Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 251446 times)

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #1900 on: July 30, 2012, 03:04:49 PM »
Yeah, financially punishing football punishes all sports at all schools in the country except maybe a dozen or so.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: July 30, 2012, 03:06:55 PM »
Their strategy of planning a game against Hawaii or something at the end of each regular season could help mitigate the bowl ban. But there's just not a lot of instate talent. And it's easy to see urban Meyer or Brady hoke picking off the best players.

Will the Big 10 let them do this?  It's not like the SEC where they play a late non-con.

I disagree about the talent in PA.  PA is actually a hotbed of talent for college football.  Their current roster is over 50% PA, isn't it.

Big 10's got a Saturday set for their 'ship game.  Penn State knows it won't be playing in it.  They could probably plan a trip to Hawaii that weekend.

Seems like that would be an issue with the Big 10 network, or is it a loop hole if it's a road non-con game?

I don't know what one thing would have to do with the other, but I haven't done any research.  :dunno:

When I played PS2 football with the 'Cats back in the day, I'd routinely schedule games at Hawaii because of the rule at that time that would let that be a bonus game on top of the 11 allowed.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: July 30, 2012, 03:07:50 PM »
I don't like how the NCAA is only punishing Penn State football. Nothing occurred to give Penn State football a competitive advantage, and the coverup was perpetuated by the athletic department, so why not give similar penalties to all Penn State sports? That would make more sense to me.

Because it was the deification of football at Penn State that led to kids continually being raped long after it should've been squashed.

Just for clarification's sake, how long should it take to stop kids from being raped?

After the first hint that your D-Coordinator might be a pedophile.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: July 30, 2012, 03:12:46 PM »
I don't like how the NCAA is only punishing Penn State football. Nothing occurred to give Penn State football a competitive advantage, and the coverup was perpetuated by the athletic department, so why not give similar penalties to all Penn State sports? That would make more sense to me.
The Freeh reports biggest finding was that Joe Paterno personally scuttled the idea to go to the cops.

I thought Joe Paterno coached football? :dunno:

The report outed Paterno as a scumbag, but this goes way beyond Paterno. Regardless of the power Paterno had over the university, it was ultimately the decision of the athletic director and university president to cover this up. The punishment should touch all sports because all sports fall under the umbrella of the AD.

Good point about the $60 million affecting all sports, Rusty.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: July 30, 2012, 03:17:46 PM »
NK, it's sanctioning football (directly) because it was the culture of football at Penn State that was the root of the problem.  The assistant hoops coach wasn't going to be allowed to conduct school-sponsored child rape for nearly a decade, because nobody gives a crap about that team (that we still lost a hoops recruit to :lol:).

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: July 30, 2012, 03:22:27 PM »
NK, it's sanctioning football (directly) because it was the culture of football at Penn State that was the root of the problem.  The assistant hoops coach wasn't going to be allowed to conduct school-sponsored child rape for nearly a decade, because nobody gives a crap about that team (that we still lost a hoops recruit to :lol:).

Yeah, I get that, and I'm probably too far into #burnitdown territory to be fair at this point. I just feel like the entire university should suffer greatly for this, rather than just the football team, even though this situation was created almost solely due to the football team. Hopefully the civil suits provide some level of satisfaction.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #1906 on: July 30, 2012, 03:33:03 PM »
Their strategy of planning a game against Hawaii or something at the end of each regular season could help mitigate the bowl ban. But there's just not a lot of instate talent. And it's easy to see urban Meyer or Brady hoke picking off the best players.

Will the Big 10 let them do this?  It's not like the SEC where they play a late non-con.

I disagree about the talent in PA.  PA is actually a hotbed of talent for college football.  Their current roster is over 50% PA, isn't it.

They have 8 4-stars instate this year per rivals. That's not Kansas bad, but it's not like Ohio (20), Virginia (13), or Louisiana (16). And nothing like Texas (38), California (33) or Florida (51!).

Keeping their current class and current roster will keep them solvent for a few years. But after that group filters out, the talent and depth is gonna take a D1AA dive. If they don't schedule for cupcake wins in the noncon in years 4-7, its hard to see them being bowl eligible.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: July 30, 2012, 10:58:09 PM »
how many 4 stars does alabama have?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: August 01, 2012, 11:52:04 AM »
I know a guy who goes to Penn State and he's always on FB trying to make it not seem as bad as it is. Lately he's really been pimping this USA swimming scandal or whatever.
http://www.wbal.com/article/92453/12/template-story/USA-Swimming-Scandal-Worse-Than-Penn-State
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: August 01, 2012, 11:58:34 AM »

Seven 4s and two 5s.  Kansas has one 4.  Illinois has seven 4s.  Neither have any 5s. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:02:29 PM by Mr Bread »
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: August 01, 2012, 11:59:31 AM »
I know a guy who goes to Penn State and he's always on FB trying to make it not seem as bad as it is. Lately he's really been pimping this USA swimming scandal or whatever.
http://www.wbal.com/article/92453/12/template-story/USA-Swimming-Scandal-Worse-Than-Penn-State

cut and paste his best posts

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: August 01, 2012, 01:32:52 PM »

Seven 4s and two 5s.  Kansas has one 4. Illinois has seven 4s.  Neither have any 5s.
Oh my!
 :D

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: August 01, 2012, 03:04:26 PM »

Seven 4s and two 5s.  Kansas has one 4. Illinois has seven 4s.  Neither have any 5s.
Oh my!

Just think, you'll be smack dab in the middle of all that talent.  Practically swimming in a tepid pool of football studs.  How will you ever focus on your studies, young Dlew?  You better rough ridin' buckle down. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: August 01, 2012, 03:05:14 PM »

Time to take down that USA swimming coach statue outside of their huge arena.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: August 01, 2012, 03:12:01 PM »

Time to take down that USA swimming coach statue outside of their huge arena.
:lol: You'll have to do it on a Sunday morning when nobody is expecting it.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: August 01, 2012, 03:16:08 PM »

Oh my!

Just think, you'll be smack dab in the middle of all that talent.  Practically swimming in a tepid pool of football studs.  How will you ever focus on your studies, young Dlew?  You better rough ridin' buckle down.
I don't think football will steal too much of my time with this home schedule:

09/01/12    vs. Western Michigan    MEMORIAL STADIUM   11:00 a.m. CT
09/15/12   vs. Charleston Southern    MEMORIAL STADIUM   11:00 a.m. CT
09/22/12   vs. Louisiana Tech    MEMORIAL STADIUM   7:00 p.m. CT
09/29/12   vs. Penn State (Foundation Day) *    MEMORIAL STADIUM   TBA
10/27/12   vs. Indiana (Homecoming) *    MEMORIAL STADIUM   11:00 a.m. CT
11/10/12   vs. Minnesota (Dad's Day) *    MEMORIAL STADIUM   TBA
11/17/12   vs. Purdue *    MEMORIAL STADIUM   TBA

I mean, just what the hell is that? 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: August 01, 2012, 03:18:40 PM »

Oh my!

is that schedule free with a valid student ID?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: August 01, 2012, 03:24:23 PM »

Oh my!

Winnable home games?  :dunno:  Also, all this talk of 4 stars was regarding indigenous state high school football talent in 2013, not on current college rosters.  Just so we're clear. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: August 01, 2012, 03:25:57 PM »
mt. west programs have a better home schedule than that POS  :sdeek:

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: August 01, 2012, 03:28:18 PM »
Christ, Washburn get's either Pitt State or Northwest.  Saul's got better tix than Dlew.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: August 01, 2012, 03:32:01 PM »
Christ, Washburn get's either Pitt State or Northwest.  Saul's got better tix than Dlew.
FTR, I'm not getting tix.  Just getting 'pak'd at tailgates and going to a game with my family when they come in town. 

I wouldn't think of going to a different game if I have any shot of watching EMAW during.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: August 01, 2012, 03:38:52 PM »
Goddamnit, you guys.  All our best games are away: Arizona State, Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio State.  WTF do you want me to do about it?  I'll write a sternly worded letter to people of importance, but they will pay me no mind.  Just you watch, I'll do it and nothing will come of it.  I'll rough ridin' waste my time for goEMAW schedule elitists, then what?  rough ridin' nothing, that's what.  I might as well go scream at the moon for all the good it'd do me. 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: August 01, 2012, 03:39:50 PM »

Oh my!

I've been to one game there...the band was enjoyable.  I don't know how much has changed with the NCAA's hate for racial mascots.  CHIEEEEEEF!!!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: August 01, 2012, 03:41:00 PM »
If I was there, I'd want to see #TeamOutlaw.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: August 01, 2012, 03:45:24 PM »
If I was there, I'd want to see #TeamOutlaw.

Yeah, it would be like Halloween came a month early.