Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 251271 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #2100 on: September 08, 2014, 08:27:16 PM »
It's irrational college kids.  Nothing more, nothing less.   Some were probably just looking to cause trouble just for the sake of causing trouble.

Just like those rascals in Ferguson
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: September 08, 2014, 09:06:03 PM »
The athletic department is culpable for allowing arguable the most disgusting scandal in NCAA history to happen under its watch.

The way you hold an entire athletic accountable is punitive financial penalties, not a changing of the guard.

The mechanism to do that is post season bans and reductions in scholarships, short of the death penalty (which i really thought should have been brought back)

If the players are hurt by this, they had a free ticket to transfer with no penalty.
If the students are hurt by this, finish your semester and GTFO.
if the staff outside the AD are hurt by this, its a free country, go work somewhere else.

In any just world, the Penn State athletic department deserved every minute of that sanction and then some.  Lifting the ban is disgusting.  Its in insult to the victims in this tragedy and college athletics as a whole.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: September 08, 2014, 09:24:14 PM »
The athletic department is culpable for allowing arguable the most disgusting scandal in NCAA history to happen under its watch.

The way you hold an entire athletic accountable is punitive financial penalties, not a changing of the guard.

The mechanism to do that is post season bans and reductions in scholarships, short of the death penalty (which i really thought should have been brought back)

If the players are hurt by this, they had a free ticket to transfer with no penalty.
if the staff outside the AD are hurt by this, its a free country, go work somewhere else.

In any just world, the Penn State athletic department deserved every minute of that sanction and then some.  Lifting the ban is disgusting.  Its in insult to the victims in this tragedy and college athletics as a whole.

HerrSontag actually nailed it.  :Woot:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: September 08, 2014, 09:35:37 PM »
it's just hard reading that article and hearing Jay Paterno all red assed about vacated wins for his father that he wants to get restored.  it's sickening.

Yes.  What's being under played is how today Jay immediately started saying it's now time to right the wrong of vacated wins.  That's his concern today, worthless words on worthless paper.  He really is a huge piece of crap.  Of course, we've known this since he defended his dad by saying it wasn't his dad's fault he didn't know everything because he was such a respected old man that McQuery couldn't really explain what he saw because you couldn't speak those horrible words in Joe's presence.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: September 08, 2014, 11:21:25 PM »

Penn State everybody.

https://vine.co/v/OzJ3awT67PB

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: September 08, 2014, 11:25:28 PM »
Do you ever think God just looks down on all mankind and :facepalm:?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: September 09, 2014, 02:32:59 AM »

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: September 09, 2014, 02:35:12 AM »

Nope.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: September 09, 2014, 03:41:47 AM »
It's irrational college kids.  Nothing more, nothing less.   Some were probably just looking to cause trouble just for the sake of causing trouble.

Just like those rascals in Ferguson

That's just a colossal leap, but not the least bit surprising coming from you.

Sad

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: September 09, 2014, 03:50:57 AM »

So is $60 million dollars in fines enough?  Because that's what the NCAA levied on Penn State.

It appears from your post that you don't even really understand the sanctions that were levied against Penn State.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: September 09, 2014, 08:18:19 AM »
I'm not sure any penalty could punish those weirdos into normal fans again. It's like a cult.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: September 09, 2014, 08:20:11 AM »

So is $60 million dollars in fines enough?  Because that's what the NCAA levied on Penn State.

It appears from your post that you don't even really understand the sanctions that were levied against Penn State.
I understand it plenty well.  And, no, it was not.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: September 09, 2014, 08:39:28 AM »
I'm not sure any penalty could punish those weirdos into normal fans again. It's like a cult.

Cults, kool-aid, etc.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: September 09, 2014, 11:27:28 PM »
Post what you think would happen at KSU if this whole saga had happened here with Snyder in the Paterno role.

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: September 09, 2014, 11:30:37 PM »
Post what you think would happen at KSU if this whole saga had happened here with Snyder in the Paterno role.

I suppose you would hope that your administration isn't as inherently corrupt and takes care of business when it should.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: September 09, 2014, 11:34:27 PM »

I suppose you would hope that your administration isn't as inherently corrupt and takes care of business when it should.

No time travel.

I'm talking more about the fan reaction if it came out now that years ago, Snyder swept something like this under an old Vanier rug.

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: September 09, 2014, 11:36:13 PM »

No time travel.

I'm talking more about the fan reaction if it came out now that years ago, Snyder swept something like this under an old Vanier rug.

Gotcha. Not my place to post further on the subject. I will hang up and listen.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: September 10, 2014, 01:21:00 AM »
I work with a Penn State grad. She even knew a guy that was abused back in the 90s who never spoke up. Yet the only thing she is upset about is Joe Pa being "treated unfairly by the media"

Why are Pennsylvanians so weird?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: September 10, 2014, 03:34:38 AM »

No time travel.

I don't think Snyder has the personality that college kids really grasp on to and love like Joe Pa did. The tucks would absolutely be doing the chants and stuff because they saw the turnaround after years of seeing K-State be the worst team in the NCAA, but I don't think the students and younger adults would be.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: September 10, 2014, 07:47:23 AM »
There would be a whole lot of minimization.  For example, the term Horseing Around would be used a lot. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: September 10, 2014, 07:48:55 AM »
For me, personally, I would get super butthurt about KC not having an NBA team and how shitty the cheifs look.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: September 10, 2014, 07:55:05 AM »

It would have been nearly identical at any school.  Here's an example to a lesser (?) degree.  Joe Mixon, a freshman stud running back at OU, punched a girl in Norman and broke her jaw.  He's out for the season, but the fanbase has been harassing the crap out of the victim and blaming her, etc.  Most fans can't separate their team from non-football issues, imo.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: September 10, 2014, 08:13:46 AM »
I would want K-State football to just go away forever, but most of our fans would be exactly like the Penn State fans.

Offline Daddy Claxton

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: September 10, 2014, 09:01:46 AM »

Under the Wefald/Krause/Weiser regime I think it would have been pretty much the same as Penn State, and I assume there is plenty of trash under that rug, anyway. I think it is quite possible that the only thing that prevented the same thing from happenning at Ksu is that del miller isn't a pedophile.

I have more faith in Schulz/Currie but mostly because they were not a part of (and do not crave the credit for) building Ksu football so they would be more apt to blow the whistle that would tarnish the program.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 09:10:09 AM by Daddy Claxton »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: September 10, 2014, 10:34:34 AM »

Under the Wefald/Krause/Weiser regime I think it would have been pretty much the same as Penn State, and I assume there is plenty of trash under that rug, anyway. I think it is quite possible that the only thing that prevented the same thing from happenning at Ksu is that del miller isn't a pedophile.

I have more faith in Schulz/Currie but mostly because they were not a part of (and do not crave the credit for) building Ksu football so they would be more apt to blow the whistle that would tarnish the program.

I think Schulz/Currie would love to look good and seize on the opportunity to avoid the whole Sean mess, but I'm not sure they'd be willing to go against the masses protesting at the Snyder statute.  They def would if they knew that cutting him would be sure to land them jobs elsewhere if necessary.