Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 927701 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #200 on: December 05, 2011, 12:33:22 AM »
Are you kidding me Arkansas is going to kill!  Arkansas is the third best team in the SEC and the only teams they have lost to are the teams playing in the national championship.  They deserve to be playing in a BCS bowl game, the SEC is the most dominate conference.   If anything playing a team like KSU will hurt Arkansas image.  

Oh my.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 05, 2011, 12:34:31 AM »
Are you kidding me Arkansas is going to kill!  Arkansas is the third best team in the SEC and the only teams they have lost to are the teams playing in the national championship.  They deserve to be playing in a BCS bowl game, the SEC is the most dominate conference.   If anything playing a team like KSU will hurt Arkansas image.  

Oh my.

I KNEW you'd at least be able to see the significance of this.

Offline statechamp08-09

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 05, 2011, 12:35:34 AM »
This sure is a lot of talk from the Jayhawks little brothers. Is Snyder even going to be around for the game? You people talk more than lsu fans, but at least they're good. I've been on a mission trip to your miserable state. I feel terrible for anyone who has to live there. God bless and get ready for January 6th. WPS

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 05, 2011, 12:36:23 AM »
This sure is a lot of talk from the Jayhawks little brothers. Is Snyder even going to be around for the game? You people talk more than lsu fans, but at least they're good. I've been on a mission trip to your miserable state. I feel terrible for anyone who has to live there. God bless and get ready for January 6th. WPS

Would Jesus really appreciate the way you are talking to us?  :horrorsurprise:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 05, 2011, 12:36:58 AM »
this is photo shopped as well

Man against Lane Kiffin and Co.  Impressive.  Oh, hmmm.... 5-7 Tennessee?  Yeah.  Guess I just don't see that Pop Warner SEC tackling happening against the Cats in Dallas.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 05, 2011, 12:39:20 AM »

Be honest, that guy in the stands was taking his shirt off for a woodshed beating... nigra haters.  And don't bag about it!  :curse:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline statechamp08-09

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 05, 2011, 12:40:10 AM »
I said nothing terrible? I just wake up everyday and thank God I'm not from Kansas. That is all.

Offline Sprig

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 05, 2011, 12:40:58 AM »

Man against Lane Kiffin and Co.  Impressive.  Oh, hmmm.... 5-7 Tennessee?  Yeah.  Guess I just don't see that Pop Warner SEC tackling happening against the Cats in Dallas.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 05, 2011, 12:41:50 AM »
I said nothing terrible? I just wake up everyday and thank God I'm not from Kansas. That is all.
Dude, our roads are like ridiculously nice.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 05, 2011, 12:43:07 AM »

so sad seeing these heathen College Arkansas fans relegating themselves to eternal damnation. go with god, thoughts and prayers.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 05, 2011, 12:44:32 AM »

WWJD bro. Def not talk mean about Kansas, that's for sure.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 05, 2011, 12:46:07 AM »

David Allen, etc.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 05, 2011, 12:46:15 AM »

Wow, a special teams play against a terrible team.  Never seen that before.

:flush:

Offline gohogs14

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 05, 2011, 12:48:34 AM »

Offline Sprig

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 05, 2011, 12:49:14 AM »

Not even close

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 05, 2011, 12:49:25 AM »

Would Jesus really appreciate the way you are talking to us?  :horrorsurprise:

my god.  It's the phighting phelps' all over again.  God hates hatred.  Or dislkes hate strongly. 

#teamloveisinmyheart

Offline HogFoo

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 05, 2011, 12:49:56 AM »

Hmmm I didn't remember seeing the USC trojans on the schedule this year.  Being as that is where Lane Kiffin coaches.    :flush:

Funny hearing a fan of any Big ??? conference team making comments about defense.   Seriously, Kstate boasts a 104th passing defense!  You think that that sits well with you winning this game?

It is funny reading about the arrogance of your fan base though.  Makes the trash talking that much more enjoyable.   :thumbsup:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 05, 2011, 12:51:07 AM »

Hmmm I didn't remember seeing the USC trojans on the schedule this year.  Being as that is where Lane Kiffin coaches.    :flush:

Funny hearing a fan of any Big ??? conference team making comments about defense.   Seriously, Kstate boasts a 104th passing defense!  You think that that sits well with you winning this game?

It is funny reading about the arrogance of your fan base though.  Makes the trash talking that much more enjoyable.   :thumbsup:

We've played better passing teams than you rednecks, and won.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 05, 2011, 12:51:34 AM »

Not even close
Wow Tennessee constantly missing tackles.  Who on earth could have seen that coming?

What's next, a video of a TD against Ole Miss?  If Arky played in the Big 12 they'd finish right between Mizzou and Iowa State, imo.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 05, 2011, 12:53:00 AM »

We play against the best offenses in college football week in and out.  But go ahead and keep thinking you have a chance at competing.

Offline gohogs14

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 05, 2011, 12:54:19 AM »

We play against the best offenses in college football week in and out.  But go ahead and keep thinking you have a chance at competing.

And we play the best defenses...

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 05, 2011, 12:56:28 AM »

it only looks that way because your offenses are so horrible. this has to be the dumbest fanbase that i've ever come across. i keep reading post after post thinking "these guys can't be serious can they?"

Offline gohogs14

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 05, 2011, 12:59:07 AM »

it only looks that way because your offenses are so horrible. this has to be the dumbest fanbase that i've ever come across. i keep reading post after post thinking "these guys can't be serious can they?"

Your offenses look so great because your defenses are so horrible... :thumbsup: it works both ways

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 05, 2011, 12:59:23 AM »

Well, they are rick daris.  They are for real.

Offline ShoelessWes

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 05, 2011, 01:00:29 AM »
Here is how I see it:

1.  LHC Bill Snyder is only back in his second year.
2.  LHC Bill Snyder is one of the top 5 coaches in the NCAA (if you go by what he gets out of what he has).
3.  LHC Bill Snyder has intentionally ran the hell out of the ball this year; he's done this to hide a team that doesn't have his caliber of talent in it (which he's getting more and more talent in every year, hopefully returning it to before he left), to protect a QB who has a hard time throwing, to change T.O.P in K-State's favor, and to help the defense by keeping them off the field with the T.O.P.
4.  These philosophies have paid off for KState this year, because LHC Bill Snyder has stuck to this philosophy thick and thin.

The problem with these philosophies is when KState plays a team they are just blatantly out-athleted against.  These problems were glaringly obvious in the Ok-State/OU games.  Because these offenses had a propensity to score so quickly, the philosophy that made KState successful this year, was their ultimate downfall.

Arkansas can and will score very quickly on KState.  Arkansas, will NOT be able to stop KState's run game.  Herein, lies the problem with KState against Arkansas.  If Arkansas ever gets up on you, you will probably get murdered, because the flood gates will open, the defense will see a lot of long balls, they will beat you to the edge with speed, and they will nickel and dime you in the special teams department.  That defense is not equipped to spend a lot of time on the field.  It will be a OSU/OU flashback.

With all of that said, if KState can stick to the run, and stick to it hard... keep it close until the end, keep it out of Tyler Wilson's hands, and play to the 4th quarter, they have a legitimate shot at it.

I personally predict Arkansas wins this one by 14+, but I'm being a homer on this.  It could stay really tight, and I never count out a LHC Bill Snyder team.  The reason why I think it will get out of hand, is because we will turn it into a shootout, and I do not believe that KState has the top to bottom speed on defense and skill position players to compete in a foot race.

Best wishes KState fans.  I've been to Manhattan and I feel sorry for you guys, but hey, at least you have Little Apple Brewery and Aggieville (two WONDERFUL college environments).  I've also taken some jogs around the old concrete stadium on campus.  A great place, with way prettier girls than those KU fans/students.