Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 927654 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #225 on: December 05, 2011, 01:00:35 AM »
this is photo shopped as well

Man against Lane Kiffin and Co.  Impressive.  Oh, hmmm.... 5-7 Tennessee?  Yeah.  Guess I just don't see that Pop Warner SEC tackling happening against the Cats in Dallas.
Hmmm I didn't remember seeing the USC trojans on the schedule this year.  Being as that is where Lane Kiffin coaches.    :flush:

Funny hearing a fan of any Big ??? conference team making comments about defense.   Seriously, Kstate boasts a 104th passing defense!  You think that that sits well with you winning this game?

It is funny reading about the arrogance of your fan base though.  Makes the trash talking that much more enjoyable.   :thumbsup:

We play against the best offenses in college football week in and out.  But go ahead and keep thinking you have a chance at competing.

And we play the best defenses...

it only looks that way because your offenses are so horrible. this has to be the dumbest fanbase that i've ever come across. i keep reading post after post thinking "these guys can't be serious can they?"

Your offenses look so great because your defenses are so horrible... :thumbsup: it works both ways

Interesting point.....if you majored in dumbass logic.  Pro Tip:  Our defenses aren't horrible.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 05, 2011, 01:02:12 AM »
Here is how I see it:

1.  LHC LHC Bill Snyder is only back in his second year.
2.  LHC LHC Bill Snyder is one of the top 5 coaches in the NCAA (if you go by what he gets out of what he has).
3.  LHC LHC Bill Snyder has intentionally ran the hell out of the ball this year; he's done this to hide a team that doesn't have his caliber of talent in it (which he's getting more and more talent in every year, hopefully returning it to before he left), to protect a QB who has a hard time throwing, to change T.O.P in K-State's favor, and to help the defense by keeping them off the field with the T.O.P.
4.  These philosophies have paid off for KState this year, because LHC LHC Bill Snyder has stuck to this philosophy thick and thin.

The problem with these philosophies is when KState plays a team they are just blatantly out-athleted against.  These problems were glaringly obvious in the Ok-State/OU games.  Because these offenses had a propensity to score so quickly, the philosophy that made KState successful this year, was their ultimate downfall.

Arkansas can and will score very quickly on KState.  Arkansas, will NOT be able to stop KState's run game.  Herein, lies the problem with KState against Arkansas.  If Arkansas ever gets up on you, you will probably get murdered, because the flood gates will open, the defense will see a lot of long balls, they will beat you to the edge with speed, and they will nickel and dime you in the special teams department.  That defense is not equipped to spend a lot of time on the field.  It will be a OSU/OU flashback.

With all of that said, if KState can stick to the run, and stick to it hard... keep it close until the end, keep it out of Tyler Wilson's hands, and play to the 4th quarter, they have a legitimate shot at it.

I personally predict Arkansas wins this one by 14+, but I'm being a homer on this.  It could stay really tight, and I never count out a LHC LHC Bill Snyder team.  The reason why I think it will get out of hand, is because we will turn it into a shootout, and I do not believe that KState has the top to bottom speed on defense and skill position players to compete in a foot race.

Best wishes KState fans.  I've been to Manhattan and I feel sorry for you guys, but hey, at least you have Little Apple Brewery and Aggieville (two WONDERFUL college environments).  I've also taken some jogs around the old concrete stadium on campus.  A great place, with way prettier girls than those KU fans/students.

You did not watch the Okie State game.  Stopped reading there.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 05, 2011, 01:02:32 AM »
Would take an OSU flashback. You are really getting me rev'd (honey) up for this bowl game!

Offline gohogs14

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 05, 2011, 01:03:06 AM »

Man against Lane Kiffin and Co.  Impressive.  Oh, hmmm.... 5-7 Tennessee?  Yeah.  Guess I just don't see that Pop Warner SEC tackling happening against the Cats in Dallas.
Hmmm I didn't remember seeing the USC trojans on the schedule this year.  Being as that is where Lane Kiffin coaches.    :flush:

Funny hearing a fan of any Big ??? conference team making comments about defense.   Seriously, Kstate boasts a 104th passing defense!  You think that that sits well with you winning this game?

It is funny reading about the arrogance of your fan base though.  Makes the trash talking that much more enjoyable.   :thumbsup:

We play against the best offenses in college football week in and out.  But go ahead and keep thinking you have a chance at competing.

it only looks that way because your offenses are so horrible. this has to be the dumbest fanbase that i've ever come across. i keep reading post after post thinking "these guys can't be serious can they?"

Your offenses look so great because your defenses are so horrible... :thumbsup: it works both ways

Interesting point.....if you majored in dumbass logic.  Pro Tip:  Our defenses aren't horrible.

link? not all SEC offenses are horrible either

Offline ShoelessWes

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 05, 2011, 01:03:56 AM »
Here is how I see it:

1.  LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder is only back in his second year.
2.  LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder is one of the top 5 coaches in the NCAA (if you go by what he gets out of what he has).
3.  LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder has intentionally ran the hell out of the ball this year; he's done this to hide a team that doesn't have his caliber of talent in it (which he's getting more and more talent in every year, hopefully returning it to before he left), to protect a QB who has a hard time throwing, to change T.O.P in K-State's favor, and to help the defense by keeping them off the field with the T.O.P.
4.  These philosophies have paid off for KState this year, because LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder has stuck to this philosophy thick and thin.

The problem with these philosophies is when KState plays a team they are just blatantly out-athleted against.  These problems were glaringly obvious in the Ok-State/OU games.  Because these offenses had a propensity to score so quickly, the philosophy that made KState successful this year, was their ultimate downfall.

Arkansas can and will score very quickly on KState.  Arkansas, will NOT be able to stop KState's run game.  Herein, lies the problem with KState against Arkansas.  If Arkansas ever gets up on you, you will probably get murdered, because the flood gates will open, the defense will see a lot of long balls, they will beat you to the edge with speed, and they will nickel and dime you in the special teams department.  That defense is not equipped to spend a lot of time on the field.  It will be a OSU/OU flashback.

With all of that said, if KState can stick to the run, and stick to it hard... keep it close until the end, keep it out of Tyler Wilson's hands, and play to the 4th quarter, they have a legitimate shot at it.

I personally predict Arkansas wins this one by 14+, but I'm being a homer on this.  It could stay really tight, and I never count out a LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder team.  The reason why I think it will get out of hand, is because we will turn it into a shootout, and I do not believe that KState has the top to bottom speed on defense and skill position players to compete in a foot race.

Best wishes KState fans.  I've been to Manhattan and I feel sorry for you guys, but hey, at least you have Little Apple Brewery and Aggieville (two WONDERFUL college environments).  I've also taken some jogs around the old concrete stadium on campus.  A great place, with way prettier girls than those KU fans/students.

Yes, sir, I did.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 05, 2011, 01:04:58 AM »
Here is how I see it:

1.  LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder is only back in his second year.
2.  LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder is one of the top 5 coaches in the NCAA (if you go by what he gets out of what he has).
3.  LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder has intentionally ran the hell out of the ball this year; he's done this to hide a team that doesn't have his caliber of talent in it (which he's getting more and more talent in every year, hopefully returning it to before he left), to protect a QB who has a hard time throwing, to change T.O.P in K-State's favor, and to help the defense by keeping them off the field with the T.O.P.
4.  These philosophies have paid off for KState this year, because LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder has stuck to this philosophy thick and thin.

I personally predict Arkansas wins this one by 14+, but I'm being a homer on this.  It could stay really tight, and I never count out a LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder team.  The reason why I think it will get out of hand, is because we will turn it into a shootout, and I do not believe that KState has the top to bottom speed on defense and skill position players to compete in a foot race.

Yes, sir, I did.

Well then there is no helping you.  You are a dumbass.  Just call it a night and head back to SEC land where your IQ puts you in the normal range.

Offline HogFoo

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 05, 2011, 01:05:12 AM »

We've played better passing teams than you rednecks, and won.
Hahahahaha..  Oh you have eh?   Hmmm what juggarnaut of a team was that?  You think TT and baylor would have beat the hogs?  gimme a break dude!  It's good that you are a fan of your school but you are about to face the best group of receivers in the country!    It's not like arkansas is one dimensional either.  Even without our SEC leading rusher and heisman hopeful RB this year our run game was pretty decent.  If the Hogs keep you off balance you are done!  If the Hogs get in rhythm on offense you are done!  If our run game gets going you are done!  It'll be a great game...for hog fans!   :grin:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 05, 2011, 01:07:20 AM »

Man against Lane Kiffin and Co.  Impressive.  Oh, hmmm.... 5-7 Tennessee?  Yeah.  Guess I just don't see that Pop Warner SEC tackling happening against the Cats in Dallas.
Hmmm I didn't remember seeing the USC trojans on the schedule this year.  Being as that is where Lane Kiffin coaches.    :flush:

Funny hearing a fan of any Big ??? conference team making comments about defense.   Seriously, Kstate boasts a 104th passing defense!  You think that that sits well with you winning this game?

It is funny reading about the arrogance of your fan base though.  Makes the trash talking that much more enjoyable.   :thumbsup:

Well, they are rick daris.  They are for real.

i just got off the phone with an lsu grad that i went to highschool with. his direct quote "people like to make fun of them for having sex with animals and family members but what they don't realize is that arkansas people aren't offended by that because it's true and so if you want to make fun of them then you should pick something else". i mean that is a direct quote from a person who is in the same conference as them and knows them like the back of his hand.

i just feel like maybe it's not to late to try to get a different bowl game. like, let's say you're at a bar and some crazy drugged out guy comes up and asks you for a smoke and then tries to talk to you and is all crazy about stuff and your first inclination is to just be "hey, get the eff away from me weirdo" but then you realize that would just incite holy crap hell, so you smile and then give him another smoke for the road and make up an excuse about how you have to go meet your friends at another bar because it's one of their birthdays and you went to grade school with him and you're really close and it'd be weird if you didn't go join them.

what i'm saying is, do you think iowa st or somebody would trade bowl games with us so we can play a school of slightly higher caliber people.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 01:12:16 AM by rick daris »

Offline Cackle

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 05, 2011, 01:08:57 AM »
do you guys remember last year when we got to travel from the little apple to the big apple to play the prestigious Syracuse Orange?  :excited: Would kill to be back in Yankee Stadium again playing them.  Was an amazing clash of the titans, reminiscent of our epic battle in the fiesta bowl.
:bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse:

Offline ShoelessWes

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 05, 2011, 01:12:22 AM »
Here is how I see it:

1.  LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder is only back in his second year.
2.  LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder is one of the top 5 coaches in the NCAA (if you go by what he gets out of what he has).
3.  LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder has intentionally ran the hell out of the ball this year; he's done this to hide a team that doesn't have his caliber of talent in it (which he's getting more and more talent in every year, hopefully returning it to before he left), to protect a QB who has a hard time throwing, to change T.O.P in K-State's favor, and to help the defense by keeping them off the field with the T.O.P.
4.  These philosophies have paid off for KState this year, because LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder has stuck to this philosophy thick and thin.

I personally predict Arkansas wins this one by 14+, but I'm being a homer on this.  It could stay really tight, and I never count out a LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder team.  The reason why I think it will get out of hand, is because we will turn it into a shootout, and I do not believe that KState has the top to bottom speed on defense and skill position players to compete in a foot race.

Yes, sir, I did.

Well then there is no helping you.  You are a dumbass.  Just call it a night and head back to SEC land where your IQ puts you in the normal range.

KState gave up 575 yards.  They were outathleted.  KState kept themselves in the game, but a lot of that was on the back of a horrible Oklahoma State defense.  An Oklahoma State defense that is 107th.  The KState defense is leaps and bounds better than Oklahoma States, but when it became a shootout, they just did not have the ponies to keep up any more.

I would have loved more than anything for that score to have been flipped, but it wasn't.

Offline Sprig

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 05, 2011, 01:15:09 AM »

[/quote]

i just got off the phone with an lsu grad that i went to highschool with. his direct quote "people like to make fun of them for having sex with animals and family members but what they don't realize is that arkansas people aren't offended by that because it's true and so if you want to make fun of them then you should pick something else". i mean that is a direct quote from a person who is in the same conference as them and knows them like the back of his hand.

i just feel like maybe it's not to late to try to get a different bowl game. like, let's say you're at a bar and some crazy drugged out guy comes up and asks you for a smoke and then tries to talk to you and is all crazy about stuff and your first inclination is to just be "hey, get the eff away from me weirdo" but then you realize that would just incite holy crap hell, so you smile and then give him another smoke for the road and make up an excuse about how you have to go meet your friends at another bar because it's one of their birthdays and you went to grade school with him and you're really close and it'd be weird if you didn't go join them.

[/quote]

Funny your corndog eating friend would have something to say about Arkansas fans. Hell they are as bad as it gets. Just curious is this him?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 05, 2011, 01:19:37 AM »

[/quote]

Funny your corndog eating friend would have something to say about Arkansas fans. Hell they are as bad as it gets. Just curious is this him?

