Author Topic: The The Chamber  (Read 44136 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The The Chamber
« Reply #225 on: November 15, 2011, 10:37:24 PM »
:dnr:  Can you copy/paste the stuff about CK in the article?  Specifically the stuff about the injury(ies) he has suffered?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 15, 2011, 11:03:42 PM »
:dnr:  Can you copy/paste the stuff about CK in the article?  Specifically the stuff about the injury(ies) he has suffered?

why would i respond to a really dumb comment that you made about gregory w/ an article about klein? good grief. why not just ask me to copy and paste the part where they reviewed the new chevy cobalt and then talked about the recent kardashian divorce. :lol:

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:27:34 PM by rick daris »

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 15, 2011, 11:29:38 PM »
Seems like you responded to my comments about CK with posts about GG.  :dunno:  I already said GG was clearly hurt, the dude never threw a ball over like 10 yds.  CK doesn't seem to have that problem, now does he?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 15, 2011, 11:33:19 PM »
I don't get what's going on in this thread.  It seems like the point of contention hinges on the definition of "injured."  What a stupid thing to argue about.

Look folks, Klein is hurt.  But he's playing and he's playing well.  Which is good for all of us.  So what difference does it make whether he's "injured" or "banged up"?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 15, 2011, 11:35:03 PM »
Seems like you responded to my comments about CK with posts about GG.  :dunno:  I already said GG was clearly hurt, the dude never threw a ball over like 10 yds.  CK doesn't seem to have that problem, now does he?

what part of your post references ck?  :dunno:

I'm just glad that we have guys like Daris who have such elite inside knowledge or we would be forced to simply watch a guy's performance to know if he had suffered some serious injury or not.  Also, it's weird that a guy like GG doesn't heal over time.  I mean, from June to November and his arm never got any better?  Weird.

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/01/19/k-states-qbs-pain-worth-dream-season/

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 15, 2011, 11:38:13 PM »
 It seems like the point of contention hinges on the definition of "injured."  What a stupid thing to argue about.

no wonder your lsat score was crap with such poor reading comprehension and analytical skills.  :flush:

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 15, 2011, 11:38:35 PM »
 :surprised:  :lol:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 16, 2011, 12:12:30 AM »
It seems like the point of contention hinges on the definition of "injured."  What a stupid thing to argue about.

no wonder your lsat score was crap with such poor reading comprehension and analytical skills.  :flush:
READING COMP AND ANALYTICAL REASONING ARE MY FORTES.

:angry:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:14:27 AM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 16, 2011, 08:43:29 AM »
It seems like the point of contention hinges on the definition of "injured."  What a stupid thing to argue about.

no wonder your lsat score was crap with such poor reading comprehension and analytical skills.  :flush:
READING COMP AND ANALYTICAL REASONING ARE MY FORTES.

:angry:

Is rick daris actually zombie Clarence Darrow?  Legit question that must be asked.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 16, 2011, 08:45:25 AM »
who the eff cares...  JT's the same idiot that compared coaching job at stanford to be just as a prestigious job as coaching at USC, Michigan, or Florida.... 

CK is dinged up, hurt, injured... who the eff cares.  He's still playing ball.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 16, 2011, 12:13:57 PM »
time to redact the bullshit

There are so many ways to begin analyzing, critiquing and lauding Klein, but shortly after Klein threw for a career-high 281 yards and one touchdown and one interception, and rushed a career-high 35 times for 103 yards and a nation high-tying five touchdowns against the Aggies, a familiar scene unfolded in the living room of Klein's off-campus home that he shares with younger brother Kyle Klein and redshirt freshman center B.J. Finney.

It began with a trip to the freezer to break out the ice packs.

"Standard game day procedure," Finney said on Tuesday. "We just ice down what's hurting. We wrap the ice packs in a towel, or if it won stay on, we keep some plastic wrap from the trainers and re-wrap that around it."

Doug Klein, who makes these regular pilgrimages eight hours east with wife Kelly for home games, has grown used to witnessing the ordeal after the family's post-game dinner.

"It's definitely part of the routine, there's no doubt about that," Doug Klein said. "They immediately start taking care of their bodies and getting them ready to go for the next week. They have to do that. They don't have a choice."

Asked exactly how much the season has taken a toll on his son, Doug Klein says, "I'll use the quote that he's gotten to be good friends with the training staff."

There's plenty of bumps and bruises and cuts that have helped to pave the way for the Wildcats' leader, who has accounted for 2,513 (69 percent) of his team's 3,641 total yards and 34 of its 40 offensive touchdowns in 10 games. And plenty of scintillating moments have accompanied Klein's climb.

Four months after sharing his thoughts on the upcoming season to a small gathering in that Dallas ballroom, it's become pretty packed on the Klein bus.

Everyone wants to see where he's going to take the Wildcats next.

That includes one former K-State quarterback that finished as runner-up for the 1998 Heisman Trophy to Texas running back Ricky Williams.

Klein has rushed for a nation-leading 24 touchdowns this season. He needs three touchdowns at Texas on Saturday to tie Williams' Big 12 single-season record.

"Collin Klein is definitely leading the team. Everyone looks to him for that leadership when it's game time. Overall, his performance has been superb this year."

- Michael Bishop

"Collin Klein is definitely leading the team," Michael Bishop said on Tuesday. "Everyone looks to him for that leadership when it's game time. Overall, his performance has been superb this year. He does a great job running the ball, being patient and squeezing out the yardage when they need it."

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 16, 2011, 12:33:35 PM »
:teamsams:

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 16, 2011, 12:54:33 PM »
time to redact the bullshit

There are so many ways to begin analyzing, critiquing and lauding Klein, but shortly after Klein threw for a career-high 281 yards and one touchdown and one interception, and rushed a career-high 35 times for 103 yards and a nation high-tying five touchdowns against the Aggies, a familiar scene unfolded in the living room of Klein's off-campus home that he shares with younger brother Kyle Klein and redshirt freshman center B.J. Finney.

It began with a trip to the freezer to break out the ice packs.

"Standard game day procedure," Finney said on Tuesday. "We just ice down what's hurting. We wrap the ice packs in a towel, or if it won stay on, we keep some plastic wrap from the trainers and re-wrap that around it."

Doug Klein, who makes these regular pilgrimages eight hours east with wife Kelly for home games, has grown used to witnessing the ordeal after the family's post-game dinner.

"It's definitely part of the routine, there's no doubt about that," Doug Klein said. "They immediately start taking care of their bodies and getting them ready to go for the next week. They have to do that. They don't have a choice."

Asked exactly how much the season has taken a toll on his son, Doug Klein says, "I'll use the quote that he's gotten to be good friends with the training staff."

There's plenty of bumps and bruises and cuts that have helped to pave the way for the Wildcats' leader, who has accounted for 2,513 (69 percent) of his team's 3,641 total yards and 34 of its 40 offensive touchdowns in 10 games. And plenty of scintillating moments have accompanied Klein's climb.

Four months after sharing his thoughts on the upcoming season to a small gathering in that Dallas ballroom, it's become pretty packed on the Klein bus.

Everyone wants to see where he's going to take the Wildcats next.

That includes one former K-State quarterback that finished as runner-up for the 1998 Heisman Trophy to Texas running back Ricky Williams.

Klein has rushed for a nation-leading 24 touchdowns this season. He needs three touchdowns at Texas on Saturday to tie Williams' Big 12 single-season record.

"Collin Klein is definitely leading the team. Everyone looks to him for that leadership when it's game time. Overall, his performance has been superb this year."

- Michael Bishop

"Collin Klein is definitely leading the team," Michael Bishop said on Tuesday. "Everyone looks to him for that leadership when it's game time. Overall, his performance has been superb this year. He does a great job running the ball, being patient and squeezing out the yardage when they need it."

I find it hard to believe that MB said something so eloquent.   :dunno:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 16, 2011, 01:28:10 PM »

why would i respond to a really dumb comment that you made about gregory w/ an article about klein? good grief. why not just ask me to copy and paste the part where they reviewed the new chevy cobalt and then talked about the recent kardashian divorce. :lol:

I'd be interested in both those things.  TIA

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 16, 2011, 01:42:32 PM »

This.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: November 16, 2011, 01:51:28 PM »

This.

Simple. Canadian influence.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 16, 2011, 01:54:02 PM »
Also,

This season is a perfect example of why no HS qb in his right mind would want to come here to play football for LHC Bill Snyder.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 16, 2011, 02:25:32 PM »
Yeah, no QB with little to no chance of playing on Sundays would want to play at a place where he will be the focal point of the offense and have a chance to break the rushing TD record.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 16, 2011, 02:30:57 PM »
Also,

This season is a perfect example of why no HS qb in his right mind would want to come here to play football for LHC Bill Snyder.
This is my point too.  Who really wants to be a throwing running back who gets the crap knocked out of him in most of the games.  Snyder could give a crap about the health of his QB.
Look for Sams or whoever else is willing to run like an RB and be hit on about every play.  Also chances of going to NFL are close to zero.  They are not looking to invest in someone taught to play running back and throw the ball once in a while.  Usually the season is over after starting QB is injuried and not able to play.  :shakesfist:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 16, 2011, 02:31:41 PM »
Yeah, no QB with little to no chance of playing on Sundays would want to play at a place where he will be the focal point of the offense and have a chance to break the rushing TD record.

he'll be in a wheelchair by the time he's 30.  yeah, that would be awesome.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 16, 2011, 02:32:55 PM »
Yeah, cause we all know former Snyder QBs are all in wheelchairs now.  :rolleyes:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 16, 2011, 02:34:04 PM »
Yeah, cause we all know former Snyder QBs are all in wheelchairs now.  :rolleyes:

just matt miller as far as I know

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 16, 2011, 02:34:29 PM »

none of the other snyder qbs have had to run this much/take as much punishment.  go ahead and turn a blind eye to it, but we all see what's happening here.  pretty sickening.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 16, 2011, 02:37:35 PM »
Snyder qbs have pretty much all ran a crap ton.  It's college football, you're going to get hit.  I get it that, in the okcat household, physical contact is avoided at all costs but most 20 yr old college football players love what they do and The Chamber is a running QB.  Guarangoddamntee he would much rather do what he does than simply drop back and throw the ball.

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 16, 2011, 02:47:33 PM »

he'll be in a wheelchair by the time he's 30.  yeah, that would be awesome.

There is plenty of legitimate complaints about Old Balls, but this bs about running the QB too much, LOL.  Football, it's not a contact sport, it's a collision sport.