Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 927695 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #325 on: December 05, 2011, 11:04:50 AM »
I would like to refer all arguments to the following references: A: BCS poll, B: Coaches Poll, C: AP Poll, D: USA Today Poll, E: ESPN poll, F: Harris Poll, and G: any and all other current NCAA college football polls. Thank you GO HOGS  

those polls are prejudice against teams from the midwest and you know it.  we all know it.  that's why everyone makes fun of the pollsters.

regardless, there's a reason why arkansas pig aggy is looked down upon by the american public and  that's because your team commands no respect unlike Kansas State, a.k.a. America's team.

:curse: :curse:
Just wondering what you guys think about playing Arkansas.  I don't know anything about them but I think they're considered "small time" as it relates to the college football world.  

I am worried that people will associate them when they think about KSU football and I'd hate to hurt our national brand/image.  We have the second most recognizable program behind Notre Dame and I don't want to tarnish it.  
:curse: :jerk: :curse:you people are idiots, we are ranked way ahead of you in standings, we should be playing a better school than you, you guys will always be sucking hind tit to the razorbacks!!!

i realize you are ahead of us in the BCS standings.  the same standings that the entire nation is laughing about.  props on that i guess.  the national media loves k-state and we are America's team.  i'm sorry that you hate America.

I'm pretty sure Boise State is more America's Team than some Big 12, er Big 10 also-ran. JMHO.

sorry buddy but Boise State might be Idaho's team but they aren't taking the title of  America's team away from us.  remember, these colors don't bleed.

I guess being a self-proclaimed America's Team is better than not being one at all.

i would expect a fan of a school such as arkansas would appreciate and honor America's team but it seems as though your fanbase rejects the thought.  oh well, i guess if you want to alienate yourself and not show honor and respect  for America's team then i guess that's your prerogative.

I've just never heard Kansas state referred to as America's Team until today I guess. I didn't even know the Mildcats were 10-2 until last night, I just assumed we were getting Oklahoma in Dallas.

that's ok.  i didn't pay attention to arkansas this year either.  looks like you guys had a serviceable season and are being rewarded with a chance to play  K-State America's team.

Gee whiz, aren't we lucky?

What better matchup could have hoped for? Given you couldn't go to the BCS?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 05, 2011, 11:05:15 AM »
Nuts Kicked, SkinnyBenny, The Whale, WillieWatanabe, Johnny Wichita, EllToPay, pissclams, EMAW SP8, HawgustusCaesar, Brocktune, hogtrough, Razorbackfan1, Denver, hogfan1987, SwineFlew, pokémawn, jennle30, Pittcat, ksucrcoop, areksuwildcat, Levi, secfan69, WPS, TheCatFanSpeaks, john "teach me how to" dougie, Prince McJunkins, theymightbegiants and 850 Guests are viewing this topic.

:sdeek:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline jennle30

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 05, 2011, 11:06:12 AM »
First of all, I am a Arkansas Razorback fan all the way! Let me just say this... Have you ever heard of the SEC???? Let me say it is the best and most talked about conference in college football. If you think playing us will hurt your chances, think again.... Look at the polls from start to finish this year and it clearly shows that the SEC dominates!!! And just for your information as well, the fact that you are playing us in the cotton bowl will actually give you some attention.... Kansas who????? But everyone knows who the Razorbacks are!!! WPS!!!!! :)

Offline HawgustusCaesar

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 05, 2011, 11:08:27 AM »
And, whilst we're talking about Kansas sterling reputation, I'd like to throw out the following three word phrase of which every Kansan should be familiar.

"Separate but equal."  Brown v. Board of Education.

Congrats guys.  Next time pick a different "high ground" to place your moral artillery, not that any high ground can be found in Kansas, anyway.

Offline SwineFlew

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 05, 2011, 11:08:56 AM »
I look forward to meeting a few of these Jayhawk fans in Dallas

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: December 05, 2011, 11:09:28 AM »
First of all, I am a Arkansas Razorback fan all the way! Let me just say this... Have you ever heard of the SEC???? Let me say it is the best and most talked about conference in college football. If you think playing us will hurt your chances, think again.... Look at the polls from start to finish this year and it clearly shows that the SEC dominates!!! And just for your information as well, the fact that you are playing us in the cotton bowl will actually give you some attention.... Kansas who????? But everyone knows who the Razorbacks are!!! WPS!!!!! :)

get back in the god damn kitchen jennle, men gotta eat

Offline hogtrough

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 05, 2011, 11:10:16 AM »
hahahaahaha you guys seriously think that K-State has a title shot next year? NOT EVEN!

Arkansas has a better title shot then you guys. wait till Knile Davis gets healthy. there are no words to describe how good Arkansas will be next year

i think arkansas will be very good next year based upon my analysis.  this year is a building year for you and it is for us as well.  both teams will be ranked very highly next season and this year could just be a warm up for our teams meeting in the NC game next season.

Your analysis is very horrible as Arkansas loses 8 starters on defense.

Offline ksucrcoop

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 05, 2011, 11:10:27 AM »
And, whilst we're talking about Kansas sterling reputation, I'd like to throw out the following three word phrase of which every Kansan should be familiar.

Congrats guys.  Next time pick a different "high ground" to place your moral artillery, not that any high ground can be found in Kansas, anyway.

wow, 2nd day and we've already gotten to geological smack...

I think we all need to slow down and start some separate but equal threads addressing these topics.

Offline secfan69

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 05, 2011, 11:11:08 AM »
I would like to refer all arguments to the following references: A: BCS poll, B: Coaches Poll, C: AP Poll, D: USA Today Poll, E: ESPN poll, F: Harris Poll, and G: any and all other current NCAA college football polls. Thank you GO HOGS   

those polls are prejudice against teams from the midwest and you know it.  we all know it.  that's why everyone makes fun of the pollsters.

regardless, there's a reason why arkansas pig aggy is looked down upon by the american public and  that's because your team commands no respect unlike Kansas State, a.k.a. America's team.

Just wondering what you guys think about playing Arkansas.  I don't know anything about them but I think they're considered "small time" as it relates to the college football world. 

I am worried that people will associate them when they think about KSU football and I'd hate to hurt our national brand/image.  We have the second most recognizable program behind Notre Dame and I don't want to tarnish it. 
:curse: :jerk: :curse:you people are idiots, we are ranked way ahead of you in standings, we should be playing a better school than you, you guys will always be sucking hind tit to the razorbacks!!!

i realize you are ahead of us in the BCS standings.  the same standings that the entire nation is laughing about.  props on that i guess.  the national media loves k-state and we are America's team.  i'm sorry that you hate America.

I'm pretty sure Boise State is more America's Team than some Big 12, er Big 10 also-ran. JMHO.

sorry buddy but Boise State might be Idaho's team but they aren't taking the title of  America's team away from us.  remember, these colors don't bleed.

Aww, nice excuse. Now explain Kansas being ranked in top of nation every year in basketball........GO

Explanation: Kansas is good at Basketball. What bearing does that have on Arkansas being a more highly ranked and a overall better football team than K-State? 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:13:59 AM by secfan69 »

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 05, 2011, 11:12:44 AM »
The usernames of some of these posters are outstanding. I mean, my mind is blown.

Come on to Twitter and we will annihilate you. @hogtrough

speaking of twitter...

@SportsTalkwBo: And you thought Ark fans were delusional. Try K-State: http://t.co/4tK5Y4zS

Offline hogtrough

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 05, 2011, 11:14:06 AM »
The usernames of some of these posters are outstanding. I mean, my mind is blown.

speaking of twitter...

@SportsTalkwBo: And you thought Ark fans were delusional. Try K-State: http://t.co/4tK5Y4zS

Is that supposed to help your argument by quoting a statement that calls KSU fans more delusional than our own fan base?

Offline sgarrett

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 05, 2011, 11:15:02 AM »
What happened the last time Arkansas played a top 10 team? 
If you played in a worthy conference like the SEC you would be lucky if you went to a bowl game.. K-State is very over rated and will be exposed by Arkansas. By the way  the two teams Arkansas lost to are playing for the NC.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 05, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »

those polls are prejudice against teams from the midwest and you know it.  we all know it.  that's why everyone makes fun of the pollsters.

regardless, there's a reason why arkansas pig aggy is looked down upon by the american public and  that's because your team commands no respect unlike Kansas State, a.k.a. America's team.

Just wondering what you guys think about playing Arkansas.  I don't know anything about them but I think they're considered "small time" as it relates to the college football world. 

I am worried that people will associate them when they think about KSU football and I'd hate to hurt our national brand/image.  We have the second most recognizable program behind Notre Dame and I don't want to tarnish it. 

i realize you are ahead of us in the BCS standings.  the same standings that the entire nation is laughing about.  props on that i guess.  the national media loves k-state and we are America's team.  i'm sorry that you hate America.

sorry buddy but Boise State might be Idaho's team but they aren't taking the title of  America's team away from us.  remember, these colors don't bleed.

Aww, nice excuse. Now explain Kansas being ranked in top of nation every year in basketball........GO

Explanation: Kansas is good at Basketball. What bearing does that have on Arkansas being a more highly ranked and a overall better football team than K-State? 

wait. are you arguing with yourselves, now?

Offline WPS

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 05, 2011, 11:15:37 AM »

wow, 2nd day and we've already gotten to geological smack...

I think we all need to slow down and start some separate but equal threads addressing these topics.
fossil fuel smack is awesome

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 05, 2011, 11:16:59 AM »
If you played in a worthy conference like the SEC you would be lucky if you went to a bowl game.. K-State is very over rated and will be exposed by Arkansas. By the way  the two teams Arkansas lost to are playing for the NC.

The third team you lose to will finish the season in the top 5. Good season, and congrats!

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 05, 2011, 11:18:02 AM »

love love love that your best two games are losses, im so jelly of all this "we lost to the best teams in our conference" like its a good talking point

you will always be small timey with that bullshit

Offline MarilynKay

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 05, 2011, 11:19:05 AM »
OMG!  Hurt your reputation??
You're playing an SEC team--you have heard of the SEC??  I mean really!

How in the world would playing a top 10 ranked team hurt your "reputation".  You should be damned happy to be playing in any bowl game.

All you guys can do is throw out insults and derogatory comments.  I have found that usually when people resort to insults and nastiness, it is because they are scared or ignorant or just plain mean.  And being an @$$hat is that person's defense mechanism--simply because they can't argue their point rationally and reasonably.

University of Arkansas is a nationally recognized "brand".  Good Grief--people where I live know the "Razorback" brand.  Could be because I fly my Razorback flag and colors with pride--could be because it's Bobby Petrino's hometown!   :horrorsurprise: :grin:

So, ya' know what?  Bring it :comehere: :comehere:   Let's play some football, and see who's the better team (and who's more nationally recognized!  LoL)

Get over yourself Kansas--being nasty and negative just makes you look bad.  

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 05, 2011, 11:21:08 AM »

speaking of twitter...

Is that supposed to help your argument by quoting a statement that calls KSU fans more delusional than our own fan base?

...Yeah, I'm not sure you get what's going on here.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 05, 2011, 11:21:35 AM »
How does a team feel good about validating themselves by stating who they lost too? Doesn't that get old? I mean, we aren't very good, but hey!!!! we lost to some good teams!!!!!!

Remember McFaddens "little engine that could" Heisman campaign? Our team isn't very good, but it should be about the best player right? look at my pimped out Ark ride?

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 05, 2011, 11:22:24 AM »

poor constitutional law IQ.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: December 05, 2011, 11:24:04 AM »

poor constitutional law IQ.

What do you expect?

Offline theymightbegiants

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 05, 2011, 11:26:38 AM »
Serious question... After reading these posts from the Arkansas fans who managed to discover the internet, I am very scared about Bill's hall of fame induction being more about his fight for freedom and the United States of America and less about K-State "America's team". Seriously what is their stance on the immigration reform, we all know Alabama is leading the way when it comes to media attention, but I am concerned for that Garcia kid from South Carolina. Last sighting was somewhere in the Arkansas area and while they are willing to fight and die for free (forced) labor and the (whatever the opposite of human rights is), no one can be sure what they are doing with our ethnically diverse friends. They are a little hush hush and I for one hope Bill does not let their blatant disregard for human rights overwhelm the fact we are destroying them in a football game.  :ohno:
"I feel safe in white because, deep down inside, I'm an angel"-Puff Daddy

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 05, 2011, 11:26:50 AM »
WTF is a Razorback...is that some kind of fish?

Offline hogtrough

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 05, 2011, 11:27:36 AM »

speaking of twitter...

...Yeah, I'm not sure you get what's going on here.

I'm not sure you get the bigger picture of whats going on here.....everyone is laughing at you.

Offline panamawilliams91

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 05, 2011, 11:28:41 AM »
Arkansas has 13 conference championships, 45 All-Americans, and a record of 676–451–40.  Kansas State has 5 conference titles, 11 All-Americans, and a record of 466–610–41.  The Razorbacks are 23rd on college football's all-time winningest programs list.  Arkansas has two home stadiums, and its smaller home stadium is larger than KSU’s rather average home stadium.  Kansas State has been to 14 bowl games, and Arkansas has been to 38.  Look at these numbers, and tell me Arkansas is worse.*
Kansas State has lost 144 more games than it has won!  Face the facts, you dipshits.
Can you explain to me how it is possible that so many Kansas State fans on this thread are rough ridin' idiots?   It seems like the least bit of success leads KSU fans to have an over-exaggerated sense of their program’s greatness.  Hell, I know Arkansas isn’t that great-I figured they would lose, going into the LSU game.  You have Snyder back; seriously, I recognize he’s good, and you will be very good again.  But you are an ignorant prick if you do not realize that, statistically, Arkansas is a much better program historically.  Finally, Arkansas joined the SEC because the old SWC was falling apart, and they wanted to be in a conference that actually wins national titles.  Plus, losing to Texas all the time sucks, and it got old.

*this doesn’t include 2011 statistics.

Also, isn’t Kansas home to Westboro Baptist Church?  You hypocrites act like Kansas is such a damn perfect place.  I know Arkansas isn’t perfect, but this is just a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black.

I dare any of you to come up with legitimate statistics proving that Kansas State is a better program.  Note I said program, not team.  I don’t know who’s better this year; that’s why they're going to play in Arlington.  But there isn’t really any denying that Arkansas is the better program throughout history, barring some history that I overlooked.