Author Topic: So.. Next Year...  (Read 20718 times)

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
So.. Next Year...
« on: November 29, 2011, 08:46:48 AM »
Who do we have redshirt/greyshirting that will have an impact next year?  Sam Harvil- is he still around?  Ian Seau? Anyone know who is tearing up the scout team?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: So.. Next Year...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 08:49:53 AM »
Who do we have redshirt/greyshirting that will have an impact next year?  Sam Harvil- is he still around?  Ian Seau? Anyone know who is tearing up the scout team?

Daniel Sams

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 08:50:30 AM »

Daniel Sams

Daniel Sams

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 08:55:59 AM »
Who do we have redshirt/greyshirting that will have an impact next year?  Sam Harvil- is he still around?  Ian Seau? Anyone know who is tearing up the scout team?

Daniel Sams

Daniel Sams

Daniel Sams

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 08:56:34 AM »
Daniel Sams and little baby Klein

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 09:09:49 AM »

and hopefully baby Lockett will be able to fully recover

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 09:13:26 AM »
There's a future NFLer that red-shirted and he's not listed in this thread (yet).

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 09:14:50 AM »
There's a future NFLer that red-shirted and he's not listed in this thread (yet).

:confused:

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 09:15:52 AM »

also Tate.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 09:16:39 AM »

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 09:16:49 AM »
   Burns/Locket Return men? :dunno:

Offline oneeyedwillie

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 09:30:50 AM »
Gronkowski?

Offline colsanders718

• Fan
  • EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 09:42:13 AM »
So whats the deal with DeMarcus Robinson? wasn't he some kinda 4 star stud or something?

just trying to figure out when we can expect to see a running back that knows how to hit a hole and run downhill instead of stuttering around the line of scrimmage till they get plowed like "insert all our RBs here"

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 09:47:46 AM »
So will Harvil or Seau make an impact next year?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 09:48:17 AM »
So whats the deal with DeMarcus Robinson? wasn't he some kinda 4 star stud or something?

just trying to figure out when we can expect to see a running back that knows how to hit a hole and run downhill instead of stuttering around the line of scrimmage till they get plowed like "insert all our RBs here"

Hubert isn't nearly as bad as you are making him out to be. I'm sure your complaint is based on some of the outside zone runs and stretch reads where Hubert stays outside, but its likely he's actually taught to be patient in those situations. That's what you do on outside zone blocking schemes as a back. But when Hubert is asked to run inside zone or power lead, he does a good job of running downhill. The problem is he is small; a 180# back can only do so much between the tackles. This is where we are really lacking a bigger back (like Pease or Brown) to use in inside zone/power situations. Hubert makes the most of what he has; he's got decent speed and explosiveness, but he isn't going to make a ton of plays on his own, plus he's been really banged up the last couple of weeks along with Klein.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 09:51:38 AM »
Sorry guys I was looking for some more insidery info on this stuff. Any insidery guys want to comment?

Offline colsanders718

• Fan
  • EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 09:53:57 AM »

Hubert isn't nearly as bad as you are making him out to be. I'm sure your complaint is based on some of the outside zone runs and stretch reads where Hubert stays outside, but its likely he's actually taught to be patient in those situations. That's what you do on outside zone blocking schemes as a back. But when Hubert is asked to run inside zone or power lead, he does a good job of running downhill. The problem is he is small; a 180# back can only do so much between the tackles. This is where we are really lacking a bigger back (like Pease or Brown) to use in inside zone/power situations. Hubert makes the most of what he has; he's got decent speed and explosiveness, but he isn't going to make a ton of plays on his own, plus he's been really banged up the last couple of weeks along with Klein.

Noted. So when can we expect to see them put Pease in on power runs so we actually have some power? Guess you cant blame Hubert for being small. I'm just a fan of a good power run to abuse the other team and hate to see Klein get his head smashed in because he's the only guy we have that can run with any authority

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 09:56:17 AM »
Noted. So when can we expect to see them put Pease in on power runs so we actually have some power? Guess you cant blame Hubert for being small. I'm just a fan of a good power run to abuse the other team and hate to see Klein get his head smashed in because he's the only guy we have that can run with any authority

I've been wondering the same thing all season. Pease was dinged pretty good early in the season, so its possible that is why he has been limited to only Wildcat runs. For next year addressing this need in recruiting should be an area of emphasis or finding a way to get Pease more involved in the power running game. (or getting Brown back on board)

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 10:01:45 AM »

I've been wondering the same thing all season. Pease was dinged pretty good early in the season, so its possible that is why he has been limited to only Wildcat runs. For next year addressing this need in recruiting should be an area of emphasis or finding a way to get Pease more involved in the power running game. (or getting Brown back on board)
:love:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 10:05:08 AM »
Goose

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 10:22:35 AM »
klein/babyklein/babylockett/sams/babynfltightend/babysnyder

#teamksucats

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 10:50:53 AM »
Sorry guys I was looking for some more insidery info on this stuff. Any insidery guys want to comment?

One of my former roommates is a manager:

1. Daniel Sams is amazing. Literally will be fighting hard for the starting position next year and is already second string this year.
2. Bryce Brown is absolutely "planning" on coming back next year.
3. Kyle Klein is as fast is his bro.
4. Chris Harper is really good looking and funny.
5. Team is really close; good overall unity ATM.
6. Says Sexton could be back for the bowl game, which means he won't be.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 10:52:20 AM »
1. Sams....... already second string this year.

nope

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 11:02:56 AM »

1. Daniel Sams is amazing. Literally will be fighting hard for the starting position next year and is already second string this year.

Wrong, wrong and questionable.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2011, 11:11:58 AM »

I can see how Sams maybe would have had the redshirt pulled if Klein got hurt in like week 6, but there is no way he is second string now.  If all our other quarterbacks died against ISU I think we'd force Pease or anyone else to play QB before we'd burn Sams' shirt.
:adios: