Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 192114 times)

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Dogs
« Reply #525 on: April 26, 2016, 11:09:25 AM »
Yeah, the short lifespan was the primary concern and we are aware of the health problems.  Also didn't know if bullies were territorial with the male/male dog thing since we already have a smaller male dog but I think we are going female anyway.

You guys hit the head on the nail, the three we were looking at were Newfoundlands, Bernese Mtn dogs, and Bullmastiff.  We kinda went towards the bully because much less shedding and wife likes the tough guy look for a little sense of security when walking around our new place (moving into the city/little more crime/etc)

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 26, 2016, 11:34:08 AM »
If you are living in Kansas, summer would be brutal on a newfoundland or bernese mtn dog. You could also look at Swiss Mountain Dogs (less hair) or Danes. Both are supposed to be pretty chill and will probably have less slobber than the Bully.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 26, 2016, 11:46:48 AM »
If you are living in Kansas, summer would be brutal on a newfoundland or bernese mtn dog. You could also look at Swiss Mountain Dogs (less hair) or Danes. Both are supposed to be pretty chill and will probably have less slobber than the Bully.

I'm in a cooler climate than Kansas.  Those two breeds are insanely popular here and we like both, we just prefer less shedding.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 26, 2016, 11:47:52 AM »
wolfhound or deerhound.  those are some sweet, sexy pieces of giant dog meat.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 26, 2016, 11:58:50 AM »
wolfhound or deerhound.  those are some sweet, sexy pieces of giant dog meat.

good grief, both of those look like rabid ghost dogs

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 26, 2016, 12:04:47 PM »

:lick:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 26, 2016, 12:06:00 PM »
yikes @ scurvy death dog

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 26, 2016, 12:18:00 PM »
The wolfhound never looks big in pictures alone, but then you meet one in real life and you are like HOLY crap THAT IS A BIG ASS DOGE.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 26, 2016, 01:37:48 PM »
there is a puppy in an apartment down the hall that has been absolutely losing its crap the past few days. today it has been barking for four solid hours now. it sounds like it's right next to the door so i'm doubting the owners put it in a cage/kennel when they leave for the day. i work from home and can usually put on music or something to cover it up, but i would say my level of being annoyed is at a 3.5/7.

is there anything i can do in this situation? should i leave a note for the owners as if they will/can do anything about it? or do i just have to deal with it?

haven't been home much in the past few weeks, but i'm back this week and just left a note. i went out to make sure i had the right apartment, it's directly across the hall. i think the dog actually is in a cage/kennel because i can hear it scraping around in there. poor thing is miserable, just constantly barking and whimpering. i offered to take it on walks or dog sit occasionally.  :drool:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 26, 2016, 01:46:02 PM »
My across-the-street neighbor has two wolfhounds.  Can confirm they are quite large.  Otherwise seem like nice dogs.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 26, 2016, 02:09:32 PM »
Good bump. Here's a pic of Norman all grown up. 72lbs of killer pitbull mix.

"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 26, 2016, 02:29:05 PM »
a border collie, naturally.  or close enough to one.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-36130437

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 26, 2016, 02:55:43 PM »
there is a puppy in an apartment down the hall that has been absolutely losing its crap the past few days. today it has been barking for four solid hours now. it sounds like it's right next to the door so i'm doubting the owners put it in a cage/kennel when they leave for the day. i work from home and can usually put on music or something to cover it up, but i would say my level of being annoyed is at a 3.5/7.

is there anything i can do in this situation? should i leave a note for the owners as if they will/can do anything about it? or do i just have to deal with it?

haven't been home much in the past few weeks, but i'm back this week and just left a note. i went out to make sure i had the right apartment, it's directly across the hall. i think the dog actually is in a cage/kennel because i can hear it scraping around in there. poor thing is miserable, just constantly barking and whimpering. i offered to take it on walks or dog sit occasionally.  :drool:

he responded! said thanks for letting him know and that he has been trying to work from home, and that would totally take me up on the offer to dog sit once in a while! it's like i'm getting a dog but only for small amounts of time and don't have to pay for it!  :excited:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 26, 2016, 03:08:54 PM »
congratulations on acquiring your dog share.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 26, 2016, 03:10:12 PM »

possibly the best outcome you could possibly hope for from this sitch.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: April 26, 2016, 03:11:25 PM »
This has got to be fake.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 26, 2016, 03:27:19 PM »

possibly the best outcome you could possibly hope for from this sitch.

I'd like to get in on a dog-share.

The Big Train

« Reply #542 on: April 26, 2016, 08:40:49 PM »
Good bump. Here's a pic of Norman all grown up. 72lbs of killer pitbull mix.

goodness  :love:

The Big Train

« Reply #543 on: April 26, 2016, 08:41:35 PM »
my tibetan is a great big breed

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 27, 2016, 06:00:30 PM »

he responded! said thanks for letting him know and that he has been trying to work from home, and that would totally take me up on the offer to dog sit once in a while! it's like i'm getting a dog but only for small amounts of time and don't have to pay for it!  :excited:

hey guys, meet Henry!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 27, 2016, 06:02:39 PM »
he's a young buck just comin' up

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 27, 2016, 06:06:47 PM »
look at that fat little tail.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 27, 2016, 06:20:51 PM »

hey guys, meet Henry!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 27, 2016, 06:23:41 PM »
Other people's puppies are just the best thing in the world
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Tobias