Author Topic: Gill fired/KU coach search/Weiss master thread  (Read 328145 times)

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Gill fired
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2011, 05:20:24 PM »
In reality, how hard is Turner partying right now?  Escapes that job WITH $6million!?  I mean....win/win

and his life.  you forgot that part.  presumably wife & kids, too?

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2011, 05:20:42 PM »
In reality, how hard is Turner partying right now?  Escapes that job WITH $6million!?  I mean....win/win

Wonder how much they'll pay the next person? I'm sure it will be worth it though... :lol: :lol:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2011, 05:22:33 PM »
Curious if Leavitt would be interested in a job that requires him to get his crap pushed in by Snyder once a year?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2011, 05:22:53 PM »
Dude only had to spend 2 years in Lawrentucky facing constant "comments" and he gets to escape with $6 million in his pocket.

He must be walking on clouds right now.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2011, 05:23:45 PM »
I will choose to celebrate TG's emancipation along with 6million acres and a mule.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2011, 05:23:58 PM »
Leach isn't going to ku. He's on record saying he wants to coach somewhere that the fans and administration cares about football. ku has neither.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2011, 05:24:35 PM »
Not sure why people are stupid enough to think Leavitt would come back to college anytime soon. Especially to a school that forced out their best coach and fired his predecessor after an unprecedented 2 years. Jim doesn't exactly have great memories of college AD's.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2011, 05:28:41 PM »
kkwhb kevin kietzman
Right or wrong, Zenger let all his people in Manhattan know, as I said on air weeks ago.

:eek:

kkwhb kevin kietzman
Zenger made up his mind on Gill after KSU game. It was over then and Gill was going to have to do something ... tmi.me/iKehK

Wow.

Cheyenne Zulu is something else.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2011, 05:28:56 PM »
Not sure why people are stupid enough to think Leavitt would come back to college anytime soon. Especially to a school that forced out their best coach and fired his predecessor after an unprecedented 2 years. Jim doesn't exactly have great memories of college AD's.

ego + $$ = will take crappy ku job

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2011, 05:32:26 PM »
LifeofFitz Tim Fitzgerald
I doubt it. He's a major college football coach. RT @BigEMAW: SUE HIM!! RT @KansasSports: Hey @LifeofFitz... is it Patterson?! #kufball

:lol:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2011, 05:33:01 PM »
Leach will do great at Arizona State.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2011, 05:33:58 PM »
bet they hire Diaz

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2011, 05:35:49 PM »
Serious question:  Will BGL let Harbaugh coach the 49'ers in the playoffs or make him come right away?  could be important.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2011, 05:38:24 PM »
Very sorry to hear this news.

The Turner Gill era.  We hardly new ye.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2011, 05:38:46 PM »
Gill beat KU while he was a player at Nebraska, he continued to beat them as a coach at KU.

Dude is a winner.   :thumbs:

catzacker

« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2011, 05:57:49 PM »
Can someone answer why Mike Leach wouldn't take this job?  You haven't heard mike's name in any job openings or potential job openings.  Like, not at all.  He's had success, good success in a difficult division, yet he isn't geting a sniff? KU can get their bob huggins. 

Offline gokatgo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2011, 06:01:58 PM »
Can someone answer why Mike Leach wouldn't take this job?  You haven't heard mike's name in any job openings or potential job openings.  Like, not at all.  He's had success, good success in a difficult division, yet he isn't geting a sniff? KU can get their bob huggins. 

maryland almost hired him last year

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2011, 06:01:58 PM »
Zackers right, leach would come to KU. The mizzou loss really took the TSC out of this place.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2011, 06:02:41 PM »

He would take it.  But I doubt BGL is going to allow him to be hired considering he got fired for the exact same thing as Mangino

catzacker

« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2011, 06:05:22 PM »

He would take it.  But I doubt BGL is going to allow him to be hired considering he got fired for the exact same thing as Mangino

BS.  She's going to do what the big donors want her to do.  She's going to do what will make sure her university doesn't lose money in football.  If KSU can hire Bob Huggins, KU can hire Mike Leach.  They would be absolutely stupid not to.  I mean, like, more incredibly stupid than allowing Lew to give Turner 6M. 

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2011, 06:07:09 PM »

BS.  She's going to do what the big donors want her to do.  She's going to do what will make sure her university doesn't lose money in football.  If KSU can hire Bob Huggins, KU can hire Mike Leach.  They would be absolutely stupid not to.  I mean, like, more incredibly stupid than allowing Lew to give Turner 6M. 

BGL doesn't care, she isn't hiring him.  He has a problem with authority and that crap doesn't fly at KU.  KU is a lot more uppity than we are.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »
zacker is forgetting the fact that BGL couldn't give two fucks about athletics.

catzacker

« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2011, 06:10:44 PM »

BGL doesn't care, she isn't hiring him.  He has a problem with authority and that crap doesn't fly at KU.  KU is a lot more uppity than we are.

KU has a problem with winning, Mike Leach can solve that.  You think if Bill wanted solid gold toilets in Allen he couldn't get it?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2011, 06:11:00 PM »
Looks like the replacement will be Leach, Leavitt, or Mark Stoops.  It's a great day to be a Jayhawk!  Rock chalk!
These are all K State has beens, except for Leavitt.  They are way too mean for Jayhawks.   :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2011, 06:13:01 PM »
Doesn't Leach still have lawsuits pending against ESPN and (Big 12 conference member) Tech?  That seems like a pretty big obstacle.