Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 927652 times)

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #3500 on: January 02, 2012, 09:56:56 PM »
They either though you had potential as a painter or were a fish :dunno:

Offline We Are Better Than You

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: January 02, 2012, 10:22:41 PM »
No problem with it, just have trouble making sense of it though. 

Reminds me of a news broadcast I saw once.  An English (you know, because he is from and still lives in England) reporter was doing a story about 2 men who were from Nigeria and happened to be black.  They moved to France and became citizens, so you see, they were actually French.  Anywho, he reported them as being African-American.  These two French guys had never set foot on American soil (north, south or central) so I'm all like WTF!

I guess that reporter was wrong.  I am of African descent but live in America.  You can call me black, but I prefer to be called African-American.  Most of my caucasian friends down here do, but some call me black and that's OK too.

My friends call me Wes.  Or Dub Tooth.

My friends call me Larry but we do talk about race and I think it's something we shouldn't be afraid to talk about.  We look different and have a history that we need to work through, not ignore.

Larry, let me ask you a question... and you can be honest... What is your opinion of somebody flying a Confederate flag at home? If you read a couple pages back, you might've seen the article from Fox News out of LR talking about the mayor in Marshall (North Central Arkansas) having the Confederate flag flown outside city hall... I absolutely and 100% disagree with this move and the city council did the right thing by banning this. Only the American flag should ever be flown, with the exception of the Arkansas State flag. But you see Larry, where the Confederate flag became a problem was when these KSU punks pulled a vid from the 1965 Cotton Bowl and some Arkansas fans waived the Confederate flag on the field after they won. Now, we're racist because this was done over 45 years ago. What's your feeling on this, my African American friend?

I am definitely offended by the Confederate flag.  Fortunately, I hardly ever see it anymore down here.  Once in a while on the front license plate of a pickup truck.  To be honest, most Arkansas treat me like a human being.  I didn't mind getting a minority scholarship along with my academic scholarship to the U of A, but I'd like to think that most of my current accomplishments have been earned by me.  I was barely born in 1965 and my dad says things have gotten alot better, thank God. I am a season ticket holder and love to go to Hogs games!

Thank you sir... You said everything I had hoped and expected you would say. If I was also African American, I would completely agree with you! I'm not originally from Arkansas (born in Topeka,  KS, actually). I'm SO glad to hear that you're treated like a human being... If you had said otherwise, I'd be seriously disappointed because I'd be willing to say that 90% of Arkansans are not racists... I'm proud that you went to the U of A and received all the support you got. The more educated this country has, the better off we'll all be. Regarding the 1965 era, it was a troubling time for the state as well as the country. I'm considerably younger than you (born in the late 1980's) and very thankful that I didn't have to see what the country was like then. I tip my hat to you good sir and may we continue to fight the good fight...

Woo Pig Sooie and Go Hogs!
EMAW mods fold like the K-State D-Line...welcome back, Jack!

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: January 02, 2012, 10:25:09 PM »
No problem with it, just have trouble making sense of it though. 

Reminds me of a news broadcast I saw once.  An English (you know, because he is from and still lives in England) reporter was doing a story about 2 men who were from Nigeria and happened to be black.  They moved to France and became citizens, so you see, they were actually French.  Anywho, he reported them as being African-American.  These two French guys had never set foot on American soil (north, south or central) so I'm all like WTF!

I guess that reporter was wrong.  I am of African descent but live in America.  You can call me black, but I prefer to be called African-American.  Most of my caucasian friends down here do, but some call me black and that's OK too.

My friends call me Wes.  Or Dub Tooth.

My friends call me Larry but we do talk about race and I think it's something we shouldn't be afraid to talk about.  We look different and have a history that we need to work through, not ignore.

Larry, let me ask you a question... and you can be honest... What is your opinion of somebody flying a Confederate flag at home? If you read a couple pages back, you might've seen the article from Fox News out of LR talking about the mayor in Marshall (North Central Arkansas) having the Confederate flag flown outside city hall... I absolutely and 100% disagree with this move and the city council did the right thing by banning this. Only the American flag should ever be flown, with the exception of the Arkansas State flag. But you see Larry, where the Confederate flag became a problem was when these KSU punks pulled a vid from the 1965 Cotton Bowl and some Arkansas fans waived the Confederate flag on the field after they won. Now, we're racist because this was done over 45 years ago. What's your feeling on this, my African American friend?

I am definitely offended by the Confederate flag.  Fortunately, I hardly ever see it anymore down here.  Once in a while on the front license plate of a pickup truck.  To be honest, most Arkansas treat me like a human being.  I didn't mind getting a minority scholarship along with my academic scholarship to the U of A, but I'd like to think that most of my current accomplishments have been earned by me.  I was barely born in 1965 and my dad says things have gotten alot better, thank God. I am a season ticket holder and love to go to Hogs games!