[/quote]

sprig post

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 05, 2011, 01:21:34 AM »
sprig post
Just about the spriggiest post this board has ever seen.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 05, 2011, 01:21:46 AM »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 05, 2011, 01:23:13 AM »
sprig post

you know one of the things i hate most about this board? it's when sprig messes up the quote function and then i quote his messed up post and it makes it look like i messed it up as well. god damnit.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile

Offline ShoelessWes

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 05, 2011, 01:24:35 AM »
sprig post

you know one of the things i hate most about this board? it's when sprig messes up the quote function and then i quote his messed up post and it makes it look like i messed it up as well. god damnit.

HTML isn't our thing... we have a hard enough time with English.

Offline Cackle

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 05, 2011, 01:26:53 AM »
sprig post

HTML isn't our thing... we have a hard enough time with English.
Our college of education is churning out high quality English teachers by the truchkload, Pig Aggy.  There should be some sent to third-world areas like your own in the coming days  :cheers:
:bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 05, 2011, 01:27:15 AM »

Now Sprig, I'm not one to watch much TV--usually too busy reading the classics and making a fuckload of money in various business ventures.  But if this gentleman pictured is who I think he is, he is an alligator hunter from History Channel's Swamp People.  If he isn't, forgive me for the crap-pushing-in I'm about to give you, but...how dare you?  How dare you try to downgrade and belittle a hard-working man who busts his hump every single day under dangerous conditions so he can put food on his family's table?  I mean, JFC.  Just because you sit around all day watching TV and smoking meth with your welfare queen of a third wife doesn't give you the right to talk trash on Willie or the millions of hard-working Americans like him who hold down four, five, six jobs a week so they can provide for their families.  

Take another hit, hillbilly.  Both off of your meth pipe and off of the government teat.  JFC.   :flush:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:00:47 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 05, 2011, 01:28:35 AM »
Posting pics of half naked alums just makes me think you are fat, bald, and hairy everywhere else. I don't like circle jerk threads?  :dunno:

Offline Sprig

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 05, 2011, 01:43:32 AM »

Now Sprig, I'm not one to watch much TV--usually too busy reading the classics and making a fuckload of money in various business ventures.  But if this gentleman pictured is who I think he is, he is an alligator hunter from History Channel's Swamp People.  If he isn't, forgive me for the crap-pushing-in I'm about to give you; if he is, I ask you this: how dare you?  How dare you try to downgrade and belittle a hard-working man who busts his hump every single day under dangerous conditions so he can put food on his family's table?  I mean, JFC.  Just because you sit around all day watching TV and smoking meth with your welfare queen of a third wife doesn't give you the right to talk trash on Willie or the millions of hard-working Americans like him who hold down four, five, six jobs a week so they can provide for their families.  

Take another hit, hillbilly.  Both off of your meth pipe and off of the government teat.  JFC.   :flush:

Now Big Ben, I am watching the History channel. I am not watching some bullshit Jersey Shore episode. Now that we have got that out of the way and you are as financially secure as you are we should get to the point. I have never smoked meth or snorted meth and am not really sure how its done BUT if it came down to me providing for my family by catching alligators with my hands in a snake infested swamp or sitting in my cave collecting a government check while busting off a hit of meth every now and again... Well give me a hit and some Obama monies everyday of the week. If that makes me a hillbilly then so be it.  :)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 05, 2011, 01:47:44 AM »
Now Big Ben, I am watching the History channel. I am not watching some bullshit Jersey Shore episode. Now that we have got that out of the way and you are as financially secure as you are we should get to the point. I have never smoked meth or snorted meth and am not really sure how its done BUT if it came down to me providing for my family by catching alligators with my hands in a snake infested swamp or sitting in my cave collecting a government check while busting off a hit of meth every now and again... Well give me a hit and some Obama monies everyday of the week. If that makes me a hillbilly then so be it.  :)
Sprig post.

:shy:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline LovesPigs

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 05, 2011, 01:49:23 AM »
Hello purples cats how do you work this modern cumtraction. does i hit post next,

Offline HG

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 05, 2011, 01:59:27 AM »
Hello purples cats how do you work this modern cumtraction. does i hit post next,

Don't believe this poster.  He's no Arkansas grad.  Sophomore drop-out at best.  Maybe junior, but only if his daddy helped endow the university with a whole mess of pork rinds.

Offline ShoelessWes

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 05, 2011, 02:00:17 AM »
EAT DEM MUSTARD AND BISCUITS, MMMHMMM.