daris is gonna be posting from tokyo before this happens

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: Dogs
« Reply #1027 on: October 21, 2016, 02:53:16 AM »
I can't tell if Paris bought her dog here or if this is the Ginza branch of the Hollywood store she bought her dog from.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 21, 2016, 05:27:06 AM »
I can't tell if Paris bought her dog here or if this is the Ginza branch of the Hollywood store she bought her dog from.

Does Sake mean something else other than a gross, overrated drink?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 21, 2016, 06:28:30 AM »
Wow. Huge insult. Sake is the traditional drink of Japan.  Like all things, it can be very good or very bad. Sounds like you enjoy the very bad kind.

Plz watch "the birth of Sake" doc on Netflix! Plz!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 21, 2016, 06:30:13 AM »
I think Sake is the dog's name. Named after the drink and probably the first Japanese word Paris could think of.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 21, 2016, 09:58:59 AM »
Culturally, would someone spend almost 4 grand on a dog just because some reality TV person used to own it, in Japan?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 24, 2016, 02:09:57 PM »
Here's where things stand now that humans are communicating.  This post will help me organize this mess as much as anything, but I need input too.

That place with Ellie finally on 10/22 forwarded my 10/10 email to the 3 foster humans.  The lady with Copper told me I could call her for more info, but Copper is the dog that was deemed a crackhead here and is down near Portland, so that doesn't seem like a good option now that there's stuff coming together close by.

These 2 dogs just got here from Texas over the weekend so the place is observing them to see if they match the descriptions and if they'd work well.  I like how both dogs look.  Callie looks like Dina in non-pitbull form.  I told them these 2 stood out to me but I'm open to any suggestions that match what I'm looking for.

Callie: https://www.gingerspetrescue.org/adoptable-dogs/#action_0=pet&animalID_0=10691355&petIndex_0=30
Blossom: https://www.gingerspetrescue.org/adoptable-dogs/#action_0=pet&animalID_0=10691429&petIndex_0=24

I'd applied at this place for Corky and Loki, but was told they wouldn't be "the right dog for a first time owner, can be a bit nippy with strangers if he gets scared."  She is evaluating other not-yet-posted dogs that just got to her Friday to see if any would be a good fit.

Corky: http://www.chewdogrescue.org/images/Corky_flyer.pdf
Loki: http://www.chewdogrescue.org/images/Loki_flyer.pdf

And here's where I have the most progress with a human on ID'n a dog.  I had asked about a dog on Friday that got adopted on Saturday.  After she got more info on my setup and what I want, she said: "Hi,  we do have a couple of dogs that would meet your home and work environment.  They may be small but they are mighty.  grin"

Gracie: https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/36276341 "Gracie is a 18 month old female terrier mix that weighs 13 lbs.  She is super sweet, wants to be with her person and has a bundle of energy to play and/or go on walks.  Gracie gets along with all size dogs, cats, children, is house broke and is a joy to live with."

Willow: https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/36343345 "Willow is Gracie's daughter.  6 months old on the 27th of Oct, weighs 7.5 lbs, and she too gets along with all dogs, cats, children and is very funny with her puppy antics.  The foster has a video of Willow playing with her two Great Danes, just makes you laugh.  Oh yes, she too is potty broke."

Those are both terriers, which were eliminated by the Corky/Loki human as being good for me.  :dunno:

So thoughts on Gracie and Willow, and if I should move forward there rather than waiting for any of the other leads I have, especially Callie and Blossom?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 24, 2016, 02:24:39 PM »
it's pretty amazing that 47 million US households have figured this out

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 24, 2016, 02:26:42 PM »
Blossom would be my first choice and then Willow.
@mikec2w

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: October 24, 2016, 02:30:08 PM »
trim, i interneted this dog over the weekend and thought of you.  idk if you decided you're interested in borders or not, but this tom dog is hot as eff, obviously.  you can see in his eyes that he's also smart as eff.

http://www.bcrescuenc.org/tom.html
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 24, 2016, 02:31:03 PM »
I vote for Gracie.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 24, 2016, 02:31:28 PM »
if trim doesn't want the tom dog, mocat should get him.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 24, 2016, 02:37:23 PM »
trim, i interneted this dog over the weekend and thought of you.  idk if you decided you're interested in borders or not, but this tom dog is hot as eff, obviously.  you can see in his eyes that he's also smart as eff.

Yep, Tom checks all the boxes, but that'd be a hell of a drive.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 24, 2016, 02:40:47 PM »

border collie recommendo for a new dog owner in a smaller high rise apt, great job sys smdh

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 24, 2016, 02:56:41 PM »

Yep, Tom checks all the boxes, but that'd be a hell of a drive.

michigancat or i will pick him up for you.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 24, 2016, 02:57:33 PM »
border collie recommendo for a new dog owner in a smaller high rise apt, great job sys smdh

they're the best dogs, pissclams.  that's been scientifically proven so many times it's not even news anymore.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 24, 2016, 03:07:02 PM »
I think my ambivalence on Gracie and Willow is how, at least in those pictures, there's no "facial expression."  They kind of look like cats to me.   

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 24, 2016, 03:30:50 PM »
Culturally, would someone spend almost 4 grand on a dog just because some reality TV person used to own it, in Japan?
It's not same dog. This shop just sells that one kind of dog. Also dog purses and clothes.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 24, 2016, 04:23:50 PM »

they're the best dogs, pissclams.  that's been scientifically proven so many times it's not even news anymore.
great dogs, no doubt.  just wondering about the energy level freaking trim out. collies are outside dogs.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 24, 2016, 04:30:23 PM »
I wasn't aware that most puppy-mills were claiming to be rescue societies now-a-days when selling $600 dogs on the internet.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 24, 2016, 04:43:42 PM »
Tom is an excellent specimen sys

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 24, 2016, 04:56:29 PM »
I wasn't aware that most puppy-mills were claiming to be rescue societies now-a-days when selling $600 dogs on the internet.

Within the range of $0-600 that I've seen, the dogs are price inelastic.  My only takeaways from the amounts of the "donations" has been a possible indicator of how well-communicating the humans are.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 24, 2016, 05:07:17 PM »
"hi welcome home mocat. i really really really would like to play frisbee right now."

- Tom

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 24, 2016, 06:18:12 PM »
Callie, Blossom, and Corky all look like awesome dogs. That advice about first time owners because Corky is nippy is really stupid. Do they think non first time dog owners are incapable of telling a dog, no?