Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 935772 times)

Offline Professorstinkynuts

• One hell of a nice guy.
  • Fan
  • One good looking S.O.B.
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #3475 on: January 02, 2012, 08:10:01 PM »
I am an African-American Razorbacks fan who lives in Arkansas. So does that make me a racist in your eyes too?

depends, were you born in Africa and then moved to America?
[/quote

I would not say that you are a racist, but I would understand your dislike of the Caucasian race that has oppressed you for so many years. But i want you to know that you are free to move away and they can't come after you. The north won my friend.
"How do you write women so well?"
"I think of a man and then take away reason and accountability."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: January 02, 2012, 08:14:24 PM »
I am an African-American Razorbacks fan who lives in Arkansas. So does that make me a racist in your eyes too?

Sorry about all your neighbors and fellow fans who think it's alright to fly the confederate flag.  Damn, that sucks.

Offline IH8LSU

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: January 02, 2012, 08:17:24 PM »

[/quote

I would not say that you are a racist, but I would understand your dislike of the Caucasian race that has oppressed you for so many years. But i want you to know that you are free to move away and they can't come after you. The north won my friend.
[/quote

You guys have it all wrong. I have friends that are white and black down here.  Some people are prejudices and some aren't.  And that describes everywhere I've been in America, including Kansas.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: January 02, 2012, 08:19:06 PM »
Lawrentucky messing up the good name again.

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: January 02, 2012, 08:21:35 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm still confused though.  Do you have dual citizenship or where you born in Africa and then moved to America.  If so, where in Africa?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:23:49 PM by alexander supertramp »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3480 on: January 02, 2012, 08:23:11 PM »
IH8, you should help out We Are and go take a picture with him that We Are can tote around Costanza-style to prove he's not a racist.  Make sure you give him notice before you go over so that he has time to take down the stars & bars at the house.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:26:32 PM by Trim »

Offline IH8LSU

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: January 02, 2012, 08:25:05 PM »

[/quote

[/quote

You guys have it all wrong. I have friends that are white and black down here.  Some people are prejudices and some aren't.  And that describes everywhere I've been in America, including Kansas.

I'm still confused though.  Do you have dual citizenship or where you born in Africa and then moved to America.  If so, where in Africa?

I am black and was born in Arkansas but I prefer to be called African-American.  You got a problem with that?

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: January 02, 2012, 08:34:10 PM »
No problem with it, just have trouble making sense of it though. 

Reminds me of a news broadcast I saw once.  An English (you know, because he is from and still lives in England) reporter was doing a story about 2 men who were from Nigeria and happened to be black.  They moved to France and became citizens, so you see, they were actually French.  Anywho, he reported them as being African-American.  These two French guys had never set foot on American soil (north, south or central) so I'm all like WTF!

Offline IH8LSU

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: January 02, 2012, 08:42:33 PM »

Reminds me of a news broadcast I saw once.  An English (you know, because he is from and still lives in England) reporter was doing a story about 2 men who were from Nigeria and happened to be black.  They moved to France and became citizens, so you see, they were actually French.  Anywho, he reported them as being African-American.  These two French guys had never set foot on American soil (north, south or central) so I'm all like WTF!

I guess that reporter was wrong.  I am of African descent but live in America.  You can call me black, but I prefer to be called African-American.  Most of my caucasian friends down here do, but some call me black and that's OK too.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #3484 on: January 02, 2012, 08:46:21 PM »

I guess that reporter was wrong.  I am of African descent but live in America.  You can call me black, but I prefer to be called African-American.  Most of my caucasian friends down here do, but some call me black and that's OK too.
I think that's weird.  None of my friends call me white or swiss/french american.  When will your friends down there stop seeing you as a color, and start seeing you as a human being?  God bless.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: January 02, 2012, 08:47:53 PM »

My friends call me Wes.  Or Dub Tooth.

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: January 02, 2012, 08:48:46 PM »

After all of the posts that I have read from Arkansas fans I hope those names really are the only ones they call you. I am positive that "we are" uses names that the majority of kansans would never know o understand.

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: January 02, 2012, 08:54:24 PM »

Here's the deal, who decides what is the proper term.  Hypothetical.  You are the 1st "black" person I meet.  You say you prefer to be called "African American."  So I do that.  Next person I meet that happens to be "black" gets twisted (even though if you trace it back, he is of African decent also) when you say "African-American" because it has a negative connotation so now I'm a racist.  So the next guy I meet I refer to as "black" and now I'm a racist because that is a negative term.  So the next guy I meet I just call an American and he twists off because he's still bitter that his relatives were sold as slaves and he doesn't ever want anyone to forget the hardship his people faced.  SO the next guy is referred to as African American and he's like WTF, I'm from Haiti you racist prick.  and so on and so on

adjectives are used to describe all things in this modern world yet anytime a white guy says black, he's  :opcat:

I know you said you're cool with black but hopefully you see my point.

