Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 927694 times)

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #350 on: December 05, 2011, 11:29:04 AM »
And, whilst we're talking about Kansas sterling reputation, I'd like to throw out the following three word phrase of which every Kansan should be familiar.

"Separate but equal."  Brown v. Board of Education.

Congrats guys.  Next time pick a different "high ground" to place your moral artillery, not that any high ground can be found in Kansas, anyway.

poor constitutional law IQ.

What do you expect?

You're right. Not all of us can go to THE Kansas State University. I think we need to keep that in mind when dealing with these people. Do we have any books left over from when we did the renovations to McHale that we may be able to donate to our friends down south?

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 05, 2011, 11:30:31 AM »
The usernames of some of these posters are outstanding. I mean, my mind is blown.

Come on to Twitter and we will annihilate you. @hogtrough

speaking of twitter...

@SportsTalkwBo: And you thought Ark fans were delusional. Try K-State: http://t.co/4tK5Y4zS

Is that supposed to help your argument by quoting a statement that calls KSU fans more delusional than our own fan base?

...Yeah, I'm not sure you get what's going on here.

I'm not sure you get the bigger picture of whats going on here.....everyone is laughing at you.

Guys, WUT IF HE IS RIGHT?

Offline Hogs2011

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 05, 2011, 11:30:56 AM »
First I want to thank you for some great humor this morning!  You do realize that you are fans of Kansas State right?  Arkansas is ranked higher in the BCS than 5 of the teams playing in BCS bowls!  We have two losses to the number one and number two teams in the country.  We are not only in the toughest conference in the country we are in the by far the toughest division of that conference!  Your conference was hanging by a thread just 3 months ago!  And by the way if the big 12 had dissolved no one wanted you!  Now I do agree that you got hosed by the Sugar bowl by them taking Va Tech over you.  Go Hogs!  I would recommend you start propping us up so when we spank you it wont hurt so bad!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 05, 2011, 11:31:16 AM »
And, whilst we're talking about Kansas sterling reputation, I'd like to throw out the following three word phrase of which every Kansan should be familiar.

Congrats guys.  Next time pick a different "high ground" to place your moral artillery, not that any high ground can be found in Kansas, anyway.

What do you expect?

You're right. Not all of us can go to THE Kansas State University. I think we need to keep that in mind when dealing with these people. Do we have any books left over from when we did the renovations to McHale that we may be able to donate to our friends down south?

I am not sure they have any use for written books.  Maybe on tape?  Maybe we could get Stonestreet to read a few onto 8-Tracks for them?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 05, 2011, 11:31:24 AM »
Arkansas has 13 conference championships, 45 All-Americans, and a record of 676–451–40.  Kansas State has 5 conference titles, 11 All-Americans, and a record of 466–610–41.  The Razorbacks are 23rd on college football's all-time winningest programs list.  Arkansas has two home stadiums, and its smaller home stadium is larger than KSU’s rather average home stadium.  Kansas State has been to 14 bowl games, and Arkansas has been to 38.  Look at these numbers, and tell me Arkansas is worse.*
Kansas State has lost 144 more games than it has won!  Face the facts, you dipshits.
Can you explain to me how it is possible that so many Kansas State fans on this thread are rough ridin' idiots?   It seems like the least bit of success leads KSU fans to have an over-exaggerated sense of their program’s greatness.  Hell, I know Arkansas isn’t that great-I figured they would lose, going into the LSU game.  You have Snyder back; seriously, I recognize he’s good, and you will be very good again.  But you are an ignorant prick if you do not realize that, statistically, Arkansas is a much better program historically.  Finally, Arkansas joined the SEC because the old SWC was falling apart, and they wanted to be in a conference that actually wins national titles.  Plus, losing to Texas all the time sucks, and it got old.

*this doesn’t include 2011 statistics.

Also, isn’t Kansas home to Westboro Baptist Church?  You hypocrites act like Kansas is such a damn perfect place.  I know Arkansas isn’t perfect, but this is just a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black.

I dare any of you to come up with legitimate statistics proving that Kansas State is a better program.  Note I said program, not team.  I don’t know who’s better this year; that’s why they're going to play in Arlington.  But there isn’t really any denying that Arkansas is the better program throughout history, barring some history that I overlooked.

Kansas State would have about 100 more wins if we got to pad our win total by being in a conference with Texas for most of our program's existence like Arkansas was allowed to.

Offline Arkansas#1

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 05, 2011, 11:31:39 AM »
I do not know if you are all being serious, but i sure hope so. You do not even have a rep, and playing Arkansas is probably the best thing that has happened to your team all season. Make all the jokes you want, but we are going to beat you by at least 30. Its going to be embarrasing and i will probably leave by the end of the first half. I am all for having pride in your team, but you people are rough ridin' stupid if you think what you are saying is real. You're number 8 in the polls and got left out of the BCS. For a VTech team that just got stompted by clemson. A team which lost to South Carolina which we beat by 20. Get ready to get that ass beat... on and off the field.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 05, 2011, 11:32:00 AM »
Arkansas has 13 conference championships, 45 All-Americans, and a record of 676–451–40.  Kansas State has 5 conference titles, 11 All-Americans, and a record of 466–610–41.  The Razorbacks are 23rd on college football's all-time winningest programs list.  Arkansas has two home stadiums, and its smaller home stadium is larger than KSU’s rather average home stadium.  Kansas State has been to 14 bowl games, and Arkansas has been to 38.  Look at these numbers, and tell me Arkansas is worse.*
Kansas State has lost 144 more games than it has won!  Face the facts, you dipshits.
Can you explain to me how it is possible that so many Kansas State fans on this thread are rough ridin' idiots?   It seems like the least bit of success leads KSU fans to have an over-exaggerated sense of their program’s greatness.  Hell, I know Arkansas isn’t that great-I figured they would lose, going into the LSU game.  You have Snyder back; seriously, I recognize he’s good, and you will be very good again.  But you are an ignorant prick if you do not realize that, statistically, Arkansas is a much better program historically.  Finally, Arkansas joined the SEC because the old SWC was falling apart, and they wanted to be in a conference that actually wins national titles.  Plus, losing to Texas all the time sucks, and it got old.

Also, isn’t Kansas home to Westboro Baptist Church?  You hypocrites act like Kansas is such a damn perfect place.  I know Arkansas isn’t perfect, but this is just a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black.

I dare any of you to come up with legitimate statistics proving that Kansas State is a better program.  Note I said program, not team.  I don’t know who’s better this year; that’s why they're going to play in Arlington.  But there isn’t really any denying that Arkansas is the better program throughout history, barring some history that I overlooked.

yeah, so what?

Offline panamawilliams91

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 05, 2011, 11:34:58 AM »
WTF is a Razorback...is that some kind of fish?

I hope that's a rhetorical question.  If not, I shall explain.
It's a wild feral pig.  They cause an estimated $800 million a year in property damage.

And KSU is the Wildcats?  Amazingly original, especially since that's an animal that isn't exactly large in numbers in America anymore.  Way to choose an animal that's gradually becoming endangered.

Offline Bring_tha_hammer89

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 05, 2011, 11:35:35 AM »
104th ranked passing defense.... Should be enough said right there. But it's not. Our defensive ends may very well end your quarterbacks life(watch highlights of Conner shaw and AJ McArron). Just so you know I have all of my teeth, I don't date my cousin or sister. Black people do have rights here and jobs. Our colors are cardinal red and white. Our quarterback has a 5o'clock shadow and wears it well. Just get ready for a whoopin.

Offline hogtrough

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 05, 2011, 11:36:15 AM »

yeah, so what?

This same forum called Garrett Uekman out and decided to create jokes of him. Bunch of idiots. http://t.co/bE11oZXx

Offline theymightbegiants

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: December 05, 2011, 11:36:50 AM »

yeah, so what?

K-State is NAOT
"I feel safe in white because, deep down inside, I'm an angel"-Puff Daddy

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 05, 2011, 11:37:01 AM »
I do not know if you are all being serious, but i sure hope so. You do not even have a rep, and playing Arkansas is probably the best thing that has happened to your team all season. Make all the jokes you want, but we are going to beat you by at least 30. Its going to be embarrasing and i will probably leave by the end of the first half. I am all for having pride in your team, but you people are rough ridin' stupid if you think what you are saying is real. You're number 8 in the polls and got left out of the BCS. For a VTech team that just got stompted by clemson. A team which lost to South Carolina which we beat by 20. Get ready to get that ass beat... on and off the field.

You must be a closeted Kansas or Nebraska fan, then.

Offline panamawilliams91

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 05, 2011, 11:37:13 AM »

yeah, so what?

My point was that, if anything, nobody's image is hurt.  Not KSU's, not Arkansas'.  Do you not agree?

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 05, 2011, 11:37:18 AM »

wati, are you seriously threatening to ass rape ksu fans at the game?

Offline jennle30

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 05, 2011, 11:37:54 AM »
First of all, I am a Arkansas Razorback fan all the way! Let me just say this... Have you ever heard of the SEC???? Let me say it is the best and most talked about conference in college football. If you think playing us will hurt your chances, think again.... Look at the polls from start to finish this year and it clearly shows that the SEC dominates!!! And just for your information as well, the fact that you are playing us in the cotton bowl will actually give you some attention.... Kansas who????? But everyone knows who the Razorbacks are!!! WPS!!!!! :)

get back in the god damn kitchen jennle, men gotta eat
So to the "nice"entleman who cursed for me to get in the kitchen because men need to eat, get over yourself with your 15th century attitude! I run 2 companies, have 2 college age children, and donate my time to help others! If you need to eat then maybe you should have learned something growing up instead of foul words! I stick to my original statement... Kansas who???? WPS!!!!

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 05, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »
 :alleyoop:

Offline SnillByder

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 05, 2011, 11:38:09 AM »

We have no rep? We have Herbstreit's FAVORITE player in college football. What have you guys done this year?

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 05, 2011, 11:38:32 AM »

What do you expect?

I am not sure they have any use for written books.  Maybe on tape?  Maybe we could get Stonestreet to read a few onto 8-Tracks for them?

I'm sure Eric would be all for helping out his fellow man. He's currently involved in several philanthropic endeavors, so I'm sure he would be willing to add one more to his growing list. Stonestreet is a class act.

Arkansas fans: who handles receiving your educational aid packages?

Offline MarilynKay

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 05, 2011, 11:38:59 AM »

yeah, so what?

Well, aren't you the smart and witty guy?   :excited:

LoL    I swear!  Get over yourself.  Your program GETS to play in a bowl game.  A lot of programs don't get that privilege.  
Honestly, I don't give a rat's ass who we play.  It's a bowl game--it provides both teams national exposure, win or lose.  Why oh why would anyone bitch whine and moan about their reputation being "sullied" by playing in a bowl game against a top 10 ranked team????  I don't get it, I just don't get it!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 05, 2011, 11:39:27 AM »
First of all, I am a Arkansas Razorback fan all the way! Let me just say this... Have you ever heard of the SEC???? Let me say it is the best and most talked about conference in college football. If you think playing us will hurt your chances, think again.... Look at the polls from start to finish this year and it clearly shows that the SEC dominates!!! And just for your information as well, the fact that you are playing us in the cotton bowl will actually give you some attention.... Kansas who????? But everyone knows who the Razorbacks are!!! WPS!!!!! :)

So to the "nice"entleman who cursed for me to get in the kitchen because men need to eat, get over yourself with your 15th century attitude! I run 2 companies, have 2 college age children, and donate my time to help others! If you need to eat then maybe you should have learned something growing up instead of foul words! I stick to my original statement... Kansas who???? WPS!!!!

could you suggest a good concrete company for me?? tia
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 05, 2011, 11:40:32 AM »

Offline jbkx

• Fan
  • Osculum Infame ... Neat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 05, 2011, 11:40:48 AM »

BMW is that you spouting history??

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 05, 2011, 11:41:46 AM »

if you were my wife i would have made you go pick out a switch by now. women that own their own business are the reason this country is falling apart. but im sure you walk all over your husband, so 'grats on that
 :kstategrad:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 05, 2011, 11:43:08 AM »
It probably doesn't hurt our brand. Arkansas isn't horrible, just very average. It will be similar to playing a team like Virginia or Louisville, which can't be confused with a premier matchup with a blueblood like Michigan, but isn't damaging.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 05, 2011, 11:43:35 AM »