Author Topic: favorite LOL's from past year's Dillon's  (Read 20838 times)

catzacker

Re: favorite LOL's from past year's Dillon's
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2013, 09:13:40 PM »

?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2013, 09:14:58 PM »
He's baaaaa-aaaack

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2013, 09:26:23 PM »
that wasn't last year's dillons, catzacker, you crazy bad person!

:ROFL:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2013, 09:27:17 PM »
Has the billboard been hit yet this year?

They replaced it with some kind of cancer treatment center billboard.  That still shouldn't make it off limits though......   :peek:

KU beat cancer...but not Kstate. EMAW

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2013, 09:31:44 PM »
omg.  Am watching the replay of 64-0 (2002) with my premium account on kstatehd.tv.  So much amazingness I forgot about.

OPENING DRIVE OF THE GAME!  KU kicks off to start the game.  Ell "Ell-Train" Roberson leads us down the field and we earn a few first downs, but miraculously our drive stalls around the KU 45 when KU stuffs Ayo Saba on 3rd and 1.  KU fans are going crazy, I mean absolutely crazy, the defender who made the tackle is stomping around like he's going to assert this same dominance all day.  K-State punts and a speedy young fella by the name of Terrence Newman downs it on the KU 1/2 yard-line.

KU's timid new quarterback Jonas Weatherbee (lol) gets up under center, making his first start ever as a Jayhawk.  He hands the ball off two yards deep in the end zone, where the running back is promptly tackled by Andrew Schull.  Safety.

ku's second play from scrimmage.  Had to laugh, pre-game to that one showed the Hawkjet on their big screen tee vee, then the home team came out thumping their chests like they were tuff.   Second play from scrimmage....safety.

Offline ReelBigJ

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2013, 09:32:44 PM »
Emailed a KU friend of mine, and asked him how many trick plays Chaz is going to dial up in the first half this year to try to keep KU in the game. He put the O/U at 3, and he would take the over. Also informed me that he wouldn't be riding up with me "because of the weather"  :facepalm:

What was it last year, 2 fake punts?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 09:46:18 PM by ReelBigJ »

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2013, 09:40:29 PM »
that wasn't last year's dillons, catzacker, you crazy bad person!

:ROFL:

To be fair, that's how I initially read the thread title as well...  Fortunately for 'zacker, the "p" instead of an "l" saves him.

:peek:
bears are fast...

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2013, 09:41:44 PM »
God dammit, 'Zacker! :shakesfist:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2013, 09:51:06 PM »
now that zacker posted that I have no doubt we are going to make this a Dillon's Sunflower Showdown where the hawks will need a clean up on every aisle

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2013, 09:56:07 PM »
Oct 27, 2001

By DOUG TUCKER
AP Sports Writer

MANHATTAN, Kan. - A 45-yard gain on the first play from scrimmage is a great way for a running back to start his day.

By the time Josh Scobey was finished, he'd run for 204 yards and two touchdowns Saturday as Kansas State snapped a four-game losing skid by beating Kansas for the ninth time in a row, 40-6.

"When you have a 45-yard run right off the bat, that tells me what kind of day I'm going to have," Scobey said. "Some of those holes, I could have driven my truck through."'

Breaking their longest losing skid in 12 years, the Wildcats (3-4, 1-4 Big 12) scored quick touchdowns on their first two possessions. On Kansas State's opening 77-yard drive, Scobey totaled 65 yards.

"Josh was very good," assistant coach Michael Smith said. "When Josh has his shoulders going downhill, he's as good as any back. He's not a shifty guy. He's going to put his pads down and get what he can get."

The Jayhawks (2-5, 1-4) squandered several scoring chances but came away with only two field goals.

"Too much Scobey and too little Jayhawks," Kansas coach Terry Allen said. "That initial drive when they took it 77 yards and didn't have to throw the football really set the stage for what was to come."

In five years against Kansas State, Allen is 0-5. The average margin of victory for the Wildcats has been almost 39 points.

"It hasn't gone very well for me," he said. "There's not a heck of a lot to talk about when you get your tail ends whipped every time you play."

Marc Dunn, getting his second start at quarterback, ran for a touchdown and passed for another for Wildcats.

Scobey, a 205-pound senior, carried 28 times in the fourth-best rushing effort in school history. A mixture of straight-ahead runs, wide sweeps and well timed pitch plays led to Kansas State's best rushing total since Mike Lawrence set the school record with 252 yards against Iowa State in 1996.

"I think the coaches saw that I was in the groove," Scobey said. "They wanted us to establish the running game."

The Jayhawks, smothered by the Kansas State defense, had a first down from the 15 in the third quarter but got only a 37-yard field goal. In the fourth, they got nothing on a first-and-goal from the 2.

"It's always special when your defense can hold the offense in the red zone and stop them," said defensive en Andrew Shull. "It's really special to us."

Scobey scored on a 1-yard run in the first quarter and a 1-yard plunge in the fourth, giving the Wildcats a 33-6 lead with 11:17 to go.

Kansas State continued to suffer from a brutal kicking game. Freshman Jamie Rheem, the fifth place-kicker the Wildcats have tried, missed two extra points. On a play that most teams consider virtually automatic, the Wildcats are 16-of-25.

"Somebody should take it upon themselves to research this," said Kansas State coach LHC Bill Snyder. "I'm positive that no team in the history of this game at any level has hit the goalposts as many times as we have. You have to be a devil of a kicker."

After Kansas failed to make a first down on its first possession and got off a 23-yard punt, the Wildcats made it 13-0 on just two plays, with Dunn hitting a wide-open Ricky Lloyd on a 30-yard strike.

A few minutes later, the Wildcats elected go for it on fourth-and-9 from the 24 and Aaron Lockett got open for Dunn's pass on a hitch pattern, giving the Wildcats a 20-3 lead with 3:52 left in the half.

The Wildcats also went for it on fourth-and-4 from the 30, sending Scobey up the middle for 7. Two plays later, Dunn scored on a 5-yard run.

Scobey had a 1-yard TD run with 11:17 left and Joe Hall scored the final TD on a 1-yard plunge with 2:40 to go.

Johnny Beck kicked field goals of 42 and 37 yards for Kansas.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2013, 09:58:08 PM »
give me your tears terry allen

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2013, 11:04:14 PM »
dlew and cas, i'm not sure why you guys are bragging about being kicked out of a stadium. seems like a bit of a humbling experience actually.
It would have been if it was actually our fault, but it wasn't and those sitting around us agreed.  Now, when I look back, it's one of my favorite LOL's from last year's game.

MIR saw what happened.

Oh man. :lol: that was total horse crap. Also every KU fan in that section was an emo weirdo

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2013, 08:31:22 AM »
awesome thread

I know it is super powertucky to say this, but I'll never forget the feeling when Daniel Thomas carried the pain of the Prince years out of the Bill on his broad shoulders during 17-10. It was just a glorious afternoon.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 08:43:33 AM by Sandstone Outcropping »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2013, 08:49:30 AM »
2003 was pretty good.  they were super butthurt about whittemore getting crushed.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2013, 08:51:04 AM »
Last years 55 points on 52 plays, which included 22 minutes of our second and third stringers
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2013, 08:52:55 AM »
I forgot that Marc Dunn got that start but now that I remember I'm still mad about it.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2013, 09:20:30 AM »
awesome thread

I know it is super powertucky to say this, but I'll never forget the feeling when Daniel Thomas carried the pain of the Prince years out of the Bill on his broad shoulders during 17-10. It was just a glorious afternoon.

Future Mrs. SB's first game out at BSFS. Was tremendous, no shame in it. Then we went out to the parking lot and took shots out of a rubber chicken.

Guys I might binge today and watch an old Dillon's. Which one should I watch? I have the 1993 one in Lawrence on VHS.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

catzacker

« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2013, 09:52:10 AM »
our super-awesome team last year was only up 7 at half...at home..to a 1-11 jayhawk football team.  it took some mishaps by them to start the 2nd half to make it a blowout.  had they not of, it's a different game.  we couldn't stop them in the 1st half.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2013, 09:54:36 AM »
our super-awesome team last year was only up 7 at half...at home..to a 1-11 jayhawk football team.  it took some mishaps by them to start the 2nd half to make it a blowout.  had they not of, it's a different game.  we couldn't stop them in the 1st half.

I was really  :ohno:. Didn't we throw away a TD right before half with a clock management thingy?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2013, 09:54:46 AM »

:lol:
good post hawkzacker

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2013, 10:08:05 AM »
awesome thread

Future Mrs. SB's first game out at BSFS. Was tremendous, no shame in it. Then we went out to the parking lot and took shots out of a rubber chicken.

Guys I might binge today and watch an old Dillon's. Which one should I watch? I have the 1993 one in Lawrence on VHS.

If I didn't live in the DFW area, I'd be inviting myself over to watch the '93 game with you right now even though we aren't yet friends IRL.

:emawkid:
bears are fast...

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2013, 10:12:15 AM »
Emailed a KU friend of mine, and asked him how many trick plays Chaz is going to dial up in the first half this year to try to keep KU in the game. He put the O/U at 3, and he would take the over. Also informed me that he wouldn't be riding up with me "because of the weather"  :facepalm:

2 fake punts in the first half  :lol:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2013, 10:14:15 AM »

2 fake punts in the first half  :lol:

It was a fake punt followed by a fake field goal.   :dubious:

catzacker

« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2013, 10:24:34 AM »
everyone keeps making fun of KU for trick plays, but they mushed us with both of them....on the same drive. 

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2013, 10:31:19 AM »
This will be my first Dillon's Sunflower Showdown this weekend!  :ohno: