Author Topic: Gill fired/KU coach search/Weiss master thread  (Read 332643 times)

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Re: Gill fired/KU coach search/Weiss master thread
« Reply #1825 on: December 11, 2011, 05:55:46 AM »
Brantley was injured halfway through the season and Florida's o-line is trash.  Weis got out of there just in time.  Muschamp will be on the hot seat in a year or two and Florida will be looking for a new head coach.

I got the impression from the Muschamp interviews that Muschamp was not all that sad to see Weis go.  Florida, offensively, can go lower than 102 (see 120 in defense for ku), but don't see Florida staying that low.  On the other hand, I can see ku staying that low.

HA – Kansas – the only place Jabba the Weis can go and look like the skinny coach!!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 06:26:59 AM by deputy dawg »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: December 11, 2011, 07:45:37 AM »
Four Super Bowl rings.  Belichick.  Parcells.  Weis. 

Elite. 

Oh man, Parcells coaching tree.  I'm stroking my goatee with pride hearing those words again.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: December 11, 2011, 08:23:12 AM »
so far, the biggest reported positive is that he's been humbled by sucking, which is actually a negative, and apparently somehow significant here.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: December 11, 2011, 09:07:35 AM »
everytime he talks he gives the same k-state super bowl speech  :frown:
:excited:

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
Re: Weis: 2 BCS Bowls - Snyder: 1 BCS Bowl
« Reply #1829 on: December 11, 2011, 09:26:37 AM »
beems:  records and stats are irrelevant unless they allow me to almost make a point.

So the last 4 years of coaching on the college level . . . 16 and 21 at Notre Dame, and lead Florida to one of their worst offensive showings in decades.

Actually, stastically, their worst.  In the history of the program in the modern football era.

Yeah, I watched a lot of Florida games, and basically observed that they didn't have the first clue as to what they were doing offensively.   It was a train wreck.

Florida is terrible this year.  Urban Meyer left the cupboard bare.   Weis' offense seemed to work pretty well for the Chiefs and Matt Cassel. 

Urban had the #3 rated recruiting class in 08, #11, in 09, #2 in 2010, and UofF had #12 in 2011.  That's 4 years of top 15.  What cupboard are you looking in Beems?
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: December 11, 2011, 09:45:10 AM »
lol at him rambling about his daughter for 5 minutes.
its nice to know the University of Kansas offered free plane rides to his handicapped daughter in order for him to take the job.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: December 11, 2011, 09:57:03 AM »
Just listened to the entire podcast on KU Sports of his presser, and interview.
First thought that comes to mind: Not once did he even come close to saying that KU is a great opportunity to win. All he talks about is that it is a great opportunity to coach and keep his family happy ($$$) and be financially able to retire.
What a jackass and what an embarrassing hire.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: December 11, 2011, 09:58:32 AM »
lmao
"F*ck you, KU. I hope you lose to KSU for 75 years"
-KU Hawks28
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: December 11, 2011, 11:15:07 AM »
beems:  records and stats are irrelevant unless they allow me to almost make a point.

So the last 4 years of coaching on the college level . . . 16 and 21 at Notre Dame, and lead Florida to one of their worst offensive showings in decades.

Actually, stastically, their worst.  In the history of the program in the modern football era.

Yeah, I watched a lot of Florida games, and basically observed that they didn't have the first clue as to what they were doing offensively.   It was a train wreck.

Florida is terrible this year.  Urban Meyer left the cupboard bare.   Weis' offense seemed to work pretty well for the Chiefs and Matt Cassel. 

Urban had the #3 rated recruiting class in 08, #11, in 09, #2 in 2010, and UofF had #12 in 2011.  That's 4 years of top 15.  What cupboard are you looking in Beems?

Pwned

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: December 11, 2011, 02:05:28 PM »
Beems, you just aren't being honest with yourself or anyone else if you don't at least accept there's a possibility that he's just collecting one last big paycheck before he retires to Florida and doesn't really give a eff how successful he is.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: December 11, 2011, 02:10:44 PM »

I'm looking at the QB and o-line situation, and it's pretty average for an SEC program.   BITB had a Florida football guru on the other day and he said the exact same thing. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: December 11, 2011, 02:22:36 PM »
Beems, you just aren't being honest with yourself or anyone else if you don't at least accept there's a possibility that he's just collecting one last big paycheck before he retires to Florida and doesn't really give a eff how successful he is.

That's certainly possible. 

:dunno:

No. He has reached very high levels of success within the profession. You don't achieve that without having an extreme amount of pride about what you are doing and being very competitive. No chance he doesn't care whether or not he has success at KU.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: December 11, 2011, 02:37:49 PM »

No. He has reached very high levels of success within the profession. You don't achieve that without having an extreme amount of pride about what you are doing and being very competitive. No chance he doesn't care whether or not he has success at KU.

So I can assume you weren't in the camp that thought Snyder was coming back for selfish reasons and didn't really care about winning as much as he once did?
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: December 11, 2011, 03:33:47 PM »

So I can assume you weren't in the camp that thought Snyder was coming back for selfish reasons and didn't really care about winning as much as he once did?

I think it's more likely that Weis wants to prove that he can be successful as a head coach, and he saw an opportunity to build his own program at KU.  Crazy stuff... I know.   

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: December 11, 2011, 03:43:20 PM »

Yes, you can assume that.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: December 11, 2011, 04:42:20 PM »
So Weis says that his family is extremely tight and has a challenged daughter, and the next thing he does is move away from his wife and young daughter? Kinda odd thing to do. :dunno:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: December 11, 2011, 04:44:43 PM »
So Weis says that his family is extremely tight and has a challenged daughter, and the next thing he does is move away from his wife and young daughter? Kinda odd thing to do. :dunno:

sounds like he might be full of crap.  I don't know though.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: December 11, 2011, 04:47:24 PM »
They took a family vote dumbasses.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: December 11, 2011, 04:53:29 PM »
They took a family vote dumbasses.

Well then I'm glad I didn't rush to judgement, it sounds like he is doing exactly what his family wants.  Good for him.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: December 11, 2011, 04:55:20 PM »
It is true, Weis will have the opportunity to redeem his less than stellar run as a college coach.   Fired at Notre Dame . . . pretty much told to pursue other opportunities by Florida.

Pretty sad when a guy can't do anything at all with "mediocre" SEC talent derived from 6 straight Top 12 recruiting classes.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: December 11, 2011, 05:16:06 PM »
Probably the most lucid Ben post ever.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: December 11, 2011, 05:19:32 PM »
It is true, Weis will have the opportunity to redeem his less than stellar run as a college coach.   Fired at Notre Dame . . . pretty much told to pursue other opportunities by Florida.

Pretty sad when a guy can't do anything at all with "mediocre" SEC talent derived from 6 straight Top 12 recruiting classes.

Okay, 'Pad...  Here you go:

The only reason Florida sucked this year was because of Charlie Weis.  His first two years at Notre Dame were a total fluke and the only reason he won was because he had Willingham's recruits.   Nothing he did in the NFL matters because the NFL doesn't translate to college football.  It was a terrible desperation hire by KU, and we should just drop our football program altogether.  KU sucks.

Epiphany.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: December 11, 2011, 05:23:06 PM »

Okay, 'Pad...  Here you go:

The only reason Florida sucked this year was because of Charlie Weis.  His first two years at Notre Dame were a total fluke and the only reason he won was because he had Willingham's recruits.   Nothing he did in the NFL matters because the NFL doesn't translate to college football.  It was a terrible desperation hire by KU, and we should just drop our football program altogether.  KU sucks.

Epiphany.

"Epiphi-what?"

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: December 11, 2011, 05:26:56 PM »
I don't enjoy this board anymore.  Too many powertards and haters around here these days.  I know I always say this, but I think I'm finally done with it.  Good luck in the Cotton Bowl.

:embarrassed:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: December 11, 2011, 05:27:10 PM »
I don't enjoy this board anymore.  Too many powertards and haters around here these days.  I know I always say this, but I think I'm finally done with it.  Good luck in the Cotton Bowl.

weird.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles