Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 927743 times)

Offline hogtrough

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #300 on: December 05, 2011, 10:51:03 AM »
633 Guests are viewing this topic.

:eek:

Ignorance is bliss and Arkansas nation is laughing at your "Hurting of image" question.

Offline PoorMansRobbyHampton

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 05, 2011, 10:51:16 AM »
I didn't realize any football team in Kansas had a national brand image.  Chicat your a complet moron, AR left the SWC, causing it to fold.  The rest of the teams had to scramble to find a home and most of them ended up in the Big 8, 10, 12, 10 or however many are left.  Two more teams are leaving this year for the superior conference. Another fine point to mention to you pussycats is that the only two losses this year for AR were LSU and Alabama, number 1 and number 2.   One more thing is that the Cotton Bowl loves to have AR, because the fan base will pump lots o cash into DFW that weekend.  How many running backs does k state have playing in the NFL at the moment.  Oh yeah, another of your moron fans posted a picture of UCA's field, which by the way would beat k state this year also.   Just like the rest of kansas you people on this forum do nothing but blow.  I'm sorry the k state fans have to let their no class asses shine, because of insecurity and jealousy.  See you guys in Arlington at Jerry World where Hogs are undefeated.  WPS!!!!!!!!!

We have 5 RBs in the NFL, you have 3.
http://www.kstatesports.com/feature/football-nextlevel.html

Our NFL players are so much better than yours, its funny you would even bring it up...It is actually comical how bad you guys are at putting players into the NFL... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ark Best NFL Players:
Darren Mcfadden - injury prone and being outperformed by a guy from Loserville
Felix Jones - injury prone & not starting
Ryan Mallet - that tall guy on the sidelines
...and a bunch of lineman no one has heard of

K-State:
Josh Freeman - best young QB in the league
Jordy Nelson - did you watch the super bowl?
Darren Sproles - "best off-season acquisition in years"
Terrance Newman - multiple pro bowls
Brandon Banks - 2nd in NFL return yardage
... and many others

Freeman's really been lighting the league up this year. Does he have more touchdowns than interceptions yet?

And yet he's still a mile better than your best player.

Based on what? Darren Mcfadden is a Pro-Bowl caliber running back when he's healthy, Freeman is a turnover machine. I'm not sure how you arrived at that conclusion.

Offline SnillByder

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 05, 2011, 10:51:38 AM »
I didn't realize any football team in Kansas had a national brand image.  Chicat your a complet moron, AR left the SWC, causing it to fold.  The rest of the teams had to scramble to find a home and most of them ended up in the Big 8, 10, 12, 10 or however many are left.  Two more teams are leaving this year for the superior conference. Another fine point to mention to you pussycats is that the only two losses this year for AR were LSU and Alabama, number 1 and number 2.   One more thing is that the Cotton Bowl loves to have AR, because the fan base will pump lots o cash into DFW that weekend.  How many running backs does k state have playing in the NFL at the moment.  Oh yeah, another of your moron fans posted a picture of UCA's field, which by the way would beat k state this year also.   Just like the rest of kansas you people on this forum do nothing but blow.  I'm sorry the k state fans have to let their no class asses shine, because of insecurity and jealousy.  See you guys in Arlington at Jerry World where Hogs are undefeated.  WPS!!!!!!!!!

We have 5 RBs in the NFL, you have 3.
http://www.kstatesports.com/feature/football-nextlevel.html

Our NFL players are so much better than yours, its funny you would even bring it up...It is actually comical how bad you guys are at putting players into the NFL... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ark Best NFL Players:
Darren Mcfadden - injury prone and being outperformed by a guy from Loserville
Felix Jones - injury prone & not starting
Ryan Mallet - that tall guy on the sidelines
...and a bunch of lineman no one has heard of

K-State:
Josh Freeman - best young QB in the league
Jordy Nelson - did you watch the super bowl?
Darren Sproles - "best off-season acquisition in years"
Terrance Newman - multiple pro bowls
Brandon Banks - 2nd in NFL return yardage
... and many others

Freeman's really been lighting the league up this year. Does he have more touchdowns than interceptions yet?

And yet he's still a mile better than your best player.

Great statistical analysis. I didn't realize we measured players in miles. Must be a new concept in the plains.

Personally, I'd prefer the metric system.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 05, 2011, 10:53:28 AM »
I would like to refer all arguments to the following references: A: BCS poll, B: Coaches Poll, C: AP Poll, D: USA Today Poll, E: ESPN poll, F: Harris Poll, and G: any and all other current NCAA college football polls. Thank you GO HOGS  

those polls are prejudice against teams from the midwest and you know it.  we all know it.  that's why everyone makes fun of the pollsters.

regardless, there's a reason why arkansas pig aggy is looked down upon by the american public and  that's because your team commands no respect unlike Kansas State, a.k.a. America's team.

:curse: :curse:
Just wondering what you guys think about playing Arkansas.  I don't know anything about them but I think they're considered "small time" as it relates to the college football world.  

I am worried that people will associate them when they think about KSU football and I'd hate to hurt our national brand/image.  We have the second most recognizable program behind Notre Dame and I don't want to tarnish it.  
:curse: :jerk: :curse:you people are idiots, we are ranked way ahead of you in standings, we should be playing a better school than you, you guys will always be sucking hind tit to the razorbacks!!!

i realize you are ahead of us in the BCS standings.  the same standings that the entire nation is laughing about.  props on that i guess.  the national media loves k-state and we are America's team.  i'm sorry that you hate America.

I'm pretty sure Boise State is more America's Team than some Big 12, er Big 10 also-ran. JMHO.

sorry buddy but Boise State might be Idaho's team but they aren't taking the title of  America's team away from us.  remember, these colors don't bleed.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 05, 2011, 10:53:52 AM »
Let's throw out a hypothetical that K-State only wins by 7-10 points. Will we actually drop in the BCS rankings? What margin do we need to maintain #8, or even jump higher?

I know it's not necessarily Bill's M.O., but we might need to actually run up the score this time. Sad that it has to come to this.

Offline HawgustusCaesar

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 05, 2011, 10:54:47 AM »
Funny that Kansas folk talk about racism.  John Brown would like a word.

As for the football game.  This game is a better football matchup than all but 2 of the other bowls.  

As far as your reputation as a football program...  (I mean, seriously, this is your shithole of a stadium.  At least ours has plumbing.)

Whoah, it seats 50K?  Wow!  

Offline WPS

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 05, 2011, 10:55:03 AM »
We have none, and frankly we're pretty damn proud of it . . . being an Elite academic institution for so many years precluded us from extending that same dominance on to the field and court of play.

The University of Michigan thinks that this was funny. :thumbs:

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 05, 2011, 10:55:16 AM »
I would like to refer all arguments to the following references: A: BCS poll, B: Coaches Poll, C: AP Poll, D: USA Today Poll, E: ESPN poll, F: Harris Poll, and G: any and all other current NCAA college football polls. Thank you GO HOGS  

those polls are prejudice against teams from the midwest and you know it.  we all know it.  that's why everyone makes fun of the pollsters.

regardless, there's a reason why arkansas pig aggy is looked down upon by the american public and  that's because your team commands no respect unlike Kansas State, a.k.a. America's team.

Just wondering what you guys think about playing Arkansas.  I don't know anything about them but I think they're considered "small time" as it relates to the college football world.  

I am worried that people will associate them when they think about KSU football and I'd hate to hurt our national brand/image.  We have the second most recognizable program behind Notre Dame and I don't want to tarnish it.  
:curse: :jerk: :curse:you people are idiots, we are ranked way ahead of you in standings, we should be playing a better school than you, you guys will always be sucking hind tit to the razorbacks!!!

i realize you are ahead of us in the BCS standings.  the same standings that the entire nation is laughing about.  props on that i guess.  the national media loves k-state and we are America's team.  i'm sorry that you hate America.

I'm pretty sure Boise State is more America's Team than some Big 12, er Big 10 also-ran. JMHO.

sorry buddy but Boise State might be Idaho's team but they aren't taking the title of  America's team away from us.  remember, these colors don't bleed.

I guess being a self-proclaimed America's Team is better than not being one at all.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 05, 2011, 10:55:57 AM »

:barf:

Offline hogtrough

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 05, 2011, 10:56:16 AM »

Aww, nice excuse. Now explain Kansas being ranked in top of nation every year in basketball........GO

Offline Razorbackfan1

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 05, 2011, 10:57:13 AM »
why are K-State fans worried about their ranking dropping int he polls when they think they will win? the polls dont matter after the bowl games you ignorant morons

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 05, 2011, 10:57:23 AM »
The usernames of some of these posters are outstanding. I mean, my mind is blown.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 05, 2011, 10:57:56 AM »

I guess being a self-proclaimed America's Team is better than not being one at all.

i would expect a fan of a school such as arkansas would appreciate and honor America's team but it seems as though your fanbase rejects the thought.  oh well, i guess if you want to alienate yourself and not show honor and respect  for America's team then i guess that's your prerogative.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 05, 2011, 10:58:09 AM »

Aww, nice excuse. Now explain Kansas being ranked in top of nation every year in basketball........GO

link?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline hogtrough

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 05, 2011, 10:59:12 AM »
The usernames of some of these posters are outstanding. I mean, my mind is blown.

Come on to Twitter and we will annihilate you. @hogtrough

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 05, 2011, 10:59:33 AM »

i would expect a fan of a school such as arkansas would appreciate and honor America's team but it seems as though your fanbase rejects the thought.  oh well, i guess if you want to alienate yourself and not show honor and respect  for America's team then i guess that's your prerogative.

I've just never heard Kansas state referred to as America's Team until today I guess. I didn't even know the Mildcats were 10-2 until last night, I just assumed we were getting Oklahoma in Dallas.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 05, 2011, 11:00:57 AM »
why are K-State fans worried about their ranking dropping int he polls when they think they will win? the polls dont matter after the bowl games you ignorant morons

Playing a lesser opponent has hurt us before.

Rankings are important b/c we need to be ranked in the top 5 for next season's title run.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 05, 2011, 11:01:28 AM »

I've just never heard Kansas state referred to as America's Team until today I guess. I didn't even know the Mildcats were 10-2 until last night, I just assumed we were getting Oklahoma in Dallas.

that's ok.  i didn't pay attention to arkansas this year either.  looks like you guys had a serviceable season and are being rewarded with a chance to play  K-State America's team.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 05, 2011, 11:01:50 AM »
Most Online:    1135 - Today at 11:00:22 AM

:eek:
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 05, 2011, 11:02:14 AM »

Come on to Twitter and we will annihilate you. @hogtrough

i don't know what this means.  ww_ksu
- chunkles

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 05, 2011, 11:02:38 AM »

Yes, the same standings where Kansas State has only beaten one ranked team while still having two losses (neither of which are to teams going to National Championship.)

Wrong again.

Offline Razorbackfan1

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 05, 2011, 11:02:46 AM »
hahahaahaha you guys seriously think that K-State has a title shot next year? NOT EVEN!

Arkansas has a better title shot then you guys. wait till Knile Davis gets healthy. there are no words to describe how good Arkansas will be next year

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 05, 2011, 11:03:14 AM »

that's ok.  i didn't pay attention to arkansas this year either.  looks like you guys had a serviceable season and are being rewarded with a chance to play  K-State America's team.

Gee whiz, aren't we lucky?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 05, 2011, 11:04:12 AM »

I don't know why you would expect them to respect America or America's Team.  I mean they have already proven that they hate hard work and those who bust their humps to provide for their families.  
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 05, 2011, 11:04:18 AM »
hahahaahaha you guys seriously think that K-State has a title shot next year? NOT EVEN!

Arkansas has a better title shot then you guys. wait till Knile Davis gets healthy. there are no words to describe how good Arkansas will be next year

i think arkansas will be very good next year based upon my analysis.  this year is a building year for you and it is for us as well.  both teams will be ranked very highly next season and this year could just be a warm up for our teams meeting in the NC game next season.