Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Dogs
« Reply #1300 on: December 08, 2016, 08:01:54 PM »
shame her.

We were actually on the way to try to infiltrate the amazon go store, but we went right back home and I've been giving her a look of disappointment since.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: December 08, 2016, 08:09:44 PM »
This is very similar to what I'm seeing, but there was no resolution in the thread.

http://www.dogforums.com/first-time-dog-owner/111304-dog-pooping-during-walks.html

These don't really address why a dog would suddenly start sidewalk crap'n, but I guess trying to do the training regardless would be a good idea.

http://obrag.org/?p=55464
https://www.cuteness.com/blog/content/how-to-stop-a-dog-from-pooping-on-concrete

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: December 08, 2016, 08:40:22 PM »
just move to san fran, sidewalk shitting is widely accepted there by pets and humans alike

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: December 08, 2016, 11:32:01 PM »
Just got her to crap in the correct spot under adverse conditions.  First snow and everyone and their dog being outside to document it.  I went with "poop time" as the magic words to start conditioning on-demand crap'n, but I don't think she heard me.  Luckily I had a treat on hand.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: December 08, 2016, 11:35:55 PM »
I use "go poop"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: December 09, 2016, 12:41:23 AM »
Just got a 2nd properly located crap!

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: December 09, 2016, 08:08:31 AM »
I always said "time to potty". Made it pretty adorable.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: December 09, 2016, 10:10:57 AM »
I was hoping that Dexter's mild separation anxiety would start to subside as he settled in to living with me, but it looks like I'm going to have to work with him to break it. It should be fun. Who wants to help me shop for toys?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: December 09, 2016, 10:12:23 AM »
Howl-a-dayz Inn

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: December 09, 2016, 10:18:48 AM »
daycare will be a last resort.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: December 09, 2016, 10:21:14 AM »
I was hoping that Dexter's mild separation anxiety would start to subside as he settled in to living with me, but it looks like I'm going to have to work with him to break it. It should be fun. Who wants to help me shop for toys?
My parents dog has such bad separation anxiety, that he licks his paws to death and has scars now from licking the same places over and over.  :frown:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: December 09, 2016, 10:41:17 AM »
that poor pup.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: December 09, 2016, 03:09:22 PM »
shame her.

We were actually on the way to try to infiltrate the amazon go store, but we went right back home and I've been giving her a look of disappointment since.
  You should hang a sign around her neck that says I pooped on the sidewalk, take her picture and post it on social media.  That should teach her a lesson she will never forget.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: December 12, 2016, 04:38:48 PM »
There are treats that she finds beneath her.  I'd gotten these, and she had gotten into a pattern of going psycho happy at the thought of getting one after a meal.

I switched it up and bought these mint ones last time, thinking if the goal is teeth/breath stuff, that "mint" is better than "beef."  She was all fired up and took it, gave me her WTF look and chewed on it for like 15 seconds before spitting it out and leaving it to lay on the ground all day.

I'd bought some chewy treat things that were for sneaking pills inside of, back when I thought the pill I had to give her that gave her the shits was a "pill."  I'd given her one of the treats sans pill just to get her accustomed to them, and she promptly spit that one out too.  You gotta come with the flavors she craves, not just any treat thought suitable for a dog.

OT: the gE google ad thing now knows that I keep making fun of our shitty games on espnnews and such sponsored by flashlights.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: December 12, 2016, 05:01:00 PM »
And she just crap on the sidewalk again.  Unfortunately, the public humans here don't assist in the shaming.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: December 12, 2016, 05:04:28 PM »
Get her Greenies. My dog loved these and they cleaned her teeth really well. For her I would give her the regular size.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: December 12, 2016, 05:13:13 PM »
I got something from the bougie pet store that are like treat on the outside and toothpaste on the inside that she went for, albeit not as much as the beef dentastix.  They're relatively expensive though so I was gonna do a 2/1 or 3/1 mix of stix and paste treat. 

But she can deal with the rough ridin' mint stix now until she rectifies her sidewalk crap'n.  She's currently laying bedless with a big-time shamed look on her face.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: December 12, 2016, 05:19:34 PM »
it's good that she has the self-esteem to refuse treats that are beneath her dignity.  very positive sign.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: December 12, 2016, 05:19:55 PM »
Yeah these aren't really "treats". I only gave her like  a week of those.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: December 12, 2016, 05:52:23 PM »
I took the bed away and went in my room and closed the door, for shaming purposes, and when I came out, she was laying on a bed-size grouping of papers I'd laid on the floor that I need to have access to all of for a meeting.

This sidewalk thing really has me vexed.  Like, she knows it's unacceptable to crap inside.  She knew for weeks to crap on grass or grass-ish things.  In fact, she'd go into the deeper of grass in the courtyard and once in my buddy's yard.  So, it's like she wants a touch of privacy.  Yet, she's also fine with just setting up shop in the middle of a busy sidewalk when there's trees and such all around.  I can't imagine there's issues with not being able to hold it, as she's had crap options in the courtyard immediately prior to shidewalk shits.  Today's happened when we were like a minute from getting back to the courtyard.  WTF?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: December 12, 2016, 06:10:19 PM »
tell me a little more about when (when in the outing) she is shitting and where she has gone before and where she is going next.  she is on leash for the entire outing?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: December 12, 2016, 06:23:09 PM »
tell me a little more about when (when in the outing) she is shitting and where she has gone before and where she is going next.  she is on leash for the entire outing?

When we're outside, the only time she's off leash is in the courtyard area and just for a little bit when I see there isn't anyone out there, or when there's other dogs out there and everyone's in agreement the dogs can play off leash.

When we're going out for a walk in the city, I will always walk her around the courtyard for a bit first so she can piss or poop.  Sometimes she does, sometimes she doesn't.  Today for example, she just stood there bored af in the courtyard, while angling towards the door to the outside that to me indicated she was ready to walk.  We walked for about 10 minutes with no issues and were just about back when she suddenly shat.  There have been other times when she suddenly shat within a couple minutes of the walk.  On all occasions, she would have recently passed a tree on a cutout of grass or dirt that would've been better for shitting on.

Before and after these problem times, she shits in various acceptable places in the courtyard, whether that's from the shame or because I've been scared to even allow her to go for walks until I thought we were over the problem.

What I want her to do is crap in the most acceptable areas, either when the opportunity presents itself most times or to hold it until we're back there, or at least go to a grass/dirt/tree area if the need to crap arises mid-walk.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: December 12, 2016, 06:26:20 PM »
Try stopping in some acceptable places a few minutes into the walk and use the poop time command

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: December 12, 2016, 06:37:33 PM »
Plot twist: I just took her out to the courtyard and she crap in a good spot.  Maybe she stopped shitting on the sidewalk an hour or so ago mid-crap when I was saying no and saved a batch for the courtyard?  Both seemed like full regular amounts.  I gave her a treat outside and her bed back once inside.

Try stopping in some acceptable places a few minutes into the walk and use the poop time command

That "poop time" thing doesn't seem to work at all. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: December 12, 2016, 06:39:11 PM »
What is the appropriate negative reinforcement thing to do instantly if/when she's shitting in the sidewalk, that won't have the humans that thing she's cute regardless of what she's doing calling the cops on me?