Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 919687 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #2250 on: December 06, 2011, 09:44:50 PM »
Lock thread mods.  This puppy has run its course, imo.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline RAZORBACK PRIDE

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: December 06, 2011, 09:45:55 PM »
can we just end this whole conversation and just know that, well, you know, KSwho SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :excited: :excited: :excited:
lol. quite funny did you come up with that yourself?

actually, I DID! It took me like a whole 5 sec to think of that. Thinks for noticing!

now thats what i call a comeback
if i ever encountered you in person i would beat you to the ground and then crap in your mouth and make you swallow it.

but honestly, that CRAP would have already sunken into your pants cuz of how scared and shocked you were after we beat the living CRAP out of KSwho!

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: December 06, 2011, 09:48:06 PM »
can we just end this whole conversation and just know that, well, you know, KSwho SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :excited: :excited: :excited:
lol. quite funny did you come up with that yourself?

actually, I DID! It took me like a whole 5 sec to think of that. Thinks for noticing!

now thats what i call a comeback
if i ever encountered you in person i would beat you to the ground and then crap in your mouth and make you swallow it.

but honestly, that CRAP would have already sunken into your pants cuz of how scared and shocked you were after we beat the living CRAP out of KSwho!
then you can swallow my boxer briefs and ill send you back to NarcoticsSa  with a swift kick to your tiny unused nads.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: December 06, 2011, 09:52:10 PM »
Lock thread mods.  This puppy has run its course, imo.

Just merge it with the smoke your cigars thread. I mean, why not?

Offline football fan

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: December 06, 2011, 10:12:14 PM »
Just wondering what you guys think about playing Arkansas.  I don't know anything about them but I think they're considered "small time" as it relates to the college football world. 

I am worried that people will associate them when they think about KSU football and I'd hate to hurt our national brand/image.  We have the second most recognizable program behind Notre Dame and I don't want to tarnish it. 

KSU?  There's a football program at that college?  OHHHHH  there it is..........2 spots BEHIND Arkansas in the rankings!! 
Nuff said!

I'm embarrassed even responding to you but please come here after the game and post your whines.

I think these fans are going to come and serve us some "whine and cheese" after the game, amirite?

You do realize you are playing Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl, and not Vanderbilt.  Yes, we are both in the SEC, but just like Arkansas and UCA are two different universities, Arkansas and Vanderbilt are different as well.  

(Frame of reference for you, Vandy is famous for their wine and cheese crowd, or infamous, however you want to look at it).

Arkansas is definitely "different."

Bless your heart, there's no reason to be embarrassed...when you're ready to whine you just go ahead.  I am sure that even where you live has SOMEWHERE you can find some cheese to go with it.  Why bless my soul, you're cheesy enough!  So when you start whining just look in the mirror and POOF  there's your cheese!
Nothing wrong with being different.  God likes variety, and that way I am nothing like some of the people who have reacted to this thread.

Offline GOHOGS501

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: December 06, 2011, 10:16:19 PM »
Oh great. This will only reaffirm our reputation on scheduling cupcakes. ridiculous.
Kansas State is the cupcake team. You all must be retarted if you think arkansas is a cupcake team. Kansas? What a joke. I hope your crying after joe adams returns a punt on your below average defense.... :excited:

Offline GOHOGS501

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: December 06, 2011, 10:19:11 PM »
Classic lose-lose for us.  If you fight the respect, you're a dick.  If you refuse, well you're a pussy who's afraid to fight a poor ass, inbred, methhead respect who lives near a giant walmart.
Your the inbred methhead..... You guys are obviously going to lose. Kansas-state what a joke. Arkansas only 2 loses were against the top 2 teams in the country. What tough teams do you guys have to play.....Iowa State.....????What a joke....

Offline GOHOGS501

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: December 06, 2011, 10:21:00 PM »
Arkansas is one of those old SWC teams that we didn't let in the Big12, right?  Like TCU only now TCU is better than them so they're in, no?
Kansas-State and TCU both suck. As a matter of fact the entire big 12 sucks. Arkansas is going to curbstomp K-State.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: December 06, 2011, 10:22:04 PM »
I don't think Arkansas' players are very good.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: December 06, 2011, 10:22:29 PM »
Holy eff, I can't wait for SD's "Fighting you" related thread.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: December 06, 2011, 10:24:45 PM »
Arkansas is one of those old SWC teams that we didn't let in the Big12, right?  Like TCU only now TCU is better than them so they're in, no?
Kansas-State and TCU both suck. As a matter of fact the entire big 12 sucks. Arkansas is going to curbstomp K-State.

:opcat:
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: December 06, 2011, 10:27:25 PM »
I used to think this was going to be a close game, Cats by like 10.  After losing half their coaches, it's pretty clear that the razorpigs will hardly put up a fight in this one.  Cats by 21+.

Offline IH8LSU

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: December 06, 2011, 10:28:04 PM »

FYI, mildcats, Arkansas left the Southwest Conference before it merged with the Big 8 and was a big reason for SWC's demise, kinda like Mizzou and A&M are leaving your sinking ship.

Offline Perry

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: December 06, 2011, 10:28:45 PM »
Holy eff, I can't wait for SD's "Fighting you" related thread.
:drool:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: December 06, 2011, 10:29:34 PM »
I love arky fans.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Let the Slaughter Begin!
« Reply #2265 on: December 06, 2011, 10:50:22 PM »
   'Twas a sad day as Bill rolled into Dallas, there was a thick purple mist that smelled of freshly cooked bacon. Bill knew it wasn't that low-fat turkey bacon crap either. It was real pig bacon, thick with fat and grease. When Bill finally arrived at the notorious slaughterhouse the Jerry Dome where the smell was thickest, he moved to park. The attendants at first asked for $68 but seeing Bill's unyielding, unrelenting, unmoving, emotionless stare they layed their qualm to rest and let him pass free of charge. After an embarrassing show of gratitude from Jerry Jones Bill continued his familiar journey to this new slaughterhouse. He had butchered many animals before Cows, even more exotic tigers, and even a strange mythical bird that proved to be insignificant compared to his skill. Still while walking to his place of work he looked to the north and saw the Rev-Honey billboard exactly where he had asked it to be placed. Once inside after making sure the Rev-Honey vendor was fully stocked he went to talk to his workers. He told them with that emotionless stare that these pigs were nothing special, nay they were far inferior to their normal victims. With that all the workers began to scream and shout. Bill thought to himself how did he become a simple butcher when he had a P.H.D. in schemeology. But with that they were off to work sprinting through the tunnel to the heart of the Jerry Dome. And with that same emotionless face Bill whispered… "Let the slaughter begin."

Offline IDC

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: December 06, 2011, 10:53:38 PM »
 :D I think not look at the records not just this year. Arkansas 676-451-40 K State 466-610-41. Arkansas has played in 36 Bowl Games (BCS Sugar Bowl 2010) and has won a nat championship. K State has played in 15 bowl games( No BCS) and no championships only five conference titles so I think not.
Look at the entire Athletic dept for the schools Arkansas is better in almost all categories plus they play in a much tougher conference. The Big 12 is not what it once was that’s why schools are jumping from the ship.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: December 06, 2011, 10:55:53 PM »
:D I think not look at the records not just this year. Arkansas 676-451-40 K State 466-610-41. Arkansas has played in 36 Bowl Games (BCS Sugar Bowl 2010) and has won a nat championship. K State has played in 15 bowl games( No BCS) and no championships only five conference titles so I think not.
Look at the entire Athletic dept for the schools Arkansas is better in almost all categories plus they play in a much tougher conference. The Big 12 is not what it once was that’s why schools are jumping from the ship.

Have they ever played head-to-head?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: December 06, 2011, 10:56:44 PM »

Yes that should settle this.  Does anybody know?

Offline idontgiveAdam_713

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Let the Slaughter Begin!
« Reply #2269 on: December 06, 2011, 10:59:27 PM »
   'Twas a sad day as Bill rolled into Dallas, there was a thick purple mist that smelled of freshly cooked bacon. Bill knew it wasn't that low-fat turkey bacon crap either. It was real pig bacon, thick with fat and grease. When Bill finally arrived at the notorious slaughterhouse the Jerry Dome where the smell was thickest, he moved to park. The attendants at first asked for $68 but seeing Bill's unyielding, unrelenting, unmoving, emotionless stare they layed their qualm to rest and let him pass free of charge. After an embarrassing show of gratitude from Jerry Jones Bill continued his familiar journey to this new slaughterhouse. He had butchered many animals before Cows, even more exotic tigers, and even a strange mythical bird that proved to be insignificant compared to his skill. Still while walking to his place of work he looked to the north and saw the Rev-Honey billboard exactly where he had asked it to be placed. Once inside after making sure the Rev-Honey vendor was fully stocked he went to talk to his workers. He told them with that emotionless stare that these pigs were nothing special, nay they were far inferior to their normal victims. With that all the workers began to scream and shout. Bill thought to himself how did he become a simple butcher when he had a P.H.D. in schemeology. But with that they were off to work sprinting through the tunnel to the heart of the Jerry Dome. And with that same emotionless face Bill whispered… "Let the slaughter begin."

That was as bad as the drain in a turkish bath. 

Offline idontgiveAdam_713

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Let the Slaughter Begin!
« Reply #2270 on: December 06, 2011, 11:01:49 PM »

Wait I am sorry, is that you Radio?

Offline kcpowercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: December 06, 2011, 11:08:16 PM »
I just wanted my name part of this thread before it's filed away in the Library of Congress.  Proceed.  :driving:

Offline IDC

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: December 06, 2011, 11:26:50 PM »
 :D No not that i can find.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: December 06, 2011, 11:35:26 PM »
:D No not that i can find.

Look harder. I could have sworn someone mentioned it in previous posts.  :bait:
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline IH8LSU

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: December 06, 2011, 11:41:41 PM »

Yeah we've played 4 times and we won in 1967 last meeting but that doesn't mean sheeeeiit.
Yes that should settle this.  Does anybody know?