got to the 50 and just kind of gave up there.

Offline Cackle

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 12:58:59 AM »

my God that is elite.  Currie, Schulzie, OB, Bosco, whoever makes these decisions should take notes
:bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 01:07:26 AM »
I can't believe that the SEC would allow them to do that on their field, but I guess they allowed Maryland to play in those horrid uniforms.

So much for SEC "tradition."

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Smac1475

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 01:14:19 AM »
OMG You people aren't very smart You are playing the U of A not UCA ROFLMA !!!!!! We are #6 in the nation We played in the Sugar bowl last year!!!! Are you new to football????

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 01:14:53 AM »
OMG You people aren't very smart You are playing the U of A not UCA ROFLMA !!!!!! We are #6 in the nation We played in the Sugar bowl last year!!!! Are you new to football????

:driving:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 01:15:14 AM »
Apparently our identity crisis-ridden friends at hogville.net (seriously, i thought auburn was the only SEC school with multiple personality disorder) appear to doubt our veractiy here at goEMAW dot com:

ebay286
Senior

Re: According to goEMAW.com...
« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:09:46 AM »
Guys, it's a TROLL BOARD, nothing on the entire site is supposed to be taken seriously.

Let me assure you Mr. Anonymous Internet Poster who uses an outdated website for selling merchandise, I have been *inside* the very Farris Center of the University College of Arkansas where your Sugar Bearpigs play basketyhoops. I have taken in your atmosphere and multiple murals to the only relevant basketball player in your school's history, Scottie Pippen. I would not disparage or misrepresent anything about your fine institution.

Offline BallHawg10

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 01:15:38 AM »
 :bang:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 01:17:15 AM »

OMG YOU AREN'T VERY SMART!

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 01:18:07 AM »

I'd like to point out that Mr. BallHawg10 is merely giving us a visual representation of normal daily activities of University College of Arkansas students. Their campus in Conway is dominated by brick buildings, and the school's students do a daily ritual of "becoming one with the brick and mortar structures of knowledge" by attempting to unite their brains with the halls of knowledge they occupy. It's a strange, but inspiring sight to see.

Offline Smac1475

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 01:19:24 AM »

Wrong school again boy oh boy you just can't get it right can you?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 01:21:02 AM »

I'd like to point out that Mr. BallHawg10 is merely giving us a visual representation of normal daily activities of University College of Arkansas students. Their campus in Conway is dominated by brick buildings, and the school's students do a daily ritual of "becoming one with the brick and mortar structures of knowledge" by attempting to unite their brains with the halls of knowledge they occupy. It's a strange, but inspiring sight to see.

Clearly the results of these rituals are difficult for outsiders like us to interpret.

Offline gohogs14

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 01:22:31 AM »

I figured you guys would appreciate them having the same color scheme as you. I work for their ticket office and think the womens bball team could beat the men haha. but the men have corliss williamson so its all good  :gocho:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2011, 02:42:54 PM »
[[[[[[[[[[[[
:ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :
Way scarier than Baylor iyam
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 02:44:30 PM by 42 »

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2011, 02:51:14 PM »