Thank you sir... You said everything I had hoped and expected you would say. If I was also African American, I would completely agree with you! I'm not originally from Arkansas (born in Topeka,  KS, actually). I'm SO glad to hear that you're treated like a human being... If you had said otherwise, I'd be seriously disappointed because I'd be willing to say that 90% of Arkansans are not racists... I'm proud that you went to the U of A and received all the support you got. The more educated this country has, the better off we'll all be. Regarding the 1965 era, it was a troubling time for the state as well as the country. I'm considerably younger than you (born in the late 1980's) and very thankful that I didn't have to see what the country was like then. I tip my hat to you good sir and may we continue to fight the good fight...

This is the most racist post I have ever read.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: January 02, 2012, 10:49:53 PM »

This is the most racist post I have ever read.

Yes.  I think wabash909 was right a few pages back about the ban.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: January 02, 2012, 10:52:46 PM »
I am an African-American Razorbacks fan who lives in Arkansas. So does that make me a racist in your eyes too?

Careful guys, might be a sock.  He uses punctuation, capitalization, and the correct form of your / you're. 
:adios:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: January 03, 2012, 12:36:11 AM »
They either though you had potential as a painter or were a fish :dunno:
I suck at painting but I used to drink a lot more back then...

Offline ZeroSumGame

• Obsessed with Homosexuality
  • Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
  • EMAW - Every [redacted] a Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: January 03, 2012, 02:07:23 AM »
WABTY,

Stop posting here. These people are defective idiots who believe that simply saying something immediately makes it true.
That's the height of stupidity.

Kansas is a cesspool of nothing but weeds, gullies, cows, cornholes, fat, pale women, cowboys in sh*t kickers, and
obviously delusional trolls who hang on message boards croaking "racist!," "Wal Mart!," "We're rich!," "Confederate
flag!!"

When Jake Becquette crushes their p*ssy QB Klein and he's on the bench with ice on his knee and snot running
from his nose, these dumb b*tches will be wondering where they need to sign up to become the next SEC add.

You idiots might like to take a look at the pain train that's about to roll all over your limp assed team.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=821468&db_oem_id=6100

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=821236&db_oem_id=6100

And they think a running Quarterback will be the key to a huge win? Hah...hah hah...hah hah hah....

The reality is that, at their very best, KSU *might* hang with Mississippi State or South Carolina.

As for providing these dolts with justifications for any Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) stupidity they can motivate their greasy,
stubby, manure scented finger to type, it's time to stop feeding the trolls and let the team do the
talking Friday night.

They know they're about to take a monumental ass whipping. So, all they can do is throw ridiculous
ad hominem attacks that have absolutely no basis in fact. Like the song says, you can't talke to a
psycho like a normal human being. These people, like fred Phelps, the BTK killer, Time McVeigh
and Terry Nichols are missing a gene or two.
I have anger issues and I take college football way too seriously.

Offline ZeroSumGame

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: January 03, 2012, 02:22:39 AM »
And after we break a d*ck off in the KSU pussycat, leave it crying and used like the little whore it is,
I'm going to come back to this board with a hearty F*CK YOU for your pussy assed alma mater
and all its pussy assed graduates, lesser athletes, and most of all for you, its pussy fans who
never attended a class there and hide behind keyboards typing absolute ignorance.

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: January 03, 2012, 05:59:00 AM »
WABTY,

Stop posting here. These people are defective idiots who believe that simply saying something immediately makes it true.
That's the height of stupidity.

Kansas is a cesspool of nothing but weeds, gullies, cows, cornholes, fat, pale women, cowboys in sh*t kickers, and
obviously delusional trolls who hang on message boards croaking "racist!," "Wal Mart!," "We're rich!," "Confederate
flag!!"

When Jake Becquette crushes their p*ssy QB Klein and he's on the bench with ice on his knee and snot running
from his nose, these dumb b*tches will be wondering where they need to sign up to become the next SEC add.

You idiots might like to take a look at the pain train that's about to roll all over your limp assed team.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=821468&db_oem_id=6100

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=821236&db_oem_id=6100

And they think a running Quarterback will be the key to a huge win? Hah...hah hah...hah hah hah....

The reality is that, at their very best, KSU *might* hang with Mississippi State or South Carolina.

As for providing these dolts with justifications for any Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) stupidity they can motivate their greasy,
stubby, manure scented finger to type, it's time to stop feeding the trolls and let the team do the
talking Friday night.

They know they're about to take a monumental ass whipping. So, all they can do is throw ridiculous
ad hominem attacks that have absolutely no basis in fact. Like the song says, you can't talke to a
psycho like a normal human being. These people, like fred Phelps, the BTK killer, Time McVeigh
and Terry Nichols are missing a gene or two.

Ya dig?

You're right though... I've really wasted too much bandwidth with arguing with these Looney Tunes... But it's just too easy! ha

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: January 03, 2012, 06:02:39 AM »
I am an African-American Razorbacks fan who lives in Arkansas. So does that make me a racist in your eyes too?

