Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 192209 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Dogs
« Reply #1275 on: November 30, 2016, 09:06:14 PM »
vets and advice people love to tell you that splintered bone stuff.  it can happen, but it's not common.  most dogs eat 99.9999% of bones just fine.  it's really just risk mgmt/personal preference.  i give my dogs cooked bones of all species all the time.  once i had to pick a chunk of bone out from where it got stuck between his teeth.  that's once out of 9 million bones.

if you give her bones, i'd watch to make sure she seems to know like she knows what she's doing with it (basically settles down to gnaw in a relaxed fashion and not trying to gulp it down before you change your mind and take it away from her) and just prolly only give her bones when you're around to see if she has a problem.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: November 30, 2016, 09:12:04 PM »
the thing about it is that dogs are so dumb that they will literally eat anything you put in front of them, so why even risk putting a deadly bone in it's mouth when it would be just as happy chewing on a radiator from a 2002 honda civic?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: November 30, 2016, 09:16:04 PM »
I'd only read lib's response by the time the bone was available.  She was staring at me and it, and started approaching as I was about to put in the trash.  I didn't want to traumatize her by continuing to trash it in her face, so I put the plate away and will trash it later.  I told her lib said she can't have it and gave her a regular dog treat.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: November 30, 2016, 09:25:39 PM »
dried bull dick?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: November 30, 2016, 09:34:53 PM »
trim have you been accosted by lovely ladies yet because of peyton?  i bring my neighbor's pup down to the falloon patio and the lovely ladies just line up.  pups are the real deal panty droppers.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: November 30, 2016, 09:45:03 PM »
Our stupid crap dog pulled rib bones out of the trash on Monday night when only my wife and kids were here. Today he's sick, ate about three bites of food, barfed it up, and he can't crap.

Every time he pulls something out of the trash he gets sick, yet the idiot continually pulls stuff out of the trash when I'm not home.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: November 30, 2016, 09:48:08 PM »
the funny thing is that i'm sure he thoroughly enjoyed it at the time.  next time he should stop at just one rib.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: November 30, 2016, 10:00:52 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: November 30, 2016, 10:12:00 PM »
he got the itis

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: November 30, 2016, 10:22:24 PM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: November 30, 2016, 10:43:33 PM »
bone eating is just like anything else in life.  you aren't good at it your first time out, it takes practice.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: November 30, 2016, 10:56:34 PM »
We just went for a long walk and came back through the courtyard.  I was about to let her off leash so she could run or whatever when another dog came up, but her human was down w/them both being off leash and playing.  That was going well, and another little bulldog came down off leash, and that dog's whole goal was to sex Payton.  It was like 30 minutes of "Mr. Brown" trying to orally pleasure anything he could and getting away with it for a second before Payton would snap on him.  But they both seemed to be having fun, him sexually assaulting and her popping off and running wild to escape/chase him.

When she plays w/dogs, her eyeballs almost pop completely out of her sockets, cartoon-style.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: November 30, 2016, 10:57:24 PM »
bone eating is just like anything else in life.  you aren't good at it your first time out, it takes practice.

sys is still her favorite; she's not a fan of lib now.  But I'm still not giving her the bone.  I just did 2 days of sick and I need a break.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: November 30, 2016, 10:58:44 PM »
 :frown:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: November 30, 2016, 10:59:20 PM »
there are no qualifiers on "give a dog a bone"

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: November 30, 2016, 11:04:11 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: November 30, 2016, 11:33:39 PM »
Topical

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: December 01, 2016, 03:50:23 PM »
trim have you been accosted by lovely ladies yet because of peyton?  i bring my neighbor's pup down to the falloon patio and the lovely ladies just line up.  pups are the real deal panty droppers.

Payton just split the double-team of 2 super-sterotypical euro ladies in the most touristy of places, the gum wall.  One was even wearing a red beret, which I didn't even think happened in real life.  Non-beret pet'd Payton down for a while, babbling in some other language besides english or dog. 

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: December 01, 2016, 04:12:02 PM »
This has got to be the most enjoyable thread on this blog since the original Pete look alike thread that spawned the Eddy Murphy stuff. :thumbs:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: December 01, 2016, 04:54:42 PM »
sometimes I look at dogfood and I think damn, I could eat that.  same with a lot of wet cat food.

never had the nerve to go through with it, but a lot of times that stuff looks like good eatin'.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: December 01, 2016, 06:53:47 PM »
dried bull dick?

Holy crap! I just bought that same package of treats for Dexter last night.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: December 01, 2016, 09:05:45 PM »
sometimes I look at dogfood and I think damn, I could eat that.  same with a lot of wet cat food.

never had the nerve to go through with it, but a lot of times that stuff looks like good eatin'.

The smell tho

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: December 02, 2016, 11:19:58 AM »

In college we had some dog jerky treat things, decided to eff with people and put them in a zip lock back. People ate them and said they weren't that bad, so we tried them and they weren't the worst thing ever. Very bland, but probably better than having a strong shitty flavor.

^that's a true story that may be misremembered due to drug and alcohol use.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: December 08, 2016, 06:57:26 PM »
New issue.  Her last 4 or so shits have been on busy sidewalks while walking around.  It's not that she's sick or off schedule or backed up or anything.  In this latest instance, we wandered the courtyard acceptable poop spots for like 10 minutes before heading out, and she sniffed out a tree shortly thereafter before moving on and shitting in the middle of the sidewalk w/no warning.

I feel like I can't get too mad b/c it's certainly better than happening inside, but I gotta figure out how to get her back to using spots that aren't for human walking.  Tips?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: December 08, 2016, 07:46:54 PM »
shame her.