Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 251436 times)

Offline gokatgo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #450 on: November 09, 2011, 09:28:22 AM »
one positive to all of this...Nubb is about to walk into the angriest stadium in the history of mankind 

:chainsaw: :crossfingers: :excited: :lol:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 09, 2011, 09:59:13 AM »
one positive to all of this...Nubb is about to walk into the angriest stadium in the history of mankind 

More like conflicted.  three cheering sections: 1. Nubb, 2. PSU, 3. anti-Joepa

School needs to really think about this.  I mean, his own players and non-involved assistants will most likely react to this similarly to the rest of the nation.  Some will not care, others will have serious concern.

Gotta think that there is serious fracture here.  How do you follow such a flawed leader?

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 09, 2011, 09:59:59 AM »
The winner of this year's Big 10 Championship Game is going to hoist the Stagg Paterno Trophy.  Just think, some lucky university will have to shove some women's field hockey trophies out of the way to make room for their Stagg-Paterno Trophy that will proudly be displayed forever.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 09, 2011, 10:02:33 AM »

More like conflicted.  three cheering sections: 1. Nubb, 2. PSU, 3. anti-Joepa

School needs to really think about this.  I mean, his own players and non-involved assistants will most likely react to this similarly to the rest of the nation.  Some will not care, others will have serious concern.

Gotta think that there is serious fracture here.  How do you follow such a flawed leader?

This was my point.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 09, 2011, 10:11:15 AM »
i was hoping for a messier end to paterno's career.  maybe people won't want him to be able to exit on his own terms.

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 09, 2011, 10:12:03 AM »
The winner of this year's Big 10 Championship Game is going to hoist the Stagg Paterno Trophy.  Just think, some lucky university will have to shove some women's field hockey trophies out of the way to make room for their Stagg-Paterno Trophy that will proudly be displayed forever.

It may just be the Paterno Trophy:  http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/33194788

Amos Alonzo Stagg’s name being attached to the Big Ten football championship trophy may have to be reevaluated if Joe Paterno is found to be “complicit” in the Jerry Sandusky scandal according to Stagg's great grandson.

The hardware for the first Big Ten championship game next month -- the Stagg-Paterno Championship Trophy – has yet to be presented. But Robert Stagg told CBSSports.com on Tuesday that he is concerned about the family’s association if “more disturbing evidence,” is found in the case that has captured national headlines.

“If he [Paterno] has been complicit in this, he’s got to step down,” said Stagg, a 54-year-old father working in sales in Grand Rapids, Mich. “Unfortunately that would be the case.”

Asked specifically if “complicit” meant not going to authorities if Paterno knew a crime had been committed, Stagg said: “If you have knowledge of what’s going on, you have to alert authorities. You can’t leave it up to someone else to alert authorities. You have to. It’s the only thing to do.”...

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 09, 2011, 10:14:57 AM »
officially done at end of season
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 09, 2011, 10:20:44 AM »
Rumor

Tom Ridge to replace  Graham Spanier  as Penn St president
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 09, 2011, 10:30:31 AM »
Oh I agree, I'm sure they will trot him out there like NBD. It will just be very awkward to see him out there, especially as more and more victims come forward, making it harder and harder to believe he was unaware of the seriousness of Sandusky's problem. Is it up to 20 yet? jfc

That old coot is going to say some batshit crazy stuff before the year is over.  Especially if they start losing games.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 09, 2011, 10:30:49 AM »
not sure if posted
http://www.channel3000.com/sports/29704008/detail.html

but its a pretty detailed time line

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 09, 2011, 10:51:27 AM »
not sure if posted

In one day (march 2 - March 3 2002) the story went from "He was having anal sex with the boy" to "might have inappropriately grabbed the young boy's genitals while wrestling". Paterno and Curley are the worst at playing Chinese Whispers ever.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 09, 2011, 10:52:43 AM »
Nebraska sure entered the Big10 at a weird time.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #464 on: November 09, 2011, 11:21:48 AM »
Nebraska sure entered the Big10 at a weird time.
Sounds like they missed the rape party. They must be crushed.
:adios:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 09, 2011, 11:27:35 AM »
not sure if posted

In one day (march 2 - March 3 2002) the story went from "He was having anal sex with the boy" to "might have inappropriately grabbed the young boy's genitals while wrestling". Paterno and Curley are the worst at playing Chinese Whispers ever.

I don't understand why more people don't want to see that GTA in jail.  How the eff can you see a child get raped and not do anything.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 09, 2011, 11:36:22 AM »
Seal balancing a beach ball, guys in floppy shoes climbing out of a volkswagen, elephants walking around, people eating fire, acrobats on the flying trapeze.  This will be the scene in Happy Valley on Saturday.  I'm pretty much more interested in that game than our own at this point.  It's going to be on RIGHT AFTER College Gameday.  Happy Valley indeed.   :popcorn:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 09, 2011, 11:47:38 AM »
westboro is going to be there.   :lol:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 09, 2011, 11:49:28 AM »
westboro is going to be there.   :lol:

Pro-JoePA?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 09, 2011, 11:50:46 AM »
not sure if posted

I don't understand why more people don't want to see that GTA in jail.  How the eff can you see a child get raped and not do anything.

everyone is pissed at the goddam GA. He's just not Joe rough ridin' Paterno so he doesn't get the same attention.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 09, 2011, 11:58:41 AM »

Something like this seems oddly appropriate.   

:lol:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 09, 2011, 12:00:01 PM »
http://twitpic.com/7ch1tc

:sdeek:

I wonder what the controversy mentioned in McQueary's letter is referring to?  Ohio State?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 09, 2011, 12:14:10 PM »
time to update the old recruiting letter template

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 09, 2011, 12:24:48 PM »
not sure if posted

everyone is pissed at the goddam GA. He's just not Joe rough ridin' Paterno so he doesn't get the same attention.

what are you saying? Paterno isn't getting negative pub for this?