Careful guys, might be a sock.  He uses punctuation, capitalization, and the correct form of your / you're. 

It's crazy how that works when you get a decent education from a top tier university...

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Professorstinkynuts

• One hell of a nice guy.
  • Fan
  • One good looking S.O.B.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: January 03, 2012, 06:41:45 AM »
After reading some grossly misinformed statements the past few days, I wanted to make sure that my message was clear. I agree with "we are" when he states that kstate fans and alumni are smart, successful, and tolerant people. But he forgot to add in the characteristics of well built and athletic and very well endowed.   Women want to be with us and other men want to be us. It is hard to be so talented in so many areas but being able to stay modest and humble is our true strength. Thank you wildcat fans for keeping this in perspective.  Also. I was not surprised but after reading some of the arky fans rants I realized they are also very homophobic.
"How do you write women so well?"
"I think of a man and then take away reason and accountability."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: January 03, 2012, 08:04:10 AM »
God won't care about the cotton bowl result when he sends ZSG to hell.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: January 03, 2012, 11:20:40 AM »
And after we break a d*ck off in the KSU pussycat, leave it crying and used like the little whore it is,
I'm going to come back to this board with a hearty F*CK YOU for your pussy assed alma mater
and all its pussy assed graduates, lesser athletes, and most of all for you, its pussy fans who
never attended a class there and hide behind keyboards typing absolute ignorance.

Nice meltdown, psycho.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: January 03, 2012, 12:51:24 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-blackbirds-fall-sky-beebe-arkansas-years-eve/story?id=15269793

Arkansas sucks so bad that even the birds commit suicide or die from heart complications related to the use of meth.  :dunno:

Either way prolly depressed because they were too poor to buy christmas presents for their kids.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: January 03, 2012, 12:53:20 PM »
does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program

yes, nobody knows who they are and their offensive stink makes me want to barf

Offline ZeroSumGame

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: January 03, 2012, 01:15:35 PM »

Nice meltdown, psycho.

Just about as nice as calling an entire State's residents racist, biggots, hillbillies, poor, uneducated.
You, and everyone who participates in such gross ignorance have proven yourselves as the idiots
you are.

I'll be at the Cotton Bowl Friday, and I'd love to meet you, little man. You think I'm psycho here on this
board? You've never seen as psycho as I'll get on your candy ass. You talk sh*t about people but
I'd bet you're a skinny loudmouth who couldn't fight his way out of a Victoria's Secret.

But, then again, the better part of you ran down the crack of your fat momma's ass and ended up a
stain on the sleeping bag she calls home. You're a punk...just own up to it.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: January 03, 2012, 01:21:00 PM »
You've never seen as psycho as I'll get on your candy ass. You talk sh*t about people but
I'd bet you're a skinny loudmouth who couldn't fight his way out of a Victoria's Secret.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: January 03, 2012, 01:21:45 PM »
 :sdeek: Well.... I never.  :sdeek:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: January 03, 2012, 01:22:24 PM »
I am still getting used to the lingo, but did ZSG just ask Klienstone out or to go camping?

:dunno:

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: January 03, 2012, 01:24:32 PM »

But, then again, the better part of you ran down the crack of your fat momma's ass and ended up a

Sleeping bag sex is the best.    :blah:
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: January 03, 2012, 01:26:04 PM »

Nice meltdown, psycho.

Just about as nice as calling an entire State's residents racist, biggots, hillbillies, poor, uneducated.
You, and everyone who participates in such gross ignorance have proven yourselves as the idiots
you are.

I'll be at the Cotton Bowl Friday, and I'd love to meet you, little man. You think I'm psycho here on this
board? You've never seen as psycho as I'll get on your candy ass. You talk sh*t about people but

I'll be there.  Come get some.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: January 03, 2012, 01:35:49 PM »

I'll be at the Cotton Bowl Friday, and I'd love to meet you, little man.

:lol: it's like they don't even know...  :lol:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: January 03, 2012, 02:24:03 PM »

Nice meltdown, psycho.

you are.

I'll be there.  Come get some.

Will houcat be posting a torrent afterwards?  :pray:

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: January 03, 2012, 05:41:42 PM »
After reading some grossly misinformed statements the past few days, I wanted to make sure that my message was clear. I agree with "we are" when he states that kstate fans and alumni are smart, successful, and tolerant people. But he forgot to add in the characteristics of well built and athletic and very well endowed.   Women want to be with us and other men want to be us. It is hard to be so talented in so many areas but being able to stay modest and humble is our true strength. Thank you wildcat fans for keeping this in perspective.  Also. I was not surprised but after reading some of the arky fans rants I realized they are also very homophobic.

You guys are pathetic... I've NEVER seen a fan base with their heads so far up their asses... It truly is unbelievable... I'm not convinced any of you have left the state of Kansas... But you will... in due time you all will... and then you'll come with your tails between your legs because you realized that Arkansas beat the ever loving crap out of your Cat-aggies...