Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 936113 times)

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #1275 on: December 05, 2011, 07:43:12 PM »
:opcat::opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat:
head count of your ancestors in the klan????
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline theymightbegiants

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: December 05, 2011, 07:44:05 PM »
:opcat::opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat: :opcat:
The first two are him and his sister
"I feel safe in white because, deep down inside, I'm an angel"-Puff Daddy

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: December 05, 2011, 07:44:36 PM »
How much do you guys think we would beat LSU by? Yeah, i know, their defense is pretty good but there's no way they could completely shut down Collin Klein. We would at least get in the red zone a few times. Our defense vs their offense is a draw and we have a pretty good field goal kicker which i think would give us the edge. Wouldn't mind facing them at all but i think it would be a lower scoring (and less exciting game)

Two touchdowns.

There is no way possible this how you actually feel.  That must be some good rough ridin' acid.

We have QB who is better than Tim Tebow and the greatest coach in the history of organized sport in the United States...the last two India Cricket National team coaches are untouchable (no pun intended).

Offline TNrazorback

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: December 05, 2011, 07:45:31 PM »
BAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot stop laughing. Thank you so much KState fans for the wonderful laugh after a long day at the office.

So, to infuriate all you KSU fans, I did a little research covering some of the topics being debated in this post, both ridiculous and legitimate. Specifically, I will address the statements regarding how stupid and uneducated we are in Fayetteville and how poor we are. A few of my fellow Razorbacks have already eloquently addressed (with undeniable statistics) the ludicrous statements involving how much more prestigious and storied, as it were, you claim KSU is, so no need to go there again. But I'd like to just point out one statistic that I thought was particularly damning: KSU has LOST roughly the same number of games UA has WON in their respective histories. Wow, you guys really do have a prestigious program. Without LHC Bill Snyder, KSU football would still be the skidmark in NCAA football's underwear.

To start things off, let's compare the academic standard of both universities.

As a whole, US News & World Report ranked UA as the 123th best university in the United States. Forbes ranked us as the 111th. USN&WR has KSU ranked at 143 and Forbes has you ranked 153. Now, there's not a huge disparity there, but let's drill down and look at a specific example.

The Walton College of Business is ranked 24th best among public US universities and 42nd best among both private and public (USN&WR). I consulted several different source to try to find the ranking of KSU's business school...couldn't find much beyond what's on the business school's website, which cited a ranking by The Aspen Institute (WTF - who has ever heard of this?) of 76.
Graduate level (includes not only MBA, which UA is 25th in the nation, but all Master's programs)? UA: 51st, KSU: unranked (BAHAHA!)

In the interest of brevity, let's look at KSU's highest ranking program - you guys have the 3rd best Landscaping program in the country!! KSU: producing some of the best yardmen in the country!

Graduation rate- KSU: 26%, UA: 35%.
University endowment- KSU: ~$278m, UA: ~$670m
Acceptance rate- KSU: 99%, UA: 60%....looks like you guys admit just about anyone that can afford the application fee and can write his/her own name. Congrats.

Fayetteville vs. Manhattan
Per capita income- Manhattan: $16,556, Fayetteville: $18,311
Over 24% of your population in Manhattan lives below the poverty line. 19% in Fayetteville.
45% of adults over 25 have a university degree in Fayetteville. Rounding up, 29% of you have university degrees in Manhattan. Congrats.
Manhattan is home to such conglomerates as GTM Sportsware, ICE Corporation and Manko Windows. Wow.
Fayetteville metro area? Wal-Mart, Tyson Foods and JB Hunt Transport

There has been some commentary on methamphetamine usage in Arkansas, and I have no comeback to this. The numbers do confirm that the prevalence of meth is greater in Arkansas (no surprise). There were 121 meth labs seized in Kansas in 2009. There were ~430 in Arkansas in the same year. But hey, not as bad as our mutual neighbor, Missouri, where there were well over 1000 labs seized in 2009.

