Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 251253 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #900 on: November 10, 2011, 08:48:34 PM »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 10, 2011, 09:44:37 PM »
not sure if posted but McQ is not going to be at the game for safety concerns
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 10, 2011, 09:53:21 PM »
Posnanski explains himself...

http://joeposnanski.si.com/2011/11/10/the-end-of-paterno/

Agree or disagree with him, that was a fantastic read from him.

no, it was his same sappy, windy bullshit he's always written. He's a terrible writer, I have no idea why people like him.

dot dot dot

Seriously.

I have an idea as to why people like him. I think it has something to do with most people being total retards.

:thumbs:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 10, 2011, 10:19:43 PM »
and our Chinese overlords have summed this up nicely, make sure you don't miss the fantastic finish

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 10, 2011, 10:38:54 PM »
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 10, 2011, 11:04:32 PM »
Posnanski explains himself...

http://joeposnanski.si.com/2011/11/10/the-end-of-paterno/

Remember that time on KSUFans when Beems started the thread talking about how Joe Pa said KU was really good at football or something even though he was referring to an article by Joe Posnanski and didn't realize it and then everybody destroyed Beems and he deleted his account? Good times.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 10, 2011, 11:12:23 PM »
and our Chinese overlords have summed this up nicely, make sure you don't miss the fantastic finish

omg yes

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 10, 2011, 11:19:00 PM »
Interesting

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/penn_state_board_of_trustees_g.html

Penn State board of trustees 'got it wrong,' says attorney advising Jerry Sandusky's alleged victims

A Harrisburg civil attorney who has been advising some of the alleged victims of former Penn State defensive coach Jerry Sandusky released a statement today about the board of trustees action last night firing coach Joe Paterno.

"The board of trustees got it wrong. They should have consulted the victims before making a decision on Mr. Paterno," Ben Andreozzi said. "They should have considered these victims watch TV and are aware of the students' reaction and may not want to be associated with the downfall of Mr. Paterno. The school instead elected to do what it felt was in its own best interest at the time. Isn’t that what put the school in this position in the first place?"

Andreozzi is working with Let Go Let Peace Come In, an organization providing services to child sex abuse victims, which is offering free counseling to the alleged victims. 

"The way the Board reached its decision raises more concerns than the decision itself.  There is no indication the Board considered the impact of the decision on the abuse victims," Andreozzi continued. "The school let the victims down once, and I think they owed it to the victims to at least gauge how the immediate termination decision would impact them as opposed to Mr. Paterno's resignation at the end of the year.  These victims do not live in a bubble.

"They see the students reaction to the termination, and to think this does not weigh on their minds would be naive."

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 10, 2011, 11:34:29 PM »
The most disgusting part of this isn't that Joe Pa continued to let that guy cruise around his football program after he knew that he mumped kids, but that they could have literally prevented the rape of additional kids between 2002 and today.  The last documented incident with a different kid was in 2009.

Joe Pa, in his statements, admitted that the GA who witnessed the event was shaken up pretty bad...and Joe Pa has the gall to say that he didn't know the exact nature of the allegation?  What, like if the dude had been playing a game of "just the tip" or some crap, it would have been permissible to let the pervert use your football program to entertain children?  GMAFB. 

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 10, 2011, 11:41:38 PM »
Interesting

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/penn_state_board_of_trustees_g.html

Didn't even consider that angle, but it's definitely an interesting take.  Seems like it would be a little weird though.

In that scenario the trustees could either let him coach and pretend it's their own decision creating all sorts of trouble especially traveling to other venues, or let him coach saying it was the decision of the victims, some of which were only victims because he didn't speak up.  In my opinion they should of asked and then said at the press conference that even though the victims wanted Joe to finish the season for the PSU fans, for safety (legal?) reasons it has to be done now.

I'm sure after seeing that violence last night, there are plenty of victims that are even less likely to speak up now.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 10, 2011, 11:55:22 PM »
Interesting

Didn't even consider that angle, but it's definitely an interesting take.  Seems like it would be a little weird though.

In that scenario the trustees could either let him coach and pretend it's their own decision creating all sorts of trouble especially traveling to other venues, or let him coach saying it was the decision of the victims, some of which were only victims because he didn't speak up.  In my opinion they should of asked and then said at the press conference that even though the victims wanted Joe to finish the season for the PSU fans, for safety (legal?) reasons it has to be done now.

I'm sure after seeing that violence last night, there are plenty of victims that are even less likely to speak up now.
for everyone' sake I think if you are going to actually take the step to fire him do it after this week.

Number one, it doesn't skew the story line to how he was fired and the timing.  It allows 'all the facts to come out' so no one can second guess the action as being too quick or a continuation of a vendetta. 

It allows the story to shift back to getting the victims help, which it is just only now maybe, possibly doing.

It shifts the story to Sandusky instead of anyone else right or wrong. 

The BOT can say the moved swiftly because they acted before the end of the season, while looking reserved because they didn't have a knee jerk reaction. 

Look at the reaction from the students.  their number one and two targets were the media seemingly blaming everything on Joe Pa and the admin for their knee jerk reaction.  You completely hedge against the violent reaction.  The BOT should have fired everyone who has charges against them, like they did yesterday. 

Finally Joe Pa can be removed and not 'retired' to save face for the university but you also hedge the reaction to the reaction.  He can go off with a final memory being a game rather than his failings as a person, at that point the BOT is now insulated against any kick back.  They can say they let the system work, and didn't shift the attention back to themselves being hasty.  The BOT can control the narrative rather than the angry fans.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 11, 2011, 05:07:17 AM »
Interesting

for everyone' sake I think if you are going to actually take the step to fire him do it after this week.

Number one, it doesn't skew the story line to how he was fired and the timing.  It allows 'all the facts to come out' so no one can second guess the action as being too quick or a continuation of a vendetta. 

It allows the story to shift back to getting the victims help, which it is just only now maybe, possibly doing.

It shifts the story to Sandusky instead of anyone else right or wrong. 

The BOT can say the moved swiftly because they acted before the end of the season, while looking reserved because they didn't have a knee jerk reaction. 

Look at the reaction from the students.  their number one and two targets were the media seemingly blaming everything on Joe Pa and the admin for their knee jerk reaction.  You completely hedge against the violent reaction.  The BOT should have fired everyone who has charges against them, like they did yesterday. 

Finally Joe Pa can be removed and not 'retired' to save face for the university but you also hedge the reaction to the reaction.  He can go off with a final memory being a game rather than his failings as a person, at that point the BOT is now insulated against any kick back.  They can say they let the system work, and didn't shift the attention back to themselves being hasty.  The BOT can control the narrative rather than the angry fans.

Seems pretty sensible.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 11, 2011, 08:03:45 AM »
JFC people this is a civil attorney representing the victims. He's going to say whatever he can to help make the university look bad.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 11, 2011, 08:24:37 AM »
JFC people this is a civil attorney representing the victims. He's going to say whatever he can to help make the university look bad.

While that's true, most people don't think about the guilt the victims feel.  Most of them think it's their fault somehow.  So he's right that adding a riot to their list of things to feel guilty about is something to consider.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: November 11, 2011, 08:43:28 AM »

While that's true, most people don't think about the guilt the victims feel.  Most of them think it's their fault somehow.  So he's right that adding a riot to their list of things to feel guilty about is something to consider.

If you know anything about attorneys, you would understand that had PSU let Paterno coach the remaining games, they would have issued a statement about how "insensitive" PSU was to the victims of the case and how "deplorable" it is that they allowed him to remain employed and on the sidelines.  He's a rough ridin' attorney, a half a step above Sandusky.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 11, 2011, 08:49:19 AM »

Extend this guy's argument to its logical conclusion and no one ever gets arrested in the whole thing. It's nothing more than pandering. This guy doesn't give a crap about the victims, only that they're going to make him insanely rich.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 11, 2011, 09:01:17 AM »

Extend this guy's argument to its logical conclusion and no one ever gets arrested in the whole thing. It's nothing more than pandering. This guy doesn't give a crap about the victims, only that they're going to make him insanely rich.

06wildcat is correct

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 11, 2011, 09:06:59 AM »

If you know anything about attorneys, you would understand that had PSU let Paterno coach the remaining games, they would have issued a statement about how "insensitive" PSU was to the victims of the case and how "deplorable" it is that they allowed him to remain employed and on the sidelines.  He's a rough ridin' attorney, a half a step above Sandusky.

:sdeek:

I hope BSAC isn't reading this thread. 

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 11, 2011, 09:16:49 AM »
"Andreozzi is working with Let Go Let Peace Come In, an organization providing services to child sex abuse victims, which is offering free counseling to the alleged victims."

:confused:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 11, 2011, 09:20:43 AM »

Who is the civil atty?  I hope he has a big truck to haul all his money.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 11, 2011, 09:20:56 AM »
"Andreozzi is working with Let Go Let Peace Come In, an organization providing services to child sex abuse victims, which is offering free counseling to the alleged victims."

what don't you understand?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 11, 2011, 09:22:20 AM »

Who is the civil atty?  I hope he has a big truck to haul all his money.

This youngster

Interestingly, he's a Penn State Law grad.  Conflict?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 11, 2011, 09:28:23 AM »

what don't you understand?

Got the name, wondering if there anything else.  I'm in Houston chasing this Tannehill story (Houston Methodist) so I can't look up a ton of stuff.

That dude is going to be rich.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 11, 2011, 11:07:50 AM »
http://www.lockhaven.com/page/content.detail/id/506088/A-wealth-of-knowledge.html

:sdeek:

"In addition, The Second Mile continues to succeed. It has nine programs that touches well over 100,000 kids in all counties of the state."
 :barf:

"He stands for everything that is right in life. There's so much more to him than the game of football. I refer to him as Saint Jerry because I have so much respect for him."
 :flush:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:18:08 AM by LickNeckey »