Offline We Are Better Than You

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: January 02, 2012, 08:55:55 PM »
IH8, you should help out We Are and go take a picture with him that We Are can tote around Costanza-style to prove he's not a racist.  Make sure you give him notice before you go over so that he has time to take down the stars & bars at the house.

Happy?
EMAW mods fold like the K-State D-Line...welcome back, Jack!

Offline IH8LSU

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: January 02, 2012, 08:58:17 PM »

My friends call me Larry but we do talk about race and I think it's something we shouldn't be afraid to talk about.  We look different and have a history that we need to work through, not ignore.

Offline We Are Better Than You

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: January 02, 2012, 09:24:48 PM »

My friends call me Larry but we do talk about race and I think it's something we shouldn't be afraid to talk about.  We look different and have a history that we need to work through, not ignore.

Larry, let me ask you a question... and you can be honest... What is your opinion of somebody flying a Confederate flag at home? If you read a couple pages back, you might've seen the article from Fox News out of LR talking about the mayor in Marshall (North Central Arkansas) having the Confederate flag flown outside city hall... I absolutely and 100% disagree with this move and the city council did the right thing by banning this. Only the American flag should ever be flown, with the exception of the Arkansas State flag. But you see Larry, where the Confederate flag became a problem was when these KSU punks pulled a vid from the 1965 Cotton Bowl and some Arkansas fans waived the Confederate flag on the field after they won. Now, we're racist because this was done over 45 years ago. What's your feeling on this, my African American friend?
EMAW mods fold like the K-State D-Line...welcome back, Jack!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: January 02, 2012, 09:27:04 PM »
 :popcorn:

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: January 02, 2012, 09:29:25 PM »
Don't tell him Larry. This is some sort of racist trick. He is trying to get you to agree with him so he can show all of wave toting racist friends that he got a "colored" (his words not mine, read previous posts) to agree with him.

Offline IH8LSU

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: January 02, 2012, 09:35:46 PM »

Larry, let me ask you a question... and you can be honest... What is your opinion of somebody flying a Confederate flag at home? If you read a couple pages back, you might've seen the article from Fox News out of LR talking about the mayor in Marshall (North Central Arkansas) having the Confederate flag flown outside city hall... I absolutely and 100% disagree with this move and the city council did the right thing by banning this. Only the American flag should ever be flown, with the exception of the Arkansas State flag. But you see Larry, where the Confederate flag became a problem was when these KSU punks pulled a vid from the 1965 Cotton Bowl and some Arkansas fans waived the Confederate flag on the field after they won. Now, we're racist because this was done over 45 years ago. What's your feeling on this, my African American friend?

I am definitely offended by the Confederate flag.  Fortunately, I hardly ever see it anymore down here.  Once in a while on the front license plate of a pickup truck.  To be honest, most Arkansas treat me like a human being.  I didn't mind getting a minority scholarship along with my academic scholarship to the U of A, but I'd like to think that most of my current accomplishments have been earned by me.  I was barely born in 1965 and my dad says things have gotten alot better, thank God. I am a season ticket holder and love to go to Hogs games!

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: January 02, 2012, 09:36:33 PM »

And some call you... freak & stud.  Just saying.  :fatty:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3495 on: January 02, 2012, 09:41:40 PM »

No one calls me that Lukedaddy

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: January 02, 2012, 09:43:45 PM »
I am definitely offended by the Confederate flag.  

Now is when We Are calls you ignorant.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: January 02, 2012, 09:44:08 PM »

No one calls me that Lukedaddy
Do you have some kind of relations with Luke's daddy?  And does Luke know about this.  :eek:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: January 02, 2012, 09:46:09 PM »

I am definitely offended by the Confederate flag.  Fortunately, I hardly ever see it anymore down here.  Once in a while on the front license plate of a pickup truck.  To be honest, most Arkansas treat me like a human being.  I didn't mind getting a minority scholarship along with my academic scholarship to the U of A, but I'd like to think that most of my current accomplishments have been earned by me.  I was barely born in 1965 and my dad says things have gotten alot better, thank God. I am a season ticket holder and love to go to Hogs games!
So were you a New Years Day baby or a New Years Eve baby?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: January 02, 2012, 09:53:52 PM »
Some people used to call me a pollock, but I'm not Polish.  What do you think they meant by that?  :confused: