Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 251432 times)

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #1175 on: January 23, 2012, 09:16:28 AM »
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: January 23, 2012, 10:14:49 AM »
I'm fully with Pete on this one.  Small part of his life, but not preventing the rapeyness stuff from happening is a big enough deal to completely tarnish him.  What a piece of crap.
:adios:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: January 23, 2012, 10:31:38 AM »
I personally don't understand how the average sports fan can't step back and evaluate it as NCAA football wins vs Child rape.  We just had a ten win season, are any of those games worth a child rape?  The whole season?  10 or 11 of these seasons put together?  How many wins are valuable enough to equate to one child rape?  What is the ratio? 

Also, all the people saying he did so much more are rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  He won football games.  Any feeling or experience other than that is simply people being happy they were successful and enjoying other things more than they would have thanks to a little bit of that happiness implanting a feeling on something else.  School was fun because I had fun on Saturdays type of thing.   

All the people saying they chose PSU because of Paterno are Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and frankly, probably just lucky they were accepted to any university.  They should have this sense of feeling toward low entrance standards or some state law saying that all retards w/in state boarders can't be turned down by state schools.  JoePa didn't fight for the retards.  How could he be expected to care about retards, he didn't obvs care about kids at all.

This whole thing is silly.  If paterno was a really rough ridin' awesome teacher or janitor at PSU, the entire nation would be begging science to find a way to bring him back so that he could be second on the dirty needle that kills Sandusky.

Seriously though, for all who want to overlook a small few events due to all other actions a person has done, maybe they should apply that to Sandusky?  Couldn't it be said that Jerry didn't rape most of the kids that his large charity helped?  Couldn't you then say that he helped far more than he harmed?  Isn't helping the many worth the sacrifices of the few?  At least in this example you could show something more worthwhile than winning a football game in that the charity provided kids with things they needed(not talking about child rape).  Look, I don't believe this, but just trying to twist an example.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: January 23, 2012, 10:37:45 AM »
I personally don't look at him any different than i did a year ago.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: January 23, 2012, 10:40:08 AM »

I'm assuming you already thought he was a total piece of crap for sticking around only to get the all-time wins record?

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: January 23, 2012, 10:42:12 AM »
I'm fully with Pete on this one.  Small part of his life, but not preventing the rapeyness stuff from happening is a big enough deal to completely tarnish him.  What a piece of crap.

No.  It wasn't a small part of his life.  It was a small window that gave the outside world an accurate glimpse into who he was as a person and what his values were.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: January 23, 2012, 10:42:43 AM »

I'm assuming you already thought he was a total piece of crap for sticking around only to get the all-time wins record?

no.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: January 23, 2012, 10:55:43 AM »

No.  It wasn't a small part of his life.  It was a small window that gave the outside world an accurate glimpse into who he was as a person and what his values were.

:thumbs:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: January 23, 2012, 11:16:16 AM »
Quote from:  LHC Bill Snyder
Sharon and I are pained by the loss of Joe Paterno. He and his wife Sue were dear friends and genuinely caring people. Joe’s passion for helping others exceeded even his unparalleled successes on the field. He gave of himself for his state, his community, his university and those within his program. He has and will continue to impact, in a most positive way, the lives of thousands of young men as well as thousands of us who are not so young anymore. He was truly a special person. The immense good that he has done will most certainly live on.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: January 23, 2012, 11:21:10 AM »
Quote from:  LHC LHC Bill Snyder
Sharon and I are pained by the loss of Joe Paterno. He and his wife Sue were dear friends and genuinely caring people. Joe’s passion for helping others exceeded even his unparalleled successes on the field. He gave of himself for his state, his community, his university and those within his program. He has and will continue to impact, in a most positive way, the lives of thousands of young men as well as thousands of us who are not so young anymore. He was truly a special person. The immense good that he has done will most certainly live on.

Could have been worse.  Would rather he STFU but meh.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: January 23, 2012, 11:32:09 AM »

:thumbs:
Good point

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: January 23, 2012, 01:20:58 PM »
Quote from:  LHC Bill Snyder

Very predictable, but still pretty  :facepalm:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: January 23, 2012, 01:53:28 PM »
jesus people, get a grip.  bad judgement (and we all agree that's what it was) doesn't erase a lifetime of positive achievements.

michael jackson molested/raped kids, and every awards show did something special to honor him.  and he was actually the one that touched little boys. 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: January 23, 2012, 01:55:42 PM »
I personally don't understand how the average sports fan can't step back and evaluate it as NCAA football wins vs Child rape.  We just had a ten win season, are any of those games worth a child rape?  The whole season?  10 or 11 of these seasons put together?  How many wins are valuable enough to equate to one child rape?  What is the ratio? 

Also, all the people saying he did so much more are rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  He won football games.  Any feeling or experience other than that is simply people being happy they were successful and enjoying other things more than they would have thanks to a little bit of that happiness implanting a feeling on something else.  School was fun because I had fun on Saturdays type of thing.   

All the people saying they chose PSU because of Paterno are Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and frankly, probably just lucky they were accepted to any university.  They should have this sense of feeling toward low entrance standards or some state law saying that all retards w/in state boarders can't be turned down by state schools.  JoePa didn't fight for the retards.  How could he be expected to care about retards, he didn't obvs care about kids at all.

Paterno was huge for the town's economy in the way LHC Bill Snyder has been for The Hat.  Paterno gave millions to the university to improve its library.  So to say he "just won football games" or whatever is shortsighted.  But the rape thingy is a big bummer, for sure.  And I think you should change the word ratio in your post to "rape-tio".  Good times.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: January 23, 2012, 02:03:07 PM »

Paterno was huge for the town's economy in the way LHC Bill Snyder has been for The Hat.  Paterno gave millions to the university to improve its library.  So to say he "just won football games" or whatever is shortsighted.  But the rape thingy is a big bummer, for sure.  And I think you should change the word ratio in your post to "rape-tio".  Good times.

Agree on personal donations. 

However, the economy thing is still just Joe winning FB games.  He didn't hold special meetings with the chamber of commerce and teach them how to be better merchants or how to sell beer better.  He won football games which in turn increased popularity of the school. 

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: January 23, 2012, 03:00:07 PM »
Someone can do good deeds through donation/charity/etc, but it doesn't make them a good person.  Maybe he saw charity as paying pennants; overcoming guilt whatever or maybe it was something that brought him joy.    What I find interesting, is a persons good deeds are no more anyone's business than a persons short comings & faults.  Yet it's sparking such heated debate and causing supporters to make fools of themselves running out into the streets demanding people to love this man.  What a waste of time.   

I really don't see either the scandal or his charity effecting who he was as a person - either way.   Joepa was a good person in just as many peoples eyes as those that thought he was a crap human being.   Regardless of any ones opinion - he was not capable of being anything more than Joe Paterno. You're welcome to pass judgement, but it will also be passed on you and it won't change anything - or at least it won't unless you're insecure enough to let it.  At the end of the day, all that matters is what Joe Paterno thought of Joe Paterno.

I know if I had to live with the decisions he made, I could never forgive myself and no amount of charity could overcome it.  That would be the Hell that I would have to dwell within.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: January 23, 2012, 03:18:40 PM »
Didn't the guy who raped the kids start this whole charity that helped tons of kids (a lot of whom he probably didn't even rape)?  

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: January 23, 2012, 03:29:38 PM »
Didn't the guy who raped the kids start this whole charity that helped tons of kids (a lot of whom he probably didn't even rape)?  

Yes he did.  Start the charity that is.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: January 23, 2012, 03:33:24 PM »

im pretty sure Paterno was the one doing the raping.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: January 23, 2012, 03:36:37 PM »

whatever, the point is that they both helped a ton of people

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: January 23, 2012, 03:45:36 PM »

whatever, the point is that they both helped a ton of people

Helped themselves to a ton of people also.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: February 12, 2012, 08:02:55 AM »
If Joe paterno had made thriller maybe I could look past it. But he didn't.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: February 12, 2012, 10:18:19 AM »
http://deadspin.com/5884192/

Get the hell out of her driveway, dipshit.  It would have been hilarious if she would have gotten hit.  Does having a camera give you the right to trespass?