Author Topic: Volleyball  (Read 148588 times)

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Volleyball
« Reply #475 on: September 20, 2015, 08:17:51 PM »
 :)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 20, 2015, 08:35:08 PM »
lol mir she isn't redshirting. i went to one of the games at bramlage and she definitely wasn't wearing a red shirt...

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 20, 2015, 09:01:18 PM »
Oh I thought she just twisted her knee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 23, 2015, 08:38:36 PM »
4 straight losses. #mo

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 23, 2015, 09:39:16 PM »
4 straight losses. #mo
I didn't know ku was still undefeated and highly ranked.  Still hate losing anything to them. 

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: September 23, 2015, 10:54:05 PM »
Nobody probably knows who she is but is freshman middle blocker Macy Flowers going to play this year? She's been hurt.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 23, 2015, 10:59:08 PM »
I don't know.  I'll see what I can find out tomorrow.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 24, 2015, 12:45:40 AM »
4 straight losses. #mo
I didn't know ku was still undefeated and highly ranked.  Still hate losing anything to them.

Hawk volleyball is definitely better than Hawk football and probably draws more actual attendees considering KU's football attendance figures (tix sold, not who shows up).  #JayhawkProud

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 24, 2015, 01:54:18 AM »
Nobody probably knows who she is but is freshman middle blocker Macy Flowers going to play this year? She's been hurt.

Macy will redshirt this season.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 24, 2015, 01:56:35 AM »
4 straight losses. #mo

Hawk volleyball is definitely better than Hawk football and probably draws more actual attendees considering KU's football attendance figures (tix sold, not who shows up).  #JayhawkProud

I thought we played fairly well tonight. This is perhaps the best team that KU has ever had, they're pretty good.

Also Kylee Zumach had surgery earlier today, Wednesday.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 24, 2015, 06:10:08 AM »
Fire Suzie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 24, 2015, 08:17:20 AM »
Fire Suzie
i know this is a prank post but i'll respond-
until our AD shows a real commitment to our volleyball program, we will not find the consistency that we all want.  fritz has done a commendable job when considering what she's been given to work with.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 24, 2015, 09:00:40 AM »
Currie wants to build them a practice facility near Bramlage, and they should just move to Bramlage for games.   I know MIR gets all whack-a-doodle about that, but the only other choice is to build a new indoor track facility and turn Ahearn completely over to volleyball, or build volleyball their own arena.   To do that right will take a lot of money and sorry, they just haven't been that good to justify that kind of expenditure.    I watched some of LSU Arkansas last night from LSU and looked like LSU does some things to cozy up their basketball arena for volleyball matches.     Florida State V-ball plays in some crackerbox gym.   KU is good and Horejesi (sp?) is just some tin shed high school gym.   

I'd love to see a total sports complex with a new indoor track venue and a new volleyball venue, but that's going to take up the beloved parking which some people have some sort of sick infatuation with.    To do something like that is going to cost tens of millions of dollars. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 24, 2015, 09:11:28 AM »
i don't know the specifics about code issues, etc but it seems like if they would just commit to ahearn they could make it a great venue/practice areas/locker rooms.  it's like we're doing the minimum we can to support the program without looking like we ignore it.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 24, 2015, 10:03:31 AM »
Currie wants to build them a practice facility near Bramlage, and they should just move to Bramlage for games.   I know MIR gets all whack-a-doodle about that, but the only other choice is to build a new indoor track facility and turn Ahearn completely over to volleyball, or build volleyball their own arena.   To do that right will take a lot of money and sorry, they just haven't been that good to justify that kind of expenditure.    I watched some of LSU Arkansas last night from LSU and looked like LSU does some things to cozy up their basketball arena for volleyball matches.     Florida State V-ball plays in some crackerbox gym.   KU is good and Horejesi (sp?) is just some tin shed high school gym.   

I'd love to see a total sports complex with a new indoor track venue and a new volleyball venue, but that's going to take up the beloved parking which some people have some sort of sick infatuation with.    To do something like that is going to cost tens of millions of dollars.

I would love for us to play in a facility like Horejsi. It lacks character but it is dedicated and it is a loud bandbox when they have KSU or UT in there, they don't care otherwise. Building a cozy 5000 seat facility at the sports complex would be best. It would obviously be limestone and have some character instead of being a metal outbuilding like Horejsi is. Until that happens we need to stay at Ahearn. I can't stand Ahearn but it is waaaaayyyy better than playing in Bramlage.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 25, 2015, 01:01:25 PM »
Nope, no tin shed cracker boxes.   

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 26, 2015, 08:14:28 PM »
Ladies taking care of Baylor easily this evening.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 27, 2015, 01:13:59 AM »
Yes, they won.  :)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 27, 2015, 05:28:49 AM »
Ahearn is louder than the shed.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 27, 2015, 03:51:04 PM »
On K-States instagram it said the next home match is October 10 in Bramlage. Why?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: September 27, 2015, 06:49:22 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 27, 2015, 06:54:07 PM »
On K-States instagram it said the next home match is October 10 in Bramlage. Why?

That's what they're doing with wildcat weekends (football and volleyball at home) this season, and I hate it. They did it earlier in the season against UNLV and the crowd was big but very quiet in what was a fun match. I'm assuming they're doing this to potentially test a permanent move, gross if so.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 27, 2015, 07:01:00 PM »
Ahearn is louder than the shed.

Nope

I imagine we've both been there. Must be difference of opinion.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 30, 2015, 04:57:56 PM »
Well next two home matches are at Bramlage including Texas.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 01, 2015, 12:25:28 AM »
Well next two home matches are at Bramlage including Texas.

I will be there. Also have been at Ahearn for VB games. Will report on the comparo.