Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 193917 times)

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
Re: Dogs
« Reply #1600 on: March 27, 2017, 10:02:58 PM »
had to say goodbye to my best little buddy today. he gave a decade of love and memories. i'll miss him tons.  :cry:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: March 28, 2017, 07:45:03 AM »
:love:

Instead of "Check her out" you should have said "Fits like a glove".

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: March 28, 2017, 07:53:17 AM »
had to say goodbye to my best little buddy today. he gave a decade of love and memories. i'll miss him tons.  :cry:

:frown:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: March 28, 2017, 09:39:07 AM »
Instead of "Check her out" you should have said "Fits like a glove".

Damn.

Offline Dual Ju

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: March 28, 2017, 10:08:18 AM »

Kimball is sad to hear about humans parting with their best buds.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: March 28, 2017, 10:34:26 AM »

Kimball is sad to hear about humans parting with their best buds.

yes, that crap sucks

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: March 28, 2017, 10:34:58 AM »
it was sad waking up this morning and him not right there to greet me goodmorning. hope he saves me a spot on his new couch in heaven.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: March 28, 2017, 09:43:03 PM »
I've learned that on days when she's being weird about her regular dog food, she needs an appetizer like a pig ear or something, after which she promptly eats her food.  I'd initially thought it would be bad to give her treats first, like you wouldn't let a kid have dessert first.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: March 28, 2017, 10:24:46 PM »
Interesting #ack
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: April 09, 2017, 02:01:42 AM »
I don't remember if I posted months ago about when Payton had already become a VIP at the bar and some loony lady started chirping at me about how bad it was for her to be in there and then after I dismissed her, complained to the bartenders who told her to shut up.  Either way, I think the same lady and her friend had the exact same conversations tonight with the same results.  What on earth would possess someone to do that, twice?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: April 09, 2017, 03:53:54 AM »
was she complaining that being at the bar was bad for the dog or that a dog at a bar was bad for the humans?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: April 09, 2017, 09:52:15 AM »
Bad for the dog.  Both conversations with me, to the extent I can remember the earlier one and if it was the same nutjob, ended with her listing her thoughts on the dog and saying "just saying" and me responding to say it to someone else.  She'd then say them to the bartenders who told her the bar was Payton's spot and was staying, and she cashed out.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: April 09, 2017, 02:15:43 PM »
good.  eff her.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: April 09, 2017, 08:12:45 PM »
Bringing a dog to a bar is a very look at me thing, IMO.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: April 09, 2017, 08:31:25 PM »
The sign at the door says "dogs welcome, people tolerated."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: April 09, 2017, 09:11:23 PM »
Unrelated to the c-word at the bar, currently in the course of a $300+ dog ER visit.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: April 09, 2017, 10:02:20 PM »
Unrelated to the c-word at the bar, currently in the course of a $300+ dog ER visit.
Hope she's ok.

A $300 ER visit is pretty cheap.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: April 09, 2017, 10:20:16 PM »
She'll be fine so long as she cooperates with eating and taking all these pills they gave me.  Ended up cheaper than the estimate and just shy of $300.

She and one of her dog friends are out in the courtyard turf playing, and some other lady I see was walking to my building's door with her dog that she always keeps leashed while it stares at the fun dogs playing.  She was saying she doesn't think her dog can be trusted to play and didn't want to try with all of them leashed b/c she was late for work.  Then she realized she'd locked herself out (I'd had to let her in once in the past, when her roommate had their dog leashed up far away), so I go to let her in.  I forgot Payton was off-leash playing and I see Payton's running over to me.  The lady couldn't keep her cujo under control and they start going at it.  When we finally got 'em separated, my friends saw Payton had blood on her tongue, and then that it was from licking a cut above her mouth on the right side.  She seemed fine, but after I cleaned her up and then checked 10 minutes later, it was still bleeding so I took her to the ER vet just to be safe.

They found it was just the one puncture on the outside; it didn't go through to the inside of her mouth.  There was an abrasion close by.  They gave me some painkiller pills and a week of antibiotics that were supposed to start tonight, but always on a full meal.  She looks like she's gonna be KO'd for the night already though so it'll have to start tomorrow.  Hope she'll be hungry.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: April 10, 2017, 09:18:58 AM »
Just put some tussin on it.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: April 10, 2017, 03:49:18 PM »
She isn't missing a beat, other than the medicine making her a little drunk-appearing when wandering around.  No aversion to dogs big or small either, but the doc told me to restrict her from playing hard until the hole's all healed up.  It already looks quite a bit better.

I've been having pretty good luck w/her eating and drinking well, putting the stuff in a mod'd bowl by her bed if necessary, and having her take down the antibiotics by sticking them in a meatball.  Not much success w/the painkillers, but she doesn't seem to be having any pain to kill.  The bottle says to give up to 3 doses daily as needed.  How tf would I know if she needs them?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: April 10, 2017, 03:50:37 PM »
She isn't missing a beat, other than the medicine making her a little drunk-appearing when wandering around.  No aversion to dogs big or small either, but the doc told me to restrict her from playing hard until the hole's all healed up.  It already looks quite a bit better.

I've been having pretty good luck w/her eating and drinking well, putting the stuff in a mod'd bowl by her bed if necessary, and having her take down the antibiotics by sticking them in a meatball.  Not much success w/the painkillers, but she doesn't seem to be having any pain to kill.  The bottle says to give up to 3 doses daily as needed.  How tf would I know if she needs them?

If she is whining or limping or acting like she doesn't want to move.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: April 10, 2017, 03:52:01 PM »

She doesn't need them. Also if the vet gave her Tramadol (sp?) It's pretty much worthless. All it will do is make her lethargic. If she is eating and drinking now she is fine and I would toss the BS meds.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: April 10, 2017, 03:55:32 PM »
You mean toss just the painkillers (it's tramadol), not the antibiotics too, right?  Vet said that even if she seems great to finish those out to be certain there's no infection or anything even if the wound is all healed up on the outside.

D-rew's the one who's all intrigued by taking dog drugs, right?  Make the extra tramadols a FattyFest auction item?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: April 10, 2017, 04:01:12 PM »
give the full course of antibiotics.  don't give the painkillers.

some dogs (a lot of them) don't seem to hardly feel pain.  it's weird.  such fascinating animals.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: April 10, 2017, 04:02:25 PM »
Only toss the tramadol. As for recreational use of said tramadol good luck with that. All it will do is make you mildly sleepy. My dog took those for about 5 years. They are very pud and not an opioid. I use to get them from Walgreens by the 500 count at a time.