Author Topic: favorite LOL's from past year's Dillon's  (Read 20650 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
favorite LOL's from past year's Dillon's
« on: October 19, 2011, 08:56:59 AM »
oh man there's been so many  :lol: over the years when the hawks and the wildcats meet up in the dillon's.

last year when Queso was on the sideline after 15-16ing the hawks and LHCBS sent out an unproven WR to take a few snaps under center.  for memory's sake, at this point, the cats were up 52-7 when a young collin klein jogged into the middle of the huddle- you should have seen the eye's of his linemen as they realized who LHCBS had handed the keys to the purple cadillac to.  klein, in his pre-chamber days, was ready to prove his mettle and earn his nickname.  the play came in from the sidelines and collin relayed it to "his" troops- i say "his" because we all knew that one day collin would be leading these guys into battle, Queso was a senior and would be moving on soon, the writing was on the wall that this kid was being breed to turn from a blond haired colorado raised heart-throb into the latest in a long line of Wildcat Field Generals.  it's a QB sneak, off left he told the team, "we're going to run out this clock and take the sunflower home to manhattan"...after running the play clock down to its final seconds, the ball was snapped into his waiting hands and off he went.  51 yards and 6 points later i looked into LHCBS's eyes and saw a sparkle.  the ol' ball coach tried to hide the shy smile that came over his face, albeit however brief it was.  at that point everyone in the purple nation knew what he knew all along, that the chamber was ready.  and so were we.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
Re: favorite LOL's from past year's Dillon's
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 08:58:58 AM »
 :emawkid:
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 09:00:09 AM »
85 yard scoop and score.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 09:04:49 AM »
 :love:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 09:09:05 AM »
now the chamber is loaded and cocked.   :ksu:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 09:10:09 AM »
Jordy burning Talib

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 09:20:52 AM »
After we lost by 6 points or so to KU in 2007 I was leaving the stadium and saw a bunch of sorority chicks from KU chanting RCJH at all the KSU fans leaving. I promptly yelled "Rock Chalk suck my male genitals" right back at them.  I couldn't understand the high pitched girly screams and insults they sent back because I was too busy enjoying a well deserved high five from an elderly KSU fan (ONE OF YOU?) and dancing off to Jardine with "rubber band man" playing in my head.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 09:23:47 AM »
Remember that time we tore down the goalposts on KU's field? Neither do I, but there is a Youtube video of it somewhere.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 09:27:12 AM »
Remember that time we tore down the goalposts on KU's field? Neither do I, but there is a Youtube video of it somewhere.

yes, I do.  what a great time to be a wildcat.  on the flipside, i'm sure that our jayhawk friends weren't having too much fun that night.   :cool:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 09:59:50 AM »
ku drove all the way down then field, and fans thought they were finally going to be treated to a 'hawks touchdown! webb drops back to pass, launches a ball towards the back corner of the endzone, and...IT'S PICKED! Number 8, Stephen Harrison with a great leap and comes down with the football. Wildcats take back possession!

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »
Thompson's juke.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 10:05:20 AM »
K-State fans are thinking about bowl games and Ku fans are thinking about the upcoming basketball season

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 10:17:32 AM »
oh man there's been so many  :lol: over the years when the hawks and the wildcats meet up in the dillon's.

last year when Queso was on the sideline after 15-16ing the hawks and LHCBS sent out an unproven WR to take a few snaps under center.  for memory's sake, at this point, the cats were up 52-7 when a young collin klein jogged into the middle of the huddle- you should have seen the eye's of his linemen as they realized who LHCBS had handed the keys to the purple cadillac to.  klein, in his pre-chamber days, was ready to prove his mettle and earn his nickname.  the play came in from the sidelines and collin relayed it to "his" troops- i say "his" because we all knew that one day collin would be leading these guys into battle, Queso was a senior and would be moving on soon, the writing was on the wall that this kid was being breed to turn from a blond haired colorado raised heart-throb into the latest in a long line of Wildcat Field Generals.  it's a QB sneak, off left he told the team, "we're going to run out this clock and take the sunflower home to manhattan"...after running the play clock down to its final seconds, the ball was snapped into his waiting hands and off he went.  51 yards and 6 points later i looked into LHCBS's eyes and saw a sparkle.  the ol' ball coach tried to hide the shy smile that came over his face, albeit however brief it was.  at that point everyone in the purple nation knew what he knew all along, that the chamber was ready.  and so were we.
Best post I read in quite a while.   :ksu:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 10:19:46 AM »
thanks Katdaddy, i tried to make it like steven ambrose wrote it.   :cheers:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 10:22:40 AM »
That time in the 90s when they were ranked and we curb stomped them. Oh man.

Also, 12-7. JFC that had to hurt.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 10:23:39 AM »
Melton concussion

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 10:27:28 AM »
thanks Katdaddy, i tried to make it like steven ambrose wrote it.   :cheers:

Ambrose was a history professor from 1960 until his retirement in 1995, having spent the bulk of his time at the University of New Orleans, where he was Boyd Professor of History.  In 1970, while teaching at Kansas State University, Ambrose participated in heckling of Richard Nixon during a speech the president gave on the KSU campus. Given pressure from the KSU administration and having job offers elsewhere, upon finishing out the year Ambrose offered to leave and the offer was accepted.

:cool:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 10:35:04 AM »

Ambrose was a history professor from 1960 until his retirement in 1995, having spent the bulk of his time at the University of New Orleans, where he was Boyd Professor of History.  In 1970, while teaching at Kansas State University, Ambrose participated in heckling of Richard Nixon during a speech the president gave on the KSU campus. Given pressure from the KSU administration and having job offers elsewhere, upon finishing out the year Ambrose offered to leave and the offer was accepted.

I cannot think of a more overrated historian than Steven Ambrose. Dude mostly stole content from real historians.

I really liked 17-10. Loved watching the DTrain slowly crush the Hawks' will to exist and send their "History Awaits" season into a death spiral as time expired. The pain of the Ron Prince years was washed from my body on that beautiful sunshiny day.

Also, 1998 was nice. Much less sunshiny but no less gratifying.

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 10:36:46 AM »

Best post I read in quite a while.   :ksu:

Agree. Mods, can we make 'clams a moderator for the week? I think he's earned it.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 10:39:17 AM »
Snapping Bill Whittemore's collarbone!  :D
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 10:43:47 AM »

Thx. for the history lesson.   :cheers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 10:48:30 AM »
Snapping Bill Whittemore's collarbone!  :D

i can hear the cracking now!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 11:57:58 AM »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 12:00:45 PM »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 12:03:52 PM »
2003, we'd lost a few games and all of a sudden we're unranked.  Big bad KU strolls into Manhattan and dances on our Powercat.  What?  Not cool guys.  40-6