Author Topic: Mutual interest between KU and Mike Leach  (Read 20378 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Mutual interest between KU and Mike Leach
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2011, 01:05:04 AM »
Would Leach be cool with just keeping the seat warm for Harbaugh? 

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2011, 06:55:47 AM »
He knows where we stand.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2011, 02:22:07 PM »
http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/33194932

Uh oh. Ole Miss in the mix..

On Tuesday Mike Leach told The Commercial Appeal that if Ole Miss is interested in hiring him to replace Nutt, he isn't hard to find.

“I haven’t heard from anybody, but I’m not too hard to find,” Leach told the paper. “It’s a great job. I’m sure the (Ole Miss) administration has a certain individual it is looking for, and I’m sure they’ll find the right guy.”

Offline ReelBigJ

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2011, 02:25:23 PM »
http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/33194932

Uh oh. Ole Miss in the mix..

On Tuesday Mike Leach told The Commercial Appeal that if Ole Miss is interested in hiring him to replace Nutt, he isn't hard to find.

“I haven’t heard from anybody, but I’m not too hard to find,” Leach told the paper. “It’s a great job. I’m sure the (Ole Miss) administration has a certain individual it is looking for, and I’m sure they’ll find the right guy.”

bu bu bu......but there was smoke?   :blah:

Offline Kornheiser

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2011, 02:34:01 PM »

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2011, 02:34:46 PM »
 :dubious:

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2011, 03:33:41 PM »
I'm dreaming of the most awesome meltdown when we find out that Leach went to Ole Miss because Zenger refused to fire Gill before the end of the season and Leach had already shook too many hands down in Mississippi to say no.

It would be banner worthy.  :drink:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2011, 04:11:33 PM »
I would actually prefer Kevin Sumlin out of Houston, but if KU gets Leach, I'll definitely be all  :excited:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2011, 04:14:37 PM »
Ole Miss is a better job.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2011, 04:19:47 PM »

Then why was Houston Nutt interested in leaving it for KU a couple of years ago?

:confused:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2011, 04:23:18 PM »

Then why was Houston Nutt interested in leaving it for KU a couple of years ago?

It's called leverage buddy.  Same reason Harbaugh pretended to be interested in ku. 

ku is like the sprint center every time any NHL or NBA team wants a new arena

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2011, 04:47:08 PM »

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2011, 05:57:19 PM »

It's called leverage buddy.  Same reason Harbaugh pretended to be interested in ku. 

ku is like the sprint center every time any NHL or NBA team wants a new arena

It's strange than Ben can't grasp this, knowing his business acumen and personal wealth.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2011, 06:17:33 PM »
Leach to KU makes perfect sense.  Perfect place to rehab his image in a league he is familar with.  KU has some pretty decent athletes on the offensive side and I'm sure he could recruit a decent QB to come in and play right away.  I have to say I'm pretty jealous, although his shelf life at KU would be as short as TG's.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2011, 06:25:57 PM »
They will throw some defensive staff at it.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2011, 07:16:40 PM »
Leach to KU makes perfect sense.  Perfect place to rehab his image in a league he is familar with.  KU has some pretty decent athletes on the offensive side and I'm sure he could recruit a decent QB to come in and play right away.  I have to say I'm pretty jealous, although his shelf life at KU would be as short as TG's.

Very true.  I can see him having so much success that he leaves after two glorious years at KU and replaces Pinkle at MU who comes under heat for having another 4-7 season.. :lick:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Kornheiser

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2011, 07:35:36 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2011, 11:31:05 PM »
I think Nutt is now available for ku position he just recently laughed at.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2011, 08:18:11 AM »
Calm down, guise.  You know our boy Zulu is going to convince the big money at KU that the next LHC Bill Snyder is...wait for it...SEAN SNYDER!!!  Double whammy for EMAW Zulu.  He helps his beloved alma mater and Sean "rebuilds" the program VERY slowly, but fast enough that donors are like "meh, whatever."  Sean proceeds to win 6 or 7 games most years and does just enough to barely hang on to his job for the next 20 years.

Cheyenne Zulu is an EMAW hero.  He knows what he needs to do.  :thumbsup:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2011, 10:56:21 AM »
Wake me up, I'm dreaming.  Someone devised the ultimate Sean solution.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2011, 11:25:49 AM »

Care to revise?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2011, 11:30:44 AM »
No rough ridin' way Sumlin goes to KU.  No way.  Much brighter future than that.  Wait another season or two until a job at a school that gives a crap and isn't hopelessly flailing opens up.  Seriously, anyone like Sumlin can get a job that isn't a complete rebuild. 

KU's fb team is the equivalent of a full blown crack whore that hasn't even had an intervention yet.  Why would Sumlin want to date that? 

All I am saying is that rehab is gonna be a bitch, and most coaches won't want a part of that unless the money is unreal, or it is a step up that they couldn't get elsewhere at that particular point in their career.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2011, 11:36:08 AM »
No rough ridin' way Sumlin goes to KU.  No way.  Much brighter future than that.  Wait another season or two until a job at a school that gives a crap and isn't hopelessly flailing opens up.  Seriously, anyone like Sumlin can get a job that isn't a complete rebuild. 

KU's fb team is the equivalent of a full blown crack whore that hasn't even had an intervention yet.  Why would Sumlin want to date that? 

All I am saying is that rehab is gonna be a bitch, and most coaches won't want a part of that unless the money is unreal, or it is a step up that they couldn't get elsewhere at that particular point in their career.

Sumlin would go UCLA or ole miss before ku.  He'd stay at Houston before ku.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2011, 11:47:24 AM »

You think KU fans would go for another black head coach?  pffft.  The comments I heard at the Wheel after the K-State game were very telling.  "We got our very own Ron Prince.  We only hired him cause he's black and we wanted to be 'progressive.'"  KU racist hayseeds would riot on the dirt roads if they fired one black guy to hire another one.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2011, 02:05:18 PM »
Just sickening how  :opcat: everyone is over there.  And to have a high school and a brewery that are both named "Free State"?  Please.  GMAFB.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12