Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 250282 times)

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #1725 on: July 23, 2012, 10:20:00 AM »
I am not sure it is the Dept of Education's or DOJ's "job" to punish PSU football program.

The DOE can go after PSU for not complying with laws regarding the reciept of federal education funds and the reporting of sexual abuse statistics.  Aren't these the laws they are using to procecute the UP & AD?

This - There is also a law in place about having to report crimes committed on campus and failure to do so could cause them to lose there accreditation and the ability for the school to accept federal student loan money.
RIP Fatty

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: July 23, 2012, 10:29:33 AM »
I am not sure it is the Dept of Education's or DOJ's "job" to punish PSU football program.

The DOE can go after PSU for not complying with laws regarding the reciept of federal education funds and the reporting of sexual abuse statistics.  Aren't these the laws they are using to procecute the UP & AD?

This - There is also a law in place about having to report crimes committed on campus and failure to do so could cause them to lose there accreditation and the ability for the school to accept federal student loan money.

Seems like they still could do this, no?

My take is the NCAA had to step in and slap down the football program.  This was a football issue, no matter how many times they say otherwise.  If it were a physics professor they would have turned him in.  End of story.  The only outfit that can punish the football program is the NCAA.  You can't throw a football program in jail.  The NCAA has made the PSU football program hundreds of millions, they can expect to take a hit when they protected a serial child molestor.  You take the good with the bad with the NCAA.

Civil suits alone won't likely do this because the nutty alumni will just go into fund raising overdrive and pay off the suits.  The Catholic church hasn't gone anywhere....

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: July 23, 2012, 10:29:41 AM »
I think I found the worst, most insensitive PSU statement yet.  Someone on their Rivals premium board started a thread titled:

"I now know what if feels like to be abused..."
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: July 23, 2012, 10:30:34 AM »
 :horrorsurprise: literal

Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: July 23, 2012, 10:31:37 AM »
lol

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: July 23, 2012, 10:31:55 AM »
 :sdeek: <---- PSU students

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: July 23, 2012, 10:33:16 AM »
Please keep us posted on what perverted things the GPC guys have to say about this picture...

I'm going to say it has to do with an "O-face"
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: July 23, 2012, 10:34:16 AM »
Please keep us posted on what perverted things the GPC guys have to say about this picture...

I would expect some type of ratings...

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: July 23, 2012, 10:35:53 AM »

Maybe I'm wrong here but none of these incidents were charged as crimes at the time so how could they report them?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: July 23, 2012, 10:37:53 AM »

Maybe I'm wrong here but none of these incidents were charged as crimes at the time so how could they report them?

I will try to not be a dick but, seriously?

Pretty sure nutcase shooting up the Dark Knight hadn't been charged either but they sure as hell called the cops.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: July 23, 2012, 10:42:01 AM »

Just because someone is not charged (Sandusky was charged and convicted of incidents that occurred on University Property) does not mean a crime goes unreported. The bear crap in the woods, it still makes a smell.
RIP Fatty

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: July 23, 2012, 10:42:38 AM »
Welp, MU fans claiming Pinkel supported proven child rape supporter Joe Paterno only so he could better recruit the potential transfers.

Do they not understand this guy has never even won the Big 12?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: July 23, 2012, 10:46:33 AM »

I'll drop that picture over there and report back.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: July 23, 2012, 10:49:41 AM »

Just because someone is not charged (Sandusky was charged and convicted of incidents that occurred on University Property) does not mean a crime goes unreported. The bear crap in the woods, it still makes a smell.

Sandusky has been charged now so those rape incidents will now be added to sexual abuse statistics.  The university has to report crimes, but it wouldn't have done so up until now without even a report or conviction.  What I'm saying is the DOE probably doesn't have a leg to stand on with federal money and reporting statistics.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: July 23, 2012, 10:50:36 AM »

I'll drop that picture over there and report back.

:thumbs:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: July 23, 2012, 10:54:58 AM »

Sandusky has been charged now so those rape incidents will now be added to sexual abuse statistics.  The university has to report crimes, but it wouldn't have done so up until now without even a report or conviction.  What I'm saying is the DOE probably doesn't have a leg to stand on with federal money and reporting statistics.

Your not getting it, These incidents should have been reported by the people in power long before they were reported. The hid the crimes committed on there campus from every one. The fact that we now know does not make it legal that they failed to report it in the past. You sound like a Penn State fan.
RIP Fatty

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: July 23, 2012, 11:01:07 AM »

Your not getting it, These incidents should have been reported by the people in power long before they were reported. The hid the crimes committed on there campus from every one. The fact that we now know does not make it legal that they failed to report it in the past. You sound like a Penn State fan.

I understand what your saying and no I'm not a Penn State fan.  All I'm saying is I highly doubt the DOE comes in and takes away federal money to the university once the president is charged. 

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: July 23, 2012, 11:03:27 AM »

I don't know the statue, but I would bet a large portion of money that said statue contains a clause against university officials knowing about alledge abuse and not reporting it to the proper authorities with the intent of covering it up. 

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA Lays Down Hammer on Penn State - Thoughts?
« Reply #1743 on: July 23, 2012, 11:09:00 AM »
if only we had a 70 page thread to talk about this!

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: July 23, 2012, 11:10:40 AM »
The QB in Paterno's last official win was Mike McQueary.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: July 23, 2012, 11:12:27 AM »
DOE is not going to eff with money that effects random students' education because the President/Football team were asshats.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: July 23, 2012, 11:14:45 AM »

I understand what your saying and no I'm not a Penn State fan.  All I'm saying is I highly doubt the DOE comes in and takes away federal money to the university once the president is charged.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/2011/may/27/dept-education-cites-yale-underreporting-crime-sex/

Something like this will happen but much much worse
RIP Fatty

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: July 23, 2012, 11:24:06 AM »
The QB in Paterno's last official win was Mike McQueary.

Circle of Life, indeed.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: July 23, 2012, 11:37:14 AM »

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/2011/may/27/dept-education-cites-yale-underreporting-crime-sex/

Something like this will happen but much much worse

I hope that it does, I just think it would be a heck of a case.  The president tried covering his ass by delegating Clery act duties to the university's CPO in 1991, but didn't provide adequate training.  The DOE could use that along with he's in a leadership role anyway so he should have made sure it was reported.  They are probably waiting until the president gets charged to move on anything.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: July 23, 2012, 11:46:47 AM »
Isn't the NCAA just a club that can just kick people out if they feel like? I don't see how the government could have any jurisdiction over their membership policies, beyond ensuring they are non-discriminatory.