So, as the numbers show, we in Fayetteville are CLEARLY not as educated or economically advanced as you in Manhattan.

There it is...let's hear the rebuttals, consisting only of personal attacks (and dishonoring the memory and life of a 19 year old, who was a model student, athlete and person) rather than fact, from all you in KSU land.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: December 05, 2011, 07:45:47 PM »
I have to quote Bugs Bunny as it relates to Kansas State:

"Poor Little Maroons...so trusting, so naive".

Can't you all just bring your best game to DFW, and let the chips fall where they may?

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

I don't know if you know this Marilyn...but we(goEMAW) will not actually be playing in the Cotton Bowl. Just a heads up.

Well, since so many have seemed to be trying to represent the state, I just figured....
Regardless:  Can't both teams (is that better clarification, "stud"?) just bring their best game to the field, and let what happens happen?

I don't represent the U of A Razorbacks.  But, I'm Arkansas born and I take an enormous amount of umbrage with the amount of nastiness some of you all have posted.
Thanks to whoever pulled the "tribute" to Garrett.  It was totally uncalled for, vile, nasty and mean spirited!
Don't pick on a kid who passed away too soon... :curse:

Maybe he shouldn't have done so much meth then...

You, sir/madam are an ASS!  There is a special place in Hell for people who would make jokes, make light of, or otherwise disrespect a 19 y/o young man who died because of a heart condition.
  Smack talk about the Razorbacks, the program, the state, the fans, Walmart--anything but young Mr. Ueckman.  That kind of crap shows how classless and stupid you really are.  

Uh-oh, my theology is undoing itself as I type.  Please point me towards the verse(s) in the Bible that lay out this doctrine.  t.i.a.

lolz

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: December 05, 2011, 07:45:52 PM »
The first two are him and his sister
women in the Klan?
i have lived.
i have lived.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline SECFootballOwnsYou

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: December 05, 2011, 07:46:05 PM »
How much do you guys think we would beat LSU by? Yeah, i know, their defense is pretty good but there's no way they could completely shut down Collin Klein. We would at least get in the red zone a few times. Our defense vs their offense is a draw and we have a pretty good field goal kicker which i think would give us the edge. Wouldn't mind facing them at all but i think it would be a lower scoring (and less exciting game)

Who the hell is Collin Klein and why are you under the assumption that he has super powers

I found a picture of Collin Klein, but the upload folder for the thread is full.  This explains why the Kstate fans act like they do.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9vHC4WHfWxc/TDxjbei6TYI/AAAAAAAACE0/mrmAETUPRVY/s1600/fabulous-dude.jpg

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: December 05, 2011, 07:46:36 PM »
to answer the op's original question- probably not.  :dunno:

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: December 05, 2011, 07:46:43 PM »

Two touchdowns.

There is no way possible this how you actually feel.  That must be some good rough ridin' acid.

We have QB who is better than Tim Tebow and the greatest coach in the history of organized sport in the United States...the last two India Cricket National team coaches are untouchable (no pun intended).

LULZ

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: December 05, 2011, 07:47:42 PM »
BAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blah blah a bunch of stupid crap

Oh great Tennessee and Arkansas in the same person.  Cannot wait to read more of your posts.  

Offline Ham Malone

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: December 05, 2011, 07:47:44 PM »

I cannot stop laughing. Thank you so much KState fans for the wonderful laugh after a long day at the office.

So, to infuriate all you KSU fans, I did a little research covering some of the topics being debated in this post, both ridiculous and legitimate. Specifically, I will address the statements regarding how stupid and uneducated we are in Fayetteville and how poor we are. A few of my fellow Razorbacks have already eloquently addressed (with undeniable statistics) the ludicrous statements involving how much more prestigious and storied, as it were, you claim KSU is, so no need to go there again. But I'd like to just point out one statistic that I thought was particularly damning: KSU has LOST roughly the same number of games UA has WON in their respective histories. Wow, you guys really do have a prestigious program. Without LHC LHC Bill Snyder, KSU football would still be the skidmark in NCAA football's underwear.

To start things off, let's compare the academic standard of both universities.

As a whole, US News & World Report ranked UA as the 123th best university in the United States. Forbes ranked us as the 111th. USN&WR has KSU ranked at 143 and Forbes has you ranked 153. Now, there's not a huge disparity there, but let's drill down and look at a specific example.

The Walton College of Business is ranked 24th best among public US universities and 42nd best among both private and public (USN&WR). I consulted several different source to try to find the ranking of KSU's business school...couldn't find much beyond what's on the business school's website, which cited a ranking by The Aspen Institute (WTF - who has ever heard of this?) of 76.
Graduate level (includes not only MBA, which UA is 25th in the nation, but all Master's programs)? UA: 51st, KSU: unranked (BAHAHA!)

In the interest of brevity, let's look at KSU's highest ranking program - you guys have the 3rd best Landscaping program in the country!! KSU: producing some of the best yardmen in the country!

Graduation rate- KSU: 26%, UA: 35%.
University endowment- KSU: ~$278m, UA: ~$670m
Acceptance rate- KSU: 99%, UA: 60%....looks like you guys admit just about anyone that can afford the application fee and can write his/her own name. Congrats.

Fayetteville vs. Manhattan
Per capita income- Manhattan: $16,556, Fayetteville: $18,311
Over 24% of your population in Manhattan lives below the poverty line. 19% in Fayetteville.
45% of adults over 25 have a university degree in Fayetteville. Rounding up, 29% of you have university degrees in Manhattan. Congrats.
Manhattan is home to such conglomerates as GTM Sportsware, ICE Corporation and Manko Windows. Wow.
Fayetteville metro area? Wal-Mart, Tyson Foods and JB Hunt Transport

There has been some commentary on methamphetamine usage in Arkansas, and I have no comeback to this. The numbers do confirm that the prevalence of meth is greater in Arkansas (no surprise). There were 121 meth labs seized in Kansas in 2009. There were ~430 in Arkansas in the same year. But hey, not as bad as our mutual neighbor, Missouri, where there were well over 1000 labs seized in 2009.

So, as the numbers show, we in Fayetteville are CLEARLY not as educated or economically advanced as you in Manhattan.

There it is...let's hear the rebuttals, consisting only of personal attacks (and dishonoring the memory and life of a 19 year old, who was a model student, athlete and person) rather than fact, from all you in KSU land.
Wow I hope you did all of that at the office, so you were at least compensated for this complete waste of time. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: December 05, 2011, 07:47:52 PM »
Does anyone read any of these super long Walmart Aggie posts anymore?  :dunno:

I don't give a crap if I have to forfeit my moderator pay this month, but I'm just not going to read through these any more.  NOT WORTH IT.

Offline KSU-Krazie

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: December 05, 2011, 07:48:20 PM »

Two touchdowns.

I watched the "Game of the Century" It will only take a TD and field goal to clinch it. That being said, we win by two touchdowns after taking Collin Klein out after the 1st quarter so our second team gets some snaps.

Offline purpleangel

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: December 05, 2011, 07:49:28 PM »
I have this to say and it is very simple.  The only people we have lost to this year are number 1 and 2 in the nation.  The only reason we aren't in a BCS Bowl is because of the stupid rule about only 2 teams from a conference being in the BCS,  When we found out we were playing Kansas, we had to figure out what conference you were even in.  Over the last several years most of the national champions have come from our conference.  I don't know what will happen in the game in January, but I do know that playing in Cowboy Stadium for us is like home field advantage.  WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! RAZORBACKS - GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Offline hogdawg

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: December 05, 2011, 07:49:58 PM »
you guys have espn in kansas cause last time i checked we are in front of you guys in the BCS rankings. what bowl were we in last year? we got beat  in a  BCS bowl!(sugar bowl) where we played them close. Where exactly was the pinstripe bowl that your "great" team got beat in last year? if Collin Klein is better than tim tebow why dont they have him winning the heisman? you better hope your guys come out of the corn field and play good or we will kill them! even if they play good id say it will still be a good 30 point win for the hogs!!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: December 05, 2011, 07:51:54 PM »
I have this to say and it is very simple.  The only people we have lost to this year are number 1 and 2 in the nation.  The only reason we aren't in a BCS Bowl is because of the stupid rule about only 2 teams from a conference being in the BCS,  When we found out we were playing Kansas, we had to figure out what conference you were even in.  Over the last several years most of the national champions have come from our conference.  I don't know what will happen in the game in January, but I do know that playing in Cowboy Stadium for us is like home field advantage.  WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! RAZORBACKS - GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Solid parody.  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: December 05, 2011, 07:53:03 PM »
HAHAHA EuroCat!!  You're either a dreamer or a drinker. Thanks for the laugh.
Yeah you're probably right, it would probably take us at least 2 OT to pull it out. Our run game will take a while to wear them down but it's inevitable.

Offline IH8LSU

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: December 05, 2011, 07:53:28 PM »
KSU fans remind me of us when we were in the Southwest Conference.  We got to the Cotton Bowl, paired against UCLA.  Their fans just smiled when we predicted victory.    I was confident we would win until Troy Aikman and his team KICKED THE crap OUT OF US.  A good record in a decent conference doesn't go too far against a good team from a great conference.  None of your humourous boasting will affect the outcome of this game.  May the best team win.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: December 05, 2011, 07:54:05 PM »

Offline raizeRbakX

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: December 05, 2011, 07:57:23 PM »
I have to quote Bugs Bunny as it relates to Kansas State:

"Poor Little Maroons...so trusting, so naive".

Can't you all just bring your best game to DFW, and let the chips fall where they may?

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

I don't know if you know this Marilyn...but we(goEMAW) will not actually be playing in the Cotton Bowl. Just a heads up.

Well, since so many have seemed to be trying to represent the state, I just figured....
Regardless:  Can't both teams (is that better clarification, "stud"?) just bring their best game to the field, and let what happens happen?

I don't represent the U of A Razorbacks.  But, I'm Arkansas born and I take an enormous amount of umbrage with the amount of nastiness some of you all have posted.
Thanks to whoever pulled the "tribute" to Garrett.  It was totally uncalled for, vile, nasty and mean spirited!
Don't pick on a kid who passed away too soon... :curse:

Maybe he shouldn't have done so much meth then...

You, sir/madam are an ASS!  There is a special place in Hell for people who would make jokes, make light of, or otherwise disrespect a 19 y/o young man who died because of a heart condition.
  Smack talk about the Razorbacks, the program, the state, the fans, Walmart--anything but young Mr. Ueckman.  That kind of crap shows how classless and stupid you really are.  

Uh-oh, my theology is undoing itself as I type.  Please point me towards the verse(s) in the Bible that lay out this doctrine.  t.i.a.

You, sir, are a rough ridin' idiot.  Your mother should kill herself out of shame.

Offline TigerGal

• Obsessed with Homosexuality
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: December 05, 2011, 07:58:29 PM »
Kansas obviously have a larger population of crackbabies than average. Ark, LSU, & any other team in the SEC (or even the high schools here) could beat the snot out of y'all.

Offline da1nOnly

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: December 05, 2011, 08:01:39 PM »

Two touchdowns.

:sdeek:LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Offline HogFan82

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: December 05, 2011, 08:01:52 PM »
 :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

Offline GoHogsSEC

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: December 05, 2011, 08:04:10 PM »
S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C S-E-C

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: December 05, 2011, 08:04:50 PM »
 :lol: