Author Topic: #kstatedefensemvp  (Read 4613 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
#kstatedefensemvp
« on: November 19, 2011, 10:24:30 PM »
This team is absolutely crazy.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline k-state87

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: #kstatedefensemvp
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 10:25:31 PM »
Yep Defense won the game.

:lynchmob:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 10:26:01 PM »
whoever caught their rb on that breakaway won the game for us.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 10:26:51 PM »
For the second game in a row, running down a back with nothing put turf in front of him saves the game.

Offline BleedingPurple7

• Fan
  • The nearest exit may be behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 10:26:56 PM »
Damn sure wasn't our offense

catzacker

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 10:28:28 PM »
It's really weird watching our team against teams like OU, A&M, UT...I mean, you can actually see the athletic difference up and down the lineup, but we still, like, win (ya know, except OU).  I mean, we've got Voelker and Mueller out there rushing the passer....UT's got Ocho or whatever and that LB that kept destroying Klein.  It's absurd.  

Offline Breakfast

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 10:28:47 PM »
Lamur and Walker were really good tonight

Offline bigwilliestyle1407

• Combo-Fan
  • "when the eff did we get ice cream?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 10:28:56 PM »
whoever caught their rb on that breakaway won the game for us.

Malone coming up big again
"Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
 John Wooden

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 10:30:26 PM »
Thought the play calling was extremely bland against 9-10 in the box... we were determined to try and run. Put the D in the position to have to hold UT off for the win IMO. However, give UT credit, they played fast and hard on D as well.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 10:34:47 PM »
Thought the play calling was extremely bland against 9-10 in the box... we were determined to try and run. Put the D in the position to have to hold UT off for the win IMO. However, give UT credit, they played fast and hard on D as well.

Agree. I mean, I get Snyder being conservative, but at some level you've got to take a chance.

But we won, we are 9-2, and we have a shot at sharing a Big 12 title. I can't complain outside the 2nd half vs OU.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 10:38:20 PM »

Agree. I mean, I get Snyder being conservative, but at some level you've got to take a chance.

But we won, we are 9-2, and we have a shot at sharing a Big 12 title. I can't complain outside the 2nd half vs OU.

We did take a couple shots.  We missed them.  Klein also got sacked on a few throws.  We started to throw some screens and had moderate success.  I think a couple more long throws would've worked, but Collin did throw a TD pass.  It was extremely unlikely Snyds was going to throw as much as the A&M game because they were getting pressure on Klein, it was on the road, we had a lead, yadda yadda yadda.

Offline bigwilliestyle1407

• Combo-Fan
  • "when the eff did we get ice cream?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 10:38:54 PM »
I can't really complain about anything we've blown any and all expectation out of the water.... very proud of this team... :lynchmob:
"Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
 John Wooden

catzacker

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 10:39:41 PM »
I thought the playcalling was just fine considering UT's offense is awful. I mean, we dropped klein back and he got destroyed (mostly) in the first half.  And Klein missed a couple deep balls.  Just one of those games.  When the Zombie isn't working, it's an off day.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 10:40:04 PM »

it really is amazing and i'm not complaining, but i'd love to see a breakdown of every first down hubert run. i bet he averages a yard or less over the past two games. i mean, why bother?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 10:40:39 PM »
ut's offense is tragic.  we have the same defense we've had all year.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 10:41:14 PM »
I thought the playcalling was just fine considering UT's offense is awful. I mean, we dropped klein back and he got destroyed (mostly) in the first half.  And Klein missed a couple deep balls.  Just one of those games.  When the Zombie isn't working, it's an off day.

True. I get it. Snyder plays to win the game.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 10:42:28 PM »
ut's offense is tragic.  we have the same defense we've had all year.

This is very true.  1 sack.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 10:47:23 PM »
It's really weird watching our team against teams like OU, A&M, UT...I mean, you can actually see the athletic difference up and down the lineup, but we still, like, win (ya know, except OU).  I mean, we've got Voelker and Mueller out there rushing the passer....UT's got Ocho or whatever and that LB that kept destroying Klein.  It's absurd. 

This is kind of where I'm at.

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2011, 10:48:48 PM »
Not starting an argument... just couldn't believe we stuck w/ those plays when they literally had 10 or 11 in the box... also, very surprised by the option calls instead of qb sneak when we were 1st and goal at the 2. Wondered if we were trying to protect Klein from some hits.

Oh well -- great win once again. Very very happy This has to be killing the UT fans/players. Their hate of us is awesome and has to be bordering on epic.

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2011, 10:50:43 PM »
It's really weird watching our team against teams like OU, A&M, UT...I mean, you can actually see the athletic difference up and down the lineup, but we still, like, win (ya know, except OU).  I mean, we've got Voelker and Mueller out there rushing the passer....UT's got Ocho or whatever and that LB that kept destroying Klein.  It's absurd. 

This is kind of where I'm at.

Complete agreement. TX athleticism and speed on D was quite impressive. Just more magic. Ton of fun.  :moreira:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2011, 10:53:01 PM »
38 rushing yds on 39 attempts. How many games have been won with that stat.

Our rushing game was totally unimaginative and horrible to look at.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2011, 11:52:52 PM »
Lamur and Walker were really good tonight
Lamurs best game. Great time to have it

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2011, 12:42:43 AM »

Was it him that completely effed up and let the TE release free for that PA TD?  I mean our safety's are so slow to recognize what a play is i figured i'd just scream at Lamur.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2011, 12:43:54 AM »

Was it him that completely effed up and let the TE release free for that PA TD?  I mean our safety's are so slow to recognize what a play is i figured i'd just scream at Lamur.

I'm pretty sure Garrett was supposed to pick him up man if he released. Overall just a great play call.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2011, 12:47:18 AM »
I thought it was somewhat obvious that we were trying to protect Klein from taking hits. It's hard to do when he believes in taking sacks over throwing the ball away, though. Most of the abuse he has taken this season is his fault alone. I still love him, though.