Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 251148 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #250 on: November 08, 2011, 11:04:17 AM »
The problem with cases like this are the same problems as when famous people die.  Yeah, it's unfortunate and nobody is pleased by it, but a large percent of people get this really weird moral highground thing where they think that they are somehow involved in the case.  Like the headline from earlier in this thread.  Everybody knows exactly what it meant, but some people are in such a witchhunt mood that they twist it to make the newspaper look like they are child rape advocates.  Get a grip, people.

pretty sure you're the only one that has done this

i'm friends with a woman that dated that guy, not involved in the case in any way.  Between you and me, you're the only one who has bitched about anything in this thread, my friend.

wut

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 08, 2011, 11:05:00 AM »
Someone get word to the media to have them redirect their questions to @oklahomacat.

you know i can't keep up with that much twitter traffic.  i can barely RT something funny that Gooch said like 3 days later.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 08, 2011, 11:06:07 AM »
When will University Presidents realize that trying to cover this crap up is just the absolute worst course of action.

never.  it's human nature.  plus, a risk/reward analysis may actually support their rationale for cover-ups - whatever it may be.  sometimes, they get away with it.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 08, 2011, 11:07:27 AM »
Rumblings about a 9th victim coming forward now.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 08, 2011, 11:10:14 AM »
turrible stuff just turrible

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 08, 2011, 11:11:38 AM »
Joe Pa about to be fired.  

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 08, 2011, 11:16:05 AM »
expect the floodgates to open as more affected people come forward and know that many more that had been affected will never come forward

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 08, 2011, 11:22:04 AM »
Remember when Prince wanted to be know as the Joe Pa of the plains.  :sdeek:
RIP Fatty

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 08, 2011, 11:23:18 AM »
At least all it took was a 9th person claiming sexual abuse from a coach that remained around the program for 15 years after the first allegation to get JoPa out of there.  

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 08, 2011, 11:25:13 AM »
At least all it took was a 9th person claiming sexual abuse from a coach that remained around the program for 15 years after the first allegation to get JoPa out of there.  

Pa has better info than you.  I doubt the diff from 8 to 9 inspired his move.  Most likely what he knows that you and I don't yet know.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 08, 2011, 11:28:15 AM »
Paterno is Catholic.  He probably didn't see anything wrong with what Sandusky was up to. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 08, 2011, 11:30:28 AM »
Paterno is Catholic.  He probably didn't see anything wrong with what Sandusky was up to. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 08, 2011, 11:39:27 AM »
This is all one big witch hunt by the media.  By "witch" they mean "guy-who-knew-about-dude-who-rapes-kids-and-did-jack-squat-to-prevent-future-kid-rapings-but-clearly-could-have-prevented-future-kid-rapings"

It's the age old case of a "guy-who-knew-about-dude-who-rapes-kids-and-did-jack-squat-to-prevent-future-kid-rapings-but-clearly-could-have-prevented-future-kid-rapings" hunt. 

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 08, 2011, 11:39:45 AM »
Just skimmed through the grand jury doc.  After a lot of this crap happened they mentioned that because he was a retired coach there was no way to ban him from the facilities.  Blows my mind that they didn't take the stance of take your crap and GTFO.  If you show up again you will be arrested.  Sounds like a lot of enabling going on by everyone on staff at PSU that had knowledge of the situation(s).   :chainsaw: :curse: :dubious:
@mikec2w

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 08, 2011, 11:41:16 AM »
Just skimmed through the grand jury doc.  After a lot of this crap happened they mentioned that because he was a retired coach there was no way to ban him from the facilities.  Blows my mind that they didn't take the stance of take your crap and GTFO.  If you show up again you will be arrested.  Sounds like a lot of enabling going on by everyone on staff at PSU that had knowledge of the situation(s).   :chainsaw: :curse: :dubious:

Pretty sure that random dudes off the street can't go use the rough ridin' weight room, or have access to rape boys in the team showers.  I am not an expert, but this is my hunch.

Offline EMAFW

• Fan
  • Prophet
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 08, 2011, 11:41:50 AM »
fail

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 08, 2011, 11:44:42 AM »

Pretty sure that random dudes off the street can't go use the rough ridin' weight room, or have access to rape boys in the team showers.  I am not an expert, but this is my hunch.

Random dudes weren't Assitant HC and state-institution-enabled rapists.  

Retirement agreements are retirement agreements.  I mean, we do live in a civilized society.  

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 08, 2011, 11:45:13 AM »
fail
no. he's right.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 08, 2011, 11:46:02 AM »
fail

Agree that the analogy was flawed...he's clearly the Diocese leader who is mum about kid rapings, and not the raping priest.  But, I think you knew that though, right?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: November 08, 2011, 11:47:45 AM »

Random dudes weren't Assitant HC and state-institution-enabled rapists.  

Retirement agreements are retirement agreements.  I mean, we do live in a civilized society.  

I would have declared the retirement agreement null and void, citing the case of Roe v. Dude Who Rapes Kids.  Boom.  Case closed.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 08, 2011, 11:50:03 AM »

IMHO, a "Good Fellas" type beating in a corn field would be about right for this bad person.  Don't send him to prison, he would probably enjoy the treatment he would receive.  Sick rough rider.
@mikec2w

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 08, 2011, 11:52:27 AM »
Just skimmed through the grand jury doc.  After a lot of this crap happened they mentioned that because he was a retired coach there was no way to ban him from the facilities.  Blows my mind that they didn't take the stance of take your crap and GTFO.  If you show up again you will be arrested.  Sounds like a lot of enabling going on by everyone on staff at PSU that had knowledge of the situation(s).   :chainsaw: :curse: :dubious:

Weird Robert.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 08, 2011, 11:56:01 AM »

Pretty sure that random dudes off the street can't go use the rough ridin' weight room, or have access to rape boys in the team showers.  I am not an expert, but this is my hunch.

Weird Robert.

well, trim has you there pete

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 08, 2011, 11:56:17 AM »
So why should Paterno be fired?  Do we agree with this?
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb