Author Topic: The The Chamber  (Read 44084 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The The Chamber
« Reply #250 on: November 16, 2011, 02:50:55 PM »
There is plenty of legitimate complaints about Old Balls, but this bs about running the QB too much, LOL.  Football, it's not a contact sport, it's a collision sport. 

Agreed.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 16, 2011, 02:52:07 PM »
Yeah, cause we all know former Snyder QBs are all in wheelchairs now.  :rolleyes:

none of the other snyder qbs have had to run this much/take as much punishment.  go ahead and turn a blind eye to it, but we all see what's happening here.  pretty sickening.
Klein has a choice.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 16, 2011, 02:57:43 PM »
 It seems like the point of contention hinges on the definition of "injured."  What a stupid thing to argue about.

no wonder your lsat score was crap with such poor reading comprehension and analytical skills.  :flush:
:horrorsurprise:

dlew12's lsat score was 90th percentile. not bad for a grad. exam. :dunno:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 16, 2011, 02:58:16 PM »
Yeah, cause we all know former Snyder QBs are all in wheelchairs now.  :rolleyes:

just matt miller as far as I know

dylan would have, had he survived the fall.

#ripdylan

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 16, 2011, 03:00:02 PM »
Snyder qbs have pretty much all ran a crap ton.  It's college football, you're going to get hit.  I get it that, in the okcat household, physical contact is avoided at all costs but most 20 yr old college football players love what they do and The Chamber is a running QB.  Guarangoddamntee he would much rather do what he does than simply drop back and throw the ball.
CK was a PRO STYLE QB IN HIGH SCHOOL.  That's why Prince recruited him.  I don't think he had anticipated what Synder would expect out of him.  He's doing what the coach wants and is doing it rather well, but most Division I coaches would not have him run like a running back.  Most coaches want their QB to stay healthy.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2011, 03:05:43 PM »
I'd rather win games than try to make CK into something he's not, but I do think the beating he takes on a weekly basis and him bleeding all over the place maybe doesn't help our chances, such as they are, of landing a 4 or 5 star QB.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2011, 03:06:35 PM »
 It seems like the point of contention hinges on the definition of "injured."  What a stupid thing to argue about.

no wonder your lsat score was crap with such poor reading comprehension and analytical skills.  :flush:
:horrorsurprise:

dlew12's lsat score was 90th percentile. not bad for a grad. exam. :dunno:

dlew retook an lsat score in the 90th percentile?  :thumbs:

Offline bigwilliestyle1407

• Combo-Fan
  • "when the eff did we get ice cream?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 18, 2011, 06:53:28 PM »
"Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
 John Wooden

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 25, 2011, 07:28:57 PM »
"And still, KSU came out with a win. I haven't done the research, but I would be willing to bet there hasn't been another team in Big 12 history to win a game, let alone a conference game on the road, with an injured-but-playing starting quarterback, with less than 125 yards of offense"  from article after Texas/ KSU game.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 26, 2011, 07:55:33 AM »
Remember when we beat KU at home in 05 with 121? Oh man that Snyder is crafty.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 26, 2011, 08:02:34 AM »
CK was a PRO STYLE QB IN HIGH SCHOOL
Based on what evidence?  That's a shitty rough ridin' recruit if his only strong point was his throwing.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 26, 2011, 09:02:43 AM »
I'd rather win games than try to make CK into something he's not, but I do think the beating he takes on a weekly basis and him bleeding all over the place maybe doesn't help our chances, such as they are, of landing a 4 or 5 star QB.

So let's see..  Our QB leads the NCAA in TDs. He is given the green light to make a play on every down.  He is on national TV and ESPN homepage on a weekly basis.  With a good game against ISU he'll be invited to the Heisman show in NYC. And he'll have a championship ring.  Basically, other than the Florida jersey, he's Tim Tebow. 

But a 4* dual threat wouldn't want to come here because of bloody elbows? 

I don't know why we can't recruit a QB. It's been a mystery since Ell.  But I'm sure it has nothing to do with blood loss.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 26, 2011, 09:03:45 AM »
Based on what evidence?  That's a shitty rough ridin' recruit if his only strong point was his throwing.

He ran a double wing offense

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 26, 2011, 11:18:12 AM »

I don't know why we LHCBS can't recruit a QB. It's been a mystery since Ell.  But I'm sure it has nothing to do with blood loss.

FreEMAW was pretty good...kinda opposite CK as JF didn't have anyone to coach up the other players around him.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 26, 2011, 11:38:44 AM »
Based on what evidence?  That's a shitty rough ridin' recruit if his only strong point was his throwing.
Do you think Prince was looking for a dual style QB.  :lol:  CK was brought in to replace Josh Freeman.  Synder decided he could win games with a second running back, this is his style not CK's.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 27, 2011, 01:24:17 AM »
Prince likely didn't bring CK in to be a qb.  Prince would have to be some crazy Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) to look at a high school CK and think he would ever be a pro style qb at the D1 level.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #266 on: November 27, 2011, 02:08:19 AM »
I don't know why we can't recruit a QB. It's been a mystery since Ell.  But I'm sure it has nothing to do with blood loss.

Sams has the best video of any recruit I've seen Snyder recruit since Zac Robinson.  My reaction to seeing their Junior highlights was basically the same (i.e. Pretty meh).  My reaction to seeing their Senior highlights was exactly the same (i.e. Jaw dropped). 

You may as well consider Sams a 4* dual-threat QB.  Had his high school team not had an FCS QB in his class that he had to split time with, they would have played him full-time, and he would have simply blown up.

I mean, I remember them all.  James Battle, Robert Johnson (JUCO), Robert Johnson (Prep), Robbie Ried, Omar Jacobs, Bernard Jackson, Nick Patton, that screw up lefty kid that asked Snyder for money, Josh Portis...and the only one that ever had video that looked like Sams' was Robinson.  And when you look at the list above, probably all four-stars if you dug through Rivals, none of hem had the career that Robinson had by a mile.

Snyder got his QB last year.  The fact that he's getting tutelage from a guy with Klein's attitude is just icing on the cake.

Offline bigwilliestyle1407

• Combo-Fan
  • "when the eff did we get ice cream?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 27, 2011, 07:20:44 PM »
Two things here.

1. If Klien had a capable RB he wouldn't be counted on nearly as much to use his legs and would probably be a better all around better passer because he would still have feeling in his fingers and non seperated sholders from getting hit 30 times a game.
2. I'm very excited about watching sams get on the field. But i have to admit Bender has me equally  :ksu: I think our future at Qb will be brighter then we have ever seen in Manhatten, but only if we get some explosive players around them.

Imagine how meh Freemaw would have been minus Jordy , Figures and Banks....
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 09:45:36 PM by bigwilliestyle1407 »
"Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
 John Wooden

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 27, 2011, 07:29:15 PM »
Prince likely didn't bring CK in to be a qb.  Prince would have to be some crazy Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) to look at a high school CK and think he would ever be a pro style qb at the D1 level.
If you think Prince intended for CK to play another position, then who did Prince recuit to replace Freemaw?  :confused:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 27, 2011, 08:00:40 PM »
If you think Prince intended for CK to play another position, then who did Prince recuit to replace Freemaw?  :confused:
Hey JT while you're at it, explain this quote from Eli- "In a story that now can be told, Roberson played the second half of the 2003 season with a rotator cuff injury that was later diagnoses as being torn 75 to 80 percent off the bone.

Surgery following the Fiesta Bowl, which all but ended his NFL draft hopes, so he opted for a career in the Canadian Football League with the Montreal Alouettes, first as a quarterback and finally as a receiver.

"I never did recover from the surgery, and I ended up having to quit so I could maybe move my arm when I was 50," said Roberson. "As it turned out, continuing to play at K-State really damaged it, but I'd do it over again. I loved the sport, but it was tearing up my body."

Offline MobDeep

• Combo-Fan
  • Ball Hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: November 27, 2011, 08:01:32 PM »
Two things here.

1. If Klien had a capable RB he wouldn't be counted on nearly as much to use his legs and would probably be a better all around better passer because he would still have feeling in his fingers and non seperated sholders from getting hit 30 times a game.
2. I'm very excited about watching sams get on the field. But i have to admit Bender has me equally  :ksu: I think our future at Qb will be brighter then we have  :ksu:ever seen in Manhatten, but only if we get some explosive players around them.

Imagine how meh Freemaw would have been minus Jordy , Figures and Banks....

:flush:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 30, 2011, 01:31:00 AM »
Turns out CK was bruised up and is expected to be all healed for this weekend.  Were bruises the injuries you retards were talking about?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 30, 2011, 01:31:42 AM »
And everyone already knew "Eli" was hurt.  Don't remember saying he wasn't.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The The Chamber
« Reply #273 on: November 30, 2011, 05:17:30 AM »
Man, jt guess you're right.  Just a couple bruises after all.  What a relief.  I mean all along I knew I should've just waited for this info to hit the papers.  If there's one thing about Bill, he and his players always come with the real story to the media.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 30, 2011, 03:34:44 PM »
Turns out CK was bruised up and is expected to be all healed for this weekend.  Were bruises the injuries you retards were talking about?

I'm betting you've never had bruised ribs. . .