Author Topic: 2-0 is two and o  (Read 16403 times)

catzacker

Re: 2-0 is two and o
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2011, 06:24:47 PM »
I personally find the FHSU's, Loyolas, and Presby's very entertaining. I mean moments like "Buy in or Quit" just make the inevitable late season runs that much more enjoyable. The development over the course of the season is a lot of fun if you let yourself enjoy it. I don't think you will, though. At least now you're admitting you just wanting to see pretty basketball.

I didn't enjoy the post-Beasley year.  I didn't enjoy watching that team develop from an awful team to an average team...which is what this season will be, imo.  

And based on Frank's fondness of running off players, you shouldn't expect his teams to look refined in November, even though it's year five. *Note: Frank's fondness of running off players (and not replacing them with anyone better than a shitty juco) bugs me way more than the way his teams look in November. I mean, he honestly does have a shitload of youth every year (and it's his fault).

This.  My resentment/anger comes from Frank's way of doing things which leads to this sh*t basketball.  He reinvents the f*cking wheel every year, almost by design, which is absurd.  I'm burnt out by it already. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2011, 06:26:43 PM »
yeah, Frank's handling of the roster is nerve wracking

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2011, 06:28:11 PM »
I personally find the FHSU's, Loyolas, and Presby's very entertaining. I mean moments like "Buy in or Quit" just make the inevitable late season runs that much more enjoyable. The development over the course of the season is a lot of fun if you let yourself enjoy it. I don't think you will, though. At least now you're admitting you just wanting to see pretty basketball.

I didn't enjoy the post-Beasley year.  I didn't enjoy watching that team develop from an awful team to an average team...which is what this season will be, imo.  

I enjoyed that season a lot. Going from awful to a top 4 Big 12 finish was great. I would have liked more, but they definitely exceeded expectations.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2011, 06:32:15 PM »

I enjoyed that season a lot. Going from awful to a top 4 Big 12 finish was great. I would have liked more, but they definitely exceeded expectations.

Darren Kent was a joy to watch that year.  What a story.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2011, 06:35:32 PM »
i haven't watched any 2011 cat hoops yet, but it seems to me like the first two games were pretty exciting. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2011, 06:42:33 PM »
I don't attend any, but I make time to watch them. And my time is very valuable. :kstategrad:

Personally, I think it's silly to drive 1.5 hours to watch KSU play a team from the SWAC or DII on a regular basis. Even if they look really really good.

And based on Frank's fondness of running off players, you shouldn't expect his teams to look refined in November, even though it's year five. *Note: Frank's fondness of running off players (and not replacing them with anyone better than a shitty juco) bugs me way more than the way his teams look in November. I mean, he honestly does have a shitload of youth every year (and it's his fault).

you're both kind of right. you guys get that, don't you?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2011, 06:42:55 PM »
yeah, I do.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2011, 06:47:19 PM »
apparently the frankoligists would rather win ugly than just be good and look good.  interesting take, f'ologists, very interesting indeed.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2011, 06:59:54 PM »
you know who looks/wins pretty?  KU.  source: phog.net

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2011, 07:16:14 PM »
very interesting take, steve_gerald

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2011, 07:16:51 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2011, 09:55:53 PM »
yeah, Frank's handling of the roster is nerve wracking

not giving 95 a scholly so he can give one to this James Watson character (especially if it is only a couple of months) was a significant withdraw from my love bank for Frank

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2011, 10:43:34 PM »
I always just kinda look at the early season games against scrub teams as similar to preseason NFL games.  Frank has to get the young/new guys some PT and try to figure out what roles each will play and what rotations he will use.  If Frank did that crap against the Va Techs, Bamas, or GWUs, I'd be pissed but he usually just does it against the UMES types.  I'm not all that worried or surprised by Frank's decisions in November/December.  :dunno:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2011, 11:05:53 PM »
I always just kinda look at the early season games against scrub teams as similar to preseason NFL games.  Frank has to get the young/new guys some PT and try to figure out what roles each will play and what rotations he will use.  If Frank did that crap against the Va Techs, Bamas, or GWUs, I'd be pissed but he usually just does it against the UMES types.  I'm not all that worried or surprised by Frank's decisions in November/December.  :dunno:

Yup, because once we play the good teams, in will come the good players.  Oh wait.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2011, 02:48:32 AM »
Belvis Noland is a crap poster.  Seriously dude shut up about being entertained, no one gives a eff.  It sounds like your problem could be solved by keeping your whiny ass in Kansas City until February.  You not being entertained is your problem, no one elses.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:55:20 AM by MakeItRain »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2011, 02:54:20 AM »
I don't attend any, but I make time to watch them. And my time is very valuable. :kstategrad:

Personally, I think it's silly to drive 1.5 hours to watch KSU play a team from the SWAC or DII on a regular basis. Even if they look really really good.

Yeah, no.  One person is faulting someone else about a personal choice he is making.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2011, 02:55:50 AM »
Belvis Noland is a crap poster.  Seriously dude shut up about being entertained, no one gives a eff.  It sounds like your problem could be solved by keeping your whiny ass in Kansas City until February.  You not being entertained is your problem, no one elses.

you absolutely cannot make posts like this. i get the minority "chip on shoulder" aspect of things, but man.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2011, 06:23:48 AM »
Belvis Noland is a crap poster.  Seriously dude shut up about being entertained, no one gives a eff.  It sounds like your problem could be solved by keeping your whiny ass in Kansas City until February.  You not being entertained is your problem, no one elses.

you absolutely cannot make posts like this. i get the minority "chip on shoulder" aspect of things, but man.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2011, 07:55:52 AM »
Belvis Noland is a crap poster.  Seriously dude shut up about being entertained, no one gives a eff.  It sounds like your problem could be solved by keeping your whiny ass in Kansas City until February.  You not being entertained is your problem, no one elses.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2011, 08:29:15 AM »

Yeah, no.  One person is faulting someone else about a personal choice he is making.

well i don't know about that.

i do know that the game on monday was kind of a snooze fest, which is a point he was trying to make and one that i agree with, so it looks like my orginal statement was correct afterall.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:03:12 AM by rick daris »

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2011, 10:01:16 AM »

Look, I get the internet tough guy meme.  But tough guy doesn't have to be synonomous with dumbass. 

My point is pretty simple.  And if you weren't being intentionally Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), I think you'd probably get it.  I don't expect to win every game.  And I don't think that slow starts will ruin our post-season chances. 

I just think it's possible that we could be better prepared to play basketball in the non-con.  I think that in year 5 of Martin's program, we could and should be a bit more disciplined and fundamentally sound.  And I think a lot of that comes from the coach.   

If you don't want CSU to go on a 25-2 run going into halftime, maybe you should tweak the lineup or the offense.  Maybe a lineup of Jeremy Jones, Martavious Irving, Vic Ojeley, Omare Lawrence, and Thomas Gipson isn't a sensible combination. 

Again, I don't care if we win by 50 points or 5 points.  I just want to watch a good, entertaining game of basketball that is well-played on both ends of the floor.  And, yes, I consider up-tempo, aggressive JYC performances "well-played" basketball.  Just seems, IMO, that quality basketball is a foreign concept in too much of our non-con.  I don't think it has to be this way every year.  I think our teams can be better prepared to perform.  What will our excuse be next year, when we return the entire team?   

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2011, 10:06:03 AM »
Look, I get the internet tough guy meme.  But tough guy doesn't have to be synonomous with dumbass.  

My point is pretty simple.  And if you weren't being intentionally Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), I think you'd probably get it.  I don't expect to win every game.  And I don't think that slow starts will ruin our post-season chances.  

I just think it's possible that we could be better prepared to play basketball in the non-con.  I think that in year 5 of Martin's program, we could and should be a bit more disciplined and fundamentally sound.  And I think a lot of that comes from the coach.    

If you don't want CSU to go on a 25-2 run going into halftime, maybe you should tweak the lineup or the offense.  Maybe a lineup of Jeremy Jones, Martavious Irving, Vic Ojeley, Omare Lawrence, and Thomas Gipson isn't a sensible combination.  

Again, I don't care if we win by 50 points or 5 points.  I just want to watch a good, entertaining game of basketball that is well-played on both ends of the floor.  And, yes, I consider up-tempo, aggressive JYC performances "well-played" basketball.  Just seems, IMO, that quality basketball is a foreign concept in too much of our non-con.  I don't think it has to be this way every year.  I think our teams can be better prepared to perform.  What will our excuse be next year, when we return the entire team?  

I don't disagree with anything you said, but I also don't think Frank is going to change. He's going to throw different guys out there in a lot of these early season games and bad teams will play with us. He's going to take flyers on some his recruits and he uses these to see if they really fit. Now, you'd expect less of this the longer he coaches b/c I'd hope recruits and players have figured Frank out, but I don't know how much you can figure Frank out until you get here and play for him. He's just a very unique coach in how he does things and I think part of his method will often lead to this kind of bad basketball early in seasons. As long as he wins in Jan/Feb/Mar fans will put up with it for the most part.

And odds are we won't return the entire team.

Offline 311Cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2011, 10:36:02 AM »
Look, I get the internet tough guy meme.  But tough guy doesn't have to be synonomous with dumbass. 

My point is pretty simple.  And if you weren't being intentionally Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), I think you'd probably get it.  I don't expect to win every game.  And I don't think that slow starts will ruin our post-season chances. 

I just think it's possible that we could be better prepared to play basketball in the non-con.  I think that in year 5 of Martin's program, we could and should be a bit more disciplined and fundamentally sound.  And I think a lot of that comes from the coach.   

If you don't want CSU to go on a 25-2 run going into halftime, maybe you should tweak the lineup or the offense.  Maybe a lineup of Jeremy Jones, Martavious Irving, Vic Ojeley, Omare Lawrence, and Thomas Gipson isn't a sensible combination. 

Again, I don't care if we win by 50 points or 5 points.  I just want to watch a good, entertaining game of basketball that is well-played on both ends of the floor.  And, yes, I consider up-tempo, aggressive JYC performances "well-played" basketball.  Just seems, IMO, that quality basketball is a foreign concept in too much of our non-con.  I don't think it has to be this way every year.  I think our teams can be better prepared to perform.  What will our excuse be next year, when we return the entire team?   
[/quote]

You know how I know you're Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)?  Because you think our entire team will return next year.  Dumbass

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2011, 10:43:09 AM »
Yeah, as long as we keep getting the roster turn over and as long as Frank prefers the JYC style of play, nothing will change.

I personally like what is going on.  I enjoy watching these tryouts.  I also enjoy the crap out of conf ball under Frank.

Also, can you imagine how bored we would be with a diff coach?  I mean, Frank's macro results have been pretty damn good considering, and we get to watch Frank being Frank which is like having a BB game going on at the same time as a reality TV show.  Pretty fantastic stuff.  That said, I would love more high-'cruits and more wins, but all fan bases can say that.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2011, 10:44:16 AM »
I would also like to say that I have really enjoyed the evolution of "Frank Apologists" throughout this thread.

Great work 'clams.