Author Topic: Volleyball  (Read 151723 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Volleyball
« Reply #1250 on: August 27, 2023, 08:38:00 PM »
It would have been nice to be able to see the other two matches. Oh well. We'll win on Friday, Sunday will be something.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 28, 2023, 10:11:03 AM »
We're picked to finish toward the bottom of the conference, Nebraska is the #5 team in the country and a national title contender.

Was this match ever supposed to be close?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 28, 2023, 10:27:16 AM »
Like with how shitty we looked in beating an overmatched Portland State team, the Nebraska game isn't about winning but about how we're going to look, at home, against a really good program. Texas, BYU, and Baylor are all teams who could reach the final four, we have another 3-5 teams in conference that could reach the Sweet 16. That Nebraska game will have the most raucous crowd the arena will see all season. It's going to be a great measuring stick and if we go in there and lose 17, 20, 15 it's a sign that we haven't progressed. Unlike when most coaches take over a roster, we didn't have to rebuild, we didn't lose a single player to the portal. If we take a step back this season, it's a really bad sign.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 28, 2023, 11:13:40 AM »
This guys entire career has been spent coaching at the P5 level, I mean . . . he should know what to do, right?

He's been on the bench for 19 of the last 20 NCAA tourneys, including national titles and multiple final fours.  He certainly should know what it takes to compete at that level, shouldn't he?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 28, 2023, 11:44:34 AM »
let's hope so.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 28, 2023, 01:01:21 PM »
This guys entire career has been spent coaching at the P5 level, I mean . . . he should know what to do, right?

He's been on the bench for 19 of the last 20 NCAA tourneys, including national titles and multiple final fours.  He certainly should know what it takes to compete at that level, shouldn't he?
oh trust me, he knows.  lol, he knows.

this guy has ncaa tournaments wired into his dna.  he’s part v ball coach, part ncaa v ball bracket.  we’re talking humanoid.  don’t despair, dax, this wildcat v ball troop is going dancing.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 28, 2023, 02:56:16 PM »
Two LVBIQ questions:

Do they put the NCAA tourney in pods with the top seed hosting or H-t-H at neutral sites/hosted sites?

Will Volleyball be our first K-State Athletics Natty?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 28, 2023, 02:57:15 PM »

oh trust me, he knows.  lol, he knows.

this guy has ncaa tournaments wired into his dna.  he’s part v ball coach, part ncaa v ball bracket.  we’re talking humanoid.  don’t despair, dax, this wildcat v ball troop is going dancing.

EMAW pclams!!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 28, 2023, 11:51:45 PM »
Two LVBIQ questions:

Do they put the NCAA tourney in pods with the top seed hosting or H-t-H at neutral sites/hosted sites?

Will Volleyball be our first K-State Athletics Natty?

Yes, the first two rounds are on home courts, top 16 teams hosting, neutral sites after that.

No volleyball won't be our first national championship, the gap between the elite and everyone else is as big in volleyball as it is in any team sport. Even when KU made a final four, completely out of their asses, eight years ago, they weren't even close to the other teams in that final four.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 30, 2023, 08:13:14 AM »

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: August 30, 2023, 12:11:40 PM »
Slight oopsie on page 23...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: August 30, 2023, 03:05:53 PM »
Such a weird mistake. Dunn shouldn't even be on that page, certainly not twice.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: August 30, 2023, 03:06:31 PM »
If anyone has an extra ticket for Sunday, I need one. Please and thank you

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: August 30, 2023, 03:26:25 PM »
Such a weird mistake. Dunn shouldn't even be on that page, certainly not twice.

As an official media guide nerd, I'm fascinated by what happened there.

John Dunn is a volleyball assistant coach (who obviously doesn't belong on that page), but that photo isn't him. The layout looks like a copy/paste job from the football media guide, except that had Jerome Tang's name correct and a space for the "TBA" women's golf coach. Is the new women's golf coach the person in the photo labeled as "John Dunn"? Maybe they just botched the name? But, even if it was the correct photo/name of the golf coach, they would have needed to reorder the images to be in alphabetical order by name (new coach's last name is Burke, so he would have been first). But that still doesn't explain why Tang's name got jacked up if it was just copied over from football.

Maybe someone who watches that Steve Martin/Martin Short show can explain it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: August 30, 2023, 09:24:40 PM »
After this and having to open Morgan Family Arena on Friday, Omaha should be ready to run a train on the Summit League. Their non con is ridiculously brutal. They host a tournament with Creighton and Iowa State too.
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1697060879932461216

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: August 30, 2023, 10:01:50 PM »
They are going to get wrecked, but hope it's fun. That's a long way to go for volleycats
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: August 31, 2023, 07:04:56 AM »
Good for Cornhole and Cornhole fans.

All I saw was a lot of people sitting a long long way from the action.  But they're tons of accolades and I know they just eat that up and we'll be hearing about it for decades to come, so good for them.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: August 31, 2023, 10:20:10 AM »
After this and having to open Morgan Family Arena on Friday, Omaha should be ready to run a train on the Summit League. Their non con is ridiculously brutal. They host a tournament with Creighton and Iowa State too.
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1697060879932461216
Nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: August 31, 2023, 12:28:09 PM »

All I saw was a lot of people sitting a long long way from the action.  But they're tons of accolades and I know they just eat that up and we'll be hearing about it for decades to come, so good for them.

I didn't think about it at the time but apparently this set the women's sports attendance record by only 350 people, now I can't help but think about Nebraska historically lying and pulling cheap attendance tricks.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Volleyball
« Reply #1269 on: September 01, 2023, 09:46:27 PM »
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 10:13:16 AM by pissclams »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: September 01, 2023, 10:11:13 PM »
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: September 01, 2023, 10:56:19 PM »
ope
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: September 02, 2023, 07:04:43 AM »
That's a top notch venue.

Frank . . .  :lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: September 02, 2023, 07:07:56 AM »

I didn't think about it at the time but apparently this set the women's sports attendance record by only 350 people, now I can't help but think about Nebraska historically lying and pulling cheap attendance tricks.

Come on .  . . at a school whose administration and fans would look at you with a straight face if you questioned their football academic all-american numbers and the prospect that there may have been a wee bit of grade inflation going on.  Or, look at you with a straight face and tell you all about Boyd Epley's in house PED testing program.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 07:15:19 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: September 02, 2023, 03:08:25 PM »
We've played 4 matches against bad teams and looked good in two and looked bad in two (including last night when, once again, we couldn't pass).

Obviously, it all adds up to a huge upset of Nebraska tomorrow.