Author Topic: NYC  (Read 40926 times)

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: NYC
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2012, 05:25:38 PM »
JFC.  Makes me want to find this guy and get stabby.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2012, 06:39:27 PM »
I didn't realize wearing Royals gear in the Bronx was almost like wearing Blue on the Blood's turf.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2012, 07:15:40 PM »
For some reason I enjoyed the fact that he noted he was riding the subway in the daylight. I mean, I know what he's getting at, but still.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2012, 09:48:14 PM »
For some reason I enjoyed the fact that he noted he was riding the subway in the daylight. I mean, I know what he's getting at, but still.
It was for good reason. That was the best part.

Offline Merk

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2012, 04:52:13 PM »
Are there any Broadway shows playing now that a straight midwesterner male would enjoy?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
NYC
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2012, 05:21:33 PM »
We are going to Book of Mormon. Just got our tix in the mail. I'm bi-curious white Midwestern so I hit most your qualifiers.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2012, 05:44:53 PM »
We are going to Book of Mormon. Just got our tix in the mail. I'm bi-curious white Midwestern so I hit most your qualifiers.

Congrats.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
NYC
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2012, 05:47:54 PM »
Thanks kk. Looking forward to our trip to Chicago as well.

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2012, 10:51:03 AM »
Guy on GPC asks if he, a white midwesterner of high values, will survive visit to The Bronx/Yankee Stadium.  Other's speculate chances about 50/50. 

Anyone heard an update?  Did TXbusinessCat survive the Bronx?  Or did he get str8 mugged?!  :ohno:
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2012, 10:53:09 AM »

Congrats.

Yeah, nice work.  You have to plan way ahead to get those tix.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2012, 10:55:51 AM »
I am crazy jelly of you.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2012, 11:38:22 AM »
I am crazy jelly of you.
I am considering this since SD has already gotten tickets (I mean, it has to be good if SD is going.). What other shows should I be considering?

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2012, 11:44:58 AM »
I am crazy jelly of you.
I am considering this since SD has already gotten tickets (I mean, it has to be good if SD is going.). What other shows should I be considering?
It is crazy hard to get tickets as far as I know. However, I have the soundtrack and other than being extremely uncomfortable sometimes the music is fantastic.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2012, 11:57:16 AM »

[/quote]It is crazy hard to get tickets as far as I know. However, I have the soundtrack and other than being extremely uncomfortable sometimes the music is fantastic.
[/quote]
I am about 4 months out. Their are plenty of tickets available. I just want to pick between at least two shows, and I need some help with what other shows I should be considering.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2012, 12:05:56 PM »
I have never been to NYC, so from your past experiences, please suggest a couple of nice hotels near/on broadway and a couple of great places to eat.

Are the package deals with a hotel and a show the way to go, or are those craptity hotels? I have some points, but I don't give a crap if I use them or not. I will just pay for whatever I do if I select a hotel that I don't have points for.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2012, 12:12:08 PM »
Wicked is super fun.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2012, 12:15:07 PM »

Congrats.

Yeah, nice work.  You have to plan way ahead to get those tix.

yeah, we aren't going until March.  I plan all travel way ahead to assure award availability. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2012, 12:35:41 PM »
just go to one broadway show. If you can't entertain yourself the rest of the time in New York my goodness.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2012, 12:36:47 PM »
just go to one broadway show. If you can't entertain yourself the rest of the time in New York my goodness.

yes, absolutely confirmed

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2012, 12:39:01 PM »
I am only going to go to one. I just want to choose which one and I am asking for some suggestions. So far, I have Book of Mormon and Wicked to chose from. Any other recommendations?

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2012, 01:15:05 PM »
I am only going to go to one. I just want to choose which one and I am asking for some suggestions. So far, I have Book of Mormon and Wicked to chose from. Any other recommendations?

Some musicals/some straight plays:

Death of a Salesman
Newsies
One Man, Two Guvnors
War Horse

I haven't seen Rock of Ages, but it hardly gets more straight, white, and male than that (and it's supposed to be good).  Also, Venus in Fur is supposed to be very good.

Book of Mormon would be my first choice, but...

P.S.  If you want to go to see the 9/11 Memorial, you need to book a couple weeks in advance (maybe even more in the summer?) to be sure you get the day you want.  Lots of folks don't know that.

P.P.S.  Times Square seems utterly unbearable to me, but I see why tourists like spending time there.

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2012, 01:18:17 PM »
And if you do stay in Times Square, have a mutton chop at Keens.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2012, 01:35:16 PM »
And if you do stay in Times Square, have a mutton chop at Keens.
Thank you for the advice! :cheers:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2012, 01:38:02 PM »
When I was staying at the Time Square Marriott for work I ate at the Juniors across the street 3 straight days for breakfast so I could freak people out by putting their fantastic mustard on hash browns. 

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2012, 01:51:18 PM »
When I was staying at the Time Square Marriott for work I ate at the Juniors across the street 3 straight days for breakfast so I could freak people out by putting their fantastic mustard on hash browns.

...and you had the cheesecake at least once, yeah?   :cheese: