Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 935732 times)

Offline poopsammich

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #3125 on: December 13, 2011, 09:39:25 PM »
poopsammich post

:facepalm: 
fail

Dudes shouldn't...stalk other dudes. It's creepy.   It's very unbecoming and down right faggish.  Are you hoping to get me in your basement and have your way?  Stop being a pedophile alexander.  It turns off the ladies.

Offline We Are Better Than You

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • KU > K-State
    • View Profile
Re: Stopping by
« Reply #3126 on: December 13, 2011, 10:04:35 PM »
under  :pray:

I'm afraid it's too late. :bang:

Also,  :facepalm: at them thinking the whole mistaking us for KU thing is clever and funny.

Yeah.  Imagine that.  Pretty rough ridin' stupid, unclever, and unfunny isn't it?....hrrr hr hrr, just like the UCA for UofA thing?  Hrr hrrr hrrr.  All retards think a-like.  Red assed hypocrits.

Everything, and I mean everything, is about color with you pigaggies.  I don't get it...

I think the color reference was more of an analogy than an actual representation... I know, I know, you don't understand... It'll be ok...  :grin:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 10:14:16 PM by We Are Better Than You »
EMAW mods fold like the K-State D-Line...welcome back, Jack!

Offline wichitahawg

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
  • 100% Razorback
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: December 14, 2011, 03:51:35 AM »
I don't know if anyone you saw this,

apparently, a less than mediocre football team isn't the only thing coming from Arkansas, they have shitty (white) rappers too! :surprised:

and some damn good rappers too

and from one of our former WR

WPS!!  Beat those pussycats.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 03:57:59 AM by wichitahawg »

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: December 14, 2011, 09:10:51 AM »
This "our crappy rappers are better than your crappy rappers" needs to stop!!!   :flush:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: December 14, 2011, 10:15:54 AM »
This "our crappy rappers are better than your crappy rappers" needs to stop!!!   :flush:

Dre Gilly :lol: :lol: :lol:
:adios:

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: December 14, 2011, 12:43:33 PM »
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline SRV

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Love it....
« Reply #3131 on: December 14, 2011, 01:23:32 PM »
There's no need for name-calling

I gave ya'll the benefit of the doubt.   I can only presume that this whole Arkansas is a bunch of inbred, ignorant, racist, homophobic, pig farmer ranting is an act. 

You are far smarter than that.  You know the truth, and are just poking fun....

Correct me if I'm wrong about what I think about KState fans :dunno:

Nope, your pretty much spot on there pigag - let me ask you a question, if a couple in Arkansas gets a divorce, are they still considered brother and sister?

You K-State folks have got the best [if bizarre] senses of humor on any board I've gone to while following my beloved pigags, as you put it.  Hell, this topic actually made our largest newspaper's sports page.   A pretty darn sophisticated bunch of plains folk you truly are.   I get a little embarassed when I see how easy it is for you to bait some of our fans, but you have to admit we have entertained you.  I guess besides not realizing sister-love is a bad thing, we don't recognize sarcasm or self- defecating, er , deprecating wit.  You are much more entertaining than any of the Alabama, LSU or Ohio State forums I visited prior to big games we would play.  Kudos to K-State  and it's fans, nasty as ya'll want to be!  That being said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

After Jan. 6th,  I can't wait to come up there for our next pheasant hunt and drink your whisky, take your women and make you like it while you squeal like that proverbial pigag.........................................

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: December 14, 2011, 01:31:13 PM »
Hell, this topic actually made our largest newspaper's sports page.

Link?

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: December 14, 2011, 01:36:26 PM »

I gave ya'll the benefit of the doubt.   I can only presume that this whole Arkansas is a bunch of inbred, ignorant, racist, homophobic, pig farmer ranting is an act. 

Nope, your pretty much spot on there pigag - let me ask you a question, if a couple in Arkansas gets a divorce, are they still considered brother and sister?

You K-State folks have got the best [if bizarre] senses of humor on any board I've gone to while following my beloved pigags, as you put it.  Hell, this topic actually made our largest newspaper's sports page.   A pretty darn sophisticated bunch of plains folk you truly are.   I get a little embarassed when I see how easy it is for you to bait some of our fans, but you have to admit we have entertained you.  I guess besides not realizing sister-love is a bad thing, we don't recognize sarcasm or self- defecating, er , deprecating wit.  You are much more entertaining than any of the Alabama, LSU or Ohio State forums I visited prior to big games we would play.  Kudos to K-State  and it's fans, nasty as ya'll want to be!  That being said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

After Jan. 6th,  I can't wait to come up there for our next pheasant hunt and drink your whisky, take your women and make you like it while you squeal like that proverbial pigag.........................................

:blush:  awwwe shucks

Offline SRV

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: December 14, 2011, 01:53:10 PM »

Link?

Didn't want to actually admit to a response like this.  Much to my chagrin, his article allows you guys to count enormous coup on us   :bait:.  In fairness, Wally Hall is probably the most hated journalist in Arkansas.   He is an idiot.  This was from his "Like it is" column titled , "Getting it first nice, getting it right better".  It ran in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette on December 11th.

Then there are message boards like the one from which a link was copied and e-mailed to this reporter last week.

It was a Kansas State message board where a guy started a thread by posing the question: Was K-State risking hurting its national reputation by playing an Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl.

He seemed to think the Razorbacks were an also-ran behind LSU and Alabama.

Which brought a few questions to mind:

Was that posted by an adult who actually graduated from high school?

Did that person ever watch anything besides K-State football and Gilligan’s Island reruns?

Did he know LSU and Alabama are Nos. 1 and 2 in the nation and will play each other in a rematch for the BCS national championship Jan. 9?

Does he realize his team is in a league named the Big 12, even though it has only 10 members, barely?

Does he know that two of his league’s schools jumped at the chance to be a part of the SEC, which obviously will crown its sixth consecutive national champion next month?

That guy is the type who gives message boards a bad name.

Social networking is the rage. Almost everyone does it, even some coaches, but to get on and publicly embarrass yourself and your family with stupidity ... wait, his name wasn’t required.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3135 on: December 14, 2011, 01:57:09 PM »

If you buy it, technically it's your whiskey.  Not sure if you have the same rules in Arky.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: December 14, 2011, 02:03:51 PM »

Link?

Didn't want to actually admit to a response like this.  Much to my chagrin, his article allows you guys to count enormous coup on us   :bait:.  In fairness, Wally Hall is probably the most hated journalist in Arkansas.   He is an idiot.  This was from his "Like it is" column titled , "Getting it first nice, getting it right better".  It ran in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette on December 11th.

Then there are message boards like the one from which a link was copied and e-mailed to this reporter last week.

It was a Kansas State message board where a guy started a thread by posing the question: Was K-State risking hurting its national reputation by playing an Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl.

Did that person ever watch anything besides K-State football and Gilligan’s Island reruns?

Did he know LSU and Alabama are Nos. 1 and 2 in the nation and will play each other in a rematch for the BCS national championship Jan. 9?

Does he realize his team is in a league named the Big 12, even though it has only 10 members, barely?

Does he know that two of his league’s schools jumped at the chance to be a part of the SEC, which obviously will crown its sixth consecutive national champion next month?

Social networking is the rage. Almost everyone does it, even some coaches, but to get on and publicly embarrass yourself and your family with stupidity ... wait, his name wasn’t required.

Thanks SRV, here's the link-->  http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2011/dec/11/getting-it-first-nice-getting-it-right-be-20111211/

Unfortunately you need to be a member to read it.  :(

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: December 14, 2011, 02:04:48 PM »

Link?

Didn't want to actually admit to a response like this.  Much to my chagrin, his article allows you guys to count enormous coup on us   :bait:.  In fairness, Wally Hall is probably the most hated journalist in Arkansas.   He is an idiot.  This was from his "Like it is" column titled , "Getting it first nice, getting it right better".  It ran in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette on December 11th.

:lol:

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2011/dec/11/getting-it-first-nice-getting-it-right-be-20111211/  :dubious:

You can get the whole article by clicking the "share" button and e-mailing it to yourself.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: December 14, 2011, 02:05:47 PM »
Special Note to Wally Hall:  please contact me if you'd like a free lesson on message boarding.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: December 14, 2011, 02:07:24 PM »
Share button?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: December 14, 2011, 02:11:46 PM »
Share button?

My bad.  Go here: http://www.arkansasonline.com/staff/wally-hall/ and you'll see his feature on you is first on the list.  There's a Share option between the story and the comments links.

Offline SRV

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: December 14, 2011, 02:13:03 PM »

Link?

Didn't want to actually admit to a response like this.  Much to my chagrin, his article allows you guys to count enormous coup on us   :bait:.  In fairness, Wally Hall is probably the most hated journalist in Arkansas.   He is an idiot.  This was from his "Like it is" column titled , "Getting it first nice, getting it right better".  It ran in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette on December 11th.

:lol:

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2011/dec/11/getting-it-first-nice-getting-it-right-be-20111211/  :dubious:

You can get the whole article by clicking the "share" button and e-mailing it to yourself.

Man,,,, you guys would make my decade if you'd blow up his email box!    I guarantee, he would give you a scathing review in one of his columns,,,,,,,,,,   K-State would officially become my second favorite college football team,,, win or lose.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: December 14, 2011, 02:19:13 PM »

Grats 'Clams

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: December 14, 2011, 02:21:50 PM »

If you buy it, technically it's your whiskey.  Not sure if you have the same rules in Arky.

I'm not sure anyone distills whiskey commercially in Kansas.  Most of ours it probably from Kentucky.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: December 14, 2011, 02:31:10 PM »
Getting it first nice; getting it right better
By Wally Hall

LITTLE ROCK -- LITTLE ROCK ? It spread with such wildfire that within a few hours it was being reported as a fact.

Not just that Randy Shannon, the former Miami head coach, was in Fayetteville to interview for the Arkansas Razorbacks defensive coordinator’s job, but he and Arkansas Coach Bobby Petrino were meeting with Athletic Director Jeff Long about a contract that would pay between $600,000 and $900,000 a year.

That’s the impact the Internet can have on the imagination.

The truth was, Shannon, a former Broyles Award winner, was not in Arkansas. He didn’t interview with Petrino and hadn’t spoken to him by phone, text message, Facebook or even Twitter.

That’s the way it is sometimes with social media. Not always, but sometimes.

In a way, coaches have created this message board phenomenon.

When messages boards started popping up, several head coaches saw them as a problem. Not only were things being posted that happened at practice, sometimes a picture or two appeared as well.

Sometimes an injured player was shown before his parents could be contacted.

Coaches did what they thought was the natural thing: They started limiting access to practice.

That led to wild rumors that sometimes have enough legs to walk.

Like the Randy Shannon thing. People want information, and when none was available - which in this case was understandable since the job had just opened - someone spouted an opinion as fact.

Granted, most message boards have dozens of moderators sitting there waiting to delete any guess that someone is stating as a fact.

Anonymous means courageous to some.

They like to use Internet handles, like bornloserwildcat, which may be where the problem started with coaches. There is no accountability.

It is also a problem with journalists. If we tracked down every Internet rumor, we’d be working 25-7. So when the Randy Shannon rumor mill went into overdrive, we didn’t report or post it.

We watched. We studied. We waited. And Tuesday night our man Tom Murphy got the straight news, that Shannon wasn’t in town. He hadn’t interviewed. He hadn’t been contacted.

By Wednesday, everyone who had started with Mike Stoops was absolutely the guy, then switched to it positively being Randy Shannon, had moved on to Tyrone Nix.

It was Paul Haynes the entire time.

Offline ArthurDent42

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: December 14, 2011, 02:32:20 PM »
Wally Hall is a dumbass and that is not an uncommon opinion.

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: December 14, 2011, 03:29:15 PM »

« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 03:53:24 PM by HELLHAMMER »
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: December 14, 2011, 03:34:38 PM »
I didn't think this thread could continue producing laughs. Thank you, Arkansas. 

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: December 14, 2011, 03:40:40 PM »

MARY, MARY WHY YOU BUGGIN'
Karilyn getting smacked around again? lol

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: December 14, 2011, 03:40:55 PM »

meh, he's old.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles