Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 251303 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #1500 on: July 20, 2012, 01:27:49 PM »
Going to be a great weekend. 

Someone should make up air bubble quotes and hold them above Joe's head like he is saying them.  Then take a bunch of pictures and post them.  Make the air bubble a dry erase board and just do a bunch of quote pics. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: July 20, 2012, 01:33:10 PM »
I saw a report that a group of students is camping out to protect the Joe statue.  Just so we're clear, there is a group of people whose thought process consists of:

Protecting a statue of a pedophile enabler:  Yes!!
Protecting children:  No!!

Bulldoze the statue and their entire stadium.  JFC.

loving paterno doesn't equal loving child rape

no, it equals not minding it.

no it doesn't.  you can like someone and still hate what they did/didn't do.  mob mentality is lol

Nice troll attempt.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: July 20, 2012, 01:37:42 PM »
not trolling.  penn state fans can still love the crap out of joepa and hate the fact that he did nothing to stop child rape. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: July 20, 2012, 01:39:26 PM »
Hitler was actually a pretty good dude.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: July 20, 2012, 02:11:18 PM »
not trolling.  penn state fans can still love the crap out of joepa and hate the fact that he did nothing to stop child rape.

sure, we can often love good people who do bad things.  Probably depends on what the bad thing is, though.  I mean, are we talking about tax fraud or, ya know, kid rape? 

Can Penn State fans still love Sandusky as a coach, but hate his tickle parties? 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: July 20, 2012, 02:16:26 PM »
Do you love Venzy?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: July 20, 2012, 02:24:41 PM »
Do you love Venzy?

I reject that comparo.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: July 20, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
Do you love Venzy?

Venzy has done nothing to make anyone stop loving him. Steve Dave confirmed it on the conspiracy theory thread.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: July 20, 2012, 03:02:08 PM »

sure, we can often love good people who do bad things.  Probably depends on what the bad thing is, though.  I mean, are we talking about tax fraud or, ya know, kid rape? 

Can Penn State fans still love Sandusky as a coach, but hate his tickle parties?

i'm sure someone in his family (his wife?) might still love him and remember good times that didn't involve child rape, but hate the fact that he raped children.   :dunno:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: July 20, 2012, 03:06:50 PM »

i'm sure someone in his family (his wife?) might still love him and remember good times that didn't involve child rape, but hate the fact that he raped children.   :dunno:

But it makes her a huge moron.  so, I was right.  Yay, LSOC wins again.  Chalk it up on the bog board.  Feels good.   :gocho:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: July 20, 2012, 03:13:46 PM »

But it makes her a huge moron.  so, I was right.  Yay, LSOC wins again.  Chalk it up on the bog board.  Feels good.   :gocho:

she isn't a moron for loving her husband and hating that he raped kids.  she'd be a moron if she loved her husband and stood by his side defending him (which she might, i dunno)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: July 20, 2012, 03:28:47 PM »
How awful would it feel that you couldn't turn on your husband so he turned to defenseless boys?  Pretty awful I bet.  As far as I'm concerned this was all her fault.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: July 20, 2012, 03:42:26 PM »

she isn't a moron for loving her husband and hating that he raped kids.  she'd be a moron if she loved her husband and stood by his side defending him (which she might, i dunno)

Do you have a pedo friend/family?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: July 20, 2012, 03:52:43 PM »
How awful would it feel that you couldn't turn on your husband so he turned to defenseless boys?  Pretty awful I bet.  As far as I'm concerned this was all her fault.

