Author Topic: Volleyball  (Read 148669 times)

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Volleyball
« Reply #825 on: December 19, 2018, 06:14:45 AM »
Kari? Is she any good, I haven't seen her play. I only saw Creighton play Nebraska and she didn't play. Red shirt?
Played great for a frosh.  Not trying to bring up recruiting again but it seems Booth is a bigger threat to KState than Bechard.  Snuck in & stole Kendra Wait from the Hawks & A&M. She will be in the convo in a couple of years for National HS Player of the Year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, do you think it's an evaluation issue or is she missing on primary targets? I'm not as connected to HOA as I was when I lived there so I don't know who she is targeting.
Not certain what the deal is.  The Waits are a KState family, Bechard gets Cassie to walk on @ KU & we know the rest of the story.  The high level talent seems to end up at Power & MAVS.  Dixon is the first impact player she’s pulled from either club in awhile.  Power already has a 2021 OH committed to OU & a 2021 MB committed to Illinois. The later is from a KState family.  Suzie seems to have lost her seat at the table.  Maybe she shouldn’t roster 23 kids.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 19, 2018, 07:06:53 AM »
Thank goodness NU didn’t win the deal. They are insufferable and try to talk to me about volleyball constantly. Did you watch the MATCH? No fuckface, I didn’t watch the game.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 19, 2018, 07:46:10 AM »
Thank goodness NU didn’t win the deal. They are insufferable and try to talk to me about volleyball constantly. Did you watch the MATCH? No fuckface, I didn’t watch the game.

They are hard to stomach for sure but one helluva program.  Average around 8K for home games, if you removed the blue hair it would be about 1500.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 20, 2018, 12:34:55 AM »
Nothing worse than being at a game or tournament with Nebraska volleyball fans and having some old woman oldsplain volleyball to you. They're so damn corny with their dumb signs and roof chants. eff Nebraska.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 17, 2019, 12:36:11 PM »
The Fritz's are off to a 4-5 start with losses to non VB juggernauts Missouri State, Weber State, Dayton, NC State and Maryland (as well as a five-set thriller win against Omaha). Three more matches (North Texas, Ohio, New Mexico) until Big 12 play. Probably looking at another 8th or 9th place finish in the league (only 9 teams), which would be the third straight year finishing last or next-to-last.

Even though Suzie's under contract through 2020, time for Gene to start working the phones?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 17, 2019, 05:11:36 PM »
The Fritz's are off to a 4-5 start with losses to non VB juggernauts Missouri State, Weber State, Dayton, NC State and Maryland (as well as a five-set thriller win against Omaha). Three more matches (North Texas, Ohio, New Mexico) until Big 12 play. Probably looking at another 8th or 9th place finish in the league (only 9 teams), which would be the third straight year finishing last or next-to-last.

Even though Suzie's under contract through 2020, time for Gene to start working the phones?

Until she gets the new facility and fails in that, she is K-State's V-ball coach, those are the rules.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 18, 2019, 03:32:31 PM »
At least Hill had the decency to step aside

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 19, 2019, 12:02:19 PM »

I will still contend that the standard for Olympic coaches is much different, I'm starting to lose patience. This will be the first time since 1995 that we will go three years without a tournament appearance. She still isn't in the position where she should be fire after this season, 12 tournament appearances in 19 years is very good. The trend however is bad. This team is young but they will need to replace the setter, you can't continually sell a rebuild. This team will finish with around 10 wins. For her to get 2021, I think that she can't lose any key players before 2020 and that team needs to, at the very least, be on the tournament bubble.

Meanwhile UNLV has a bad record but they have put together a ridiculous schedule. They play KU this weekend. Dawn is clearly building to conference play and is willing to take a beating in the non-con.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 23, 2019, 08:41:26 PM »
You could see this crap show coming.  Sandbothe bolted to Ohio St as a grad transfer which left a big hole.  If it makes anybody feel better, it’s happening at KU also. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 23, 2019, 08:56:56 PM »
You could see this crap show coming.  Sandbothe bolted to Ohio St as a grad transfer which left a big hole.  If it makes anybody feel better, it’s happening at KU also. 

Smoked by UNLV  :users:

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 24, 2019, 08:59:34 AM »
Bechard hit it big with a setter, OH, & a walk on Libero that had never played the position before college.  All under recruited & none would have passed the “size profile” for their position.  Reached a Final Four & abandoned the eye test & went with the “size profile”.  Suzie has always recruited “size profile” instead of court production/smarts.  Let a number of Kansas kids leave the state that could have helped her keep her job.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Volleyball
« Reply #836 on: September 24, 2019, 09:02:34 AM »

I will still contend that the standard for Olympic coaches is much different, I'm starting to lose patience. This will be the first time since 1995 that we will go three years without a tournament appearance. She still isn't in the position where she should be fire after this season, 12 tournament appearances in 19 years is very good. The trend however is bad. This team is young but they will need to replace the setter, you can't continually sell a rebuild. This team will finish with around 10 wins. For her to get 2021, I think that she can't lose any key players before 2020 and that team needs to, at the very least, be on the tournament bubble.

Meanwhile UNLV has a bad record but they have put together a ridiculous schedule. They play KU this weekend. Dawn is clearly building to conference play and is willing to take a beating in the non-con.
UNLV recently slipped into HOA & took a talented 2021 OH that I guess Suzie didn’t think was good enough?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 25, 2019, 07:58:54 PM »
I'll say it again, my "in the know" Kansas and Midwest V-ball contact told me that Suzie went into some weird ass recruiting spiel multiple times that sent multiple P5 players highly interested in K-State elsewhere.  Total turn off to student-athlete and parents.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 25, 2019, 08:14:05 PM »
I'll say it again, my "in the know" Kansas and Midwest V-ball contact told me that Suzie went into some weird ass recruiting spiel multiple times that sent multiple P5 players highly interested in K-State elsewhere.  Total turn off to student-athlete and parents.

Ahh... yes, the "Deb Patterson" approach.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 26, 2019, 09:25:50 AM »
don't look now, but the NDSU coach is named Jennifer Lopez  :excited:

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: October 21, 2019, 03:10:59 PM »
1-5 in the conference and 6-12 overall....woof.
Dax fan club member!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 21, 2019, 04:29:07 PM »
we almost beat PU (ou)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 22, 2019, 09:19:00 AM »
I’m guessing the NCAA Transfer Portal for VB will be very active.  If she loses Muturi and/or Dixon that would be the final nail.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 22, 2019, 09:35:08 AM »
do you guys care more about wins or developing student athletes for a career in something other than sports?  sometimes it's hard to tell.  smh

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 22, 2019, 12:29:55 PM »
In the last match at OU, they were up 2-0 and then lost the next two games (after having a late lead in the third). Then they were up 10-4 in the 5th and lost 16-14. Even by Suzie standards, it was pretty impressive.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 22, 2019, 12:59:16 PM »
they are a brand new facility away from turning the corner, patience

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 23, 2019, 12:26:02 AM »
There are 13 freshmen and sophomores on this roster, outside of Peyton Williams, those underclassmen are our best players. She'll get another year, unless there are key departures like dirty deeds said, no reason to think that's going to happen though.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Volleyball
« Reply #847 on: October 23, 2019, 08:14:37 PM »
NCAA has made it way to easy to transfer in D1 VB & be immediately eligible.  Hope Anna Dixon hangs in.  Playing 6 rotations @ OH as a frosh?  She’s a stud & will only get better.  KC Power is a factory.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 08:23:56 PM by Dirty Deeds »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 23, 2019, 08:59:04 PM »
really fun match and win tonight against the loser squawks

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dirty Deeds

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: October 24, 2019, 09:55:50 AM »
Nice win against KU after falling in an 0-2 hole.  Dixon figuring it out very quickly.  MIR, did you see Kari Zumach transferred to Indiana?