She shouldn't beat herself up too much. It's not her fault she wasn't built like a prepubescent boy.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: July 21, 2012, 10:02:16 AM »
The league's response is equally notable for the part of the Chronicle scoop that it didn't refute, the one that claimed Big Ten presidents are currently debating whether to allow Penn State to remain in the conference at all in the wake of the devastating Jerry Sandusky sex scandal. PSU is already facing crippling judgments from the NCAA and the Department of Education for its negligent response to allegations Sandusky was abusing children in the Nittany Lion locker room, including the possibility that the football program will be shut down under the "death penalty." Current language in the 2011-12 Big Ten handbook requires any member that fails to show complete and accurate information during an investigation to "show cause why its membership in the conference should not be suspended or terminated." At the final stage, expulsion would require a vote of at least 70 percent, or eight of twelve member schools.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/19621447

:surprised:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: July 21, 2012, 11:51:59 PM »

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: July 22, 2012, 07:35:21 AM »
They took it down, no riots? Obviously Pen State fans are just bandwagon fans.
RIP Fatty

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: July 22, 2012, 08:12:33 AM »
They took it down, no riots? Obviously Pen State fans are just bandwagon fans.

Worse than the "hold me back" WVU'rs when Buzz Williams dance-mushed their faces.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
People Suck Uppercuts
« Reply #1518 on: July 22, 2012, 08:19:19 AM »
Hey guys!!!! They took the JOEPA statue down? Why does the media not get it? tell me your thoughts!!!!

This is madness. It is just a rough ridin' statue? not a statute. I don't understand how they hope to get past their inability to mettle with child rape by removing a hunk of metal.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: July 22, 2012, 08:21:08 AM »
I can't combo luke/troll now? WTF GUYS!!!!!  :shakesfist:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: July 22, 2012, 08:21:52 AM »
I'm not fanning, no need to consolidate!

Notice I know how to spell guys!

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1521 on: July 22, 2012, 08:22:41 AM »
NCAA handing down unprecedented penalties tomorrow.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: July 22, 2012, 08:23:58 AM »
NCAA handing down unprecedented penalties tomorrow.

Fitting.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #1523 on: July 22, 2012, 08:48:51 AM »
I suspect they are getting kicked out of D1
RIP Fatty

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: July 22, 2012, 09:51:48 AM »
NCAA president Mark Emmert has decided to punish Penn State with severe penalties likely to include a significant loss of scholarships and loss of multiple bowls, a source close to the decision told ESPN's Joe Schad on Sunday morning.

But Penn State will not receive the so-called "death penalty" that would have suspended the program for at least one year, the source said.

The penalties, however, are considered to be so harsh that the death penalty may have been preferable, the source said.

The NCAA will announce "corrective and punitive measures" for Penn State on Monday morning, it said in a statement Sunday. Emmert will reveal the sanctions at 9 a.m. ET in Indianapolis at the organization's headquarters along with Ed Ray, the chairman of the NCAA's executive committee and Oregon State's president, the news release said.

Big Ten Blog

Big Ten ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg and Brian Bennett write about all things Big Ten in the conference blog.

• Blog network: College Football Nation

It is expected the NCAA Division I Board of Directors and/or the NCAA Executive Committee has granted Emmert the authority to punish through non-traditional methods, the source told Schad.

The NCAA is taking unprecedented measures with the decision to penalize Penn State without the due process of a Committee on Infractions hearing.

The NCAA has a system in place in which it conducts its own investigations, issues a notice of allegations and then allows the university 90 days to respond before a hearing is scheduled.

Following the hearing, the Infractions Committee then usually takes a minimum of six weeks but it can last into upwards of a year to issue its findings.

But in the case of Penn State, the NCAA appears to be using the Freeh report -- commissioned by the school's board of trustees -- instead of its own investigation, before handing down sanctions.

The NCAA's announcement will follow a day after Penn State removed Joe Paterno's statue outside Beaver Stadium, a decision that came 10 days after the scathing report by former FBI director Louis J. Freeh found that Paterno, with three other top Penn State administrators, had concealed allegations of child sexual abuse made against former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky.

The Freeh report concluded their motive was to shield the university and its football program from negative publicity.

Information from ESPN.com senior writers Andy Katz and Don Van Natta Jr. was used in this report.

:popcorn:
RIP Fatty