Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 195547 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Dogs
« Reply #2075 on: February 27, 2022, 02:07:08 PM »
Just paid for the worlds most expensive dark chocolate bar yesterday.   Lil bastard dug into my travel bag, under a pile of clothes I was about to unpack and ate the whole thing.    $300 later he was fine.

No wonder you've been so upset lately.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: February 27, 2022, 02:35:55 PM »
We've got 4 bones we're working on currently.  All of them kept within site.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: March 02, 2022, 12:07:55 PM »
Doggie SF needed some shots yesterday. Mrs. SF took her to the vet. The vet is normally pretty great and reasonable, but as I've said, Doggie SF is batshit. She has gotten better on walks when dudes are around but she still side eyes them and if they even look at her she growls at them. Sweetest little crap ever, but some dude treated her bad as puppy or something. Anywho, Mrs SF and Doggie are chilling at the vet and apparently shots "require" an examination. She was like whatevs, well, the examination apparently included touching and Doggie SF was have none of that crap. The vet basically said eff it, and asked other than being a lunatic, is she ok. Mrs SF was like, yeah, she just hates dudes. He said, cool and somehow gave her a couple of shots without getting his arm ripped off and out the door they went. Checked out the bill this morning. $54 "exam" fee.  :curse: I mean, shouldn't I at least get a discount if you don't even touch the dog?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: March 02, 2022, 12:12:38 PM »
We've got 4 bones we're working on currently.  All of them kept within site.

Tom

:love:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: March 02, 2022, 12:13:02 PM »
Just paid for the worlds most expensive dark chocolate bar yesterday.   Lil bastard dug into my travel bag, under a pile of clothes I was about to unpack and ate the whole thing.    $300 later he was fine.

That legit sucks
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: March 02, 2022, 01:12:43 PM »

That legit sucks

When doggie was just a pup, my kids were were being dumbass kids and playing with one of those small super bouncy balls. Didn't even know we had such a thing. Anyway, the ball ended up "missing". Of course, there was no real evidence that Doggie ate it, but according to them, it was likely. Several hundred dollars later, still no ball.  :dunno:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: March 02, 2022, 02:15:17 PM »
Doggie SF needed some shots yesterday. Mrs. SF took her to the vet. The vet is normally pretty great and reasonable, but as I've said, Doggie SF is batshit. She has gotten better on walks when dudes are around but she still side eyes them and if they even look at her she growls at them. Sweetest little crap ever, but some dude treated her bad as puppy or something. Anywho, Mrs SF and Doggie are chilling at the vet and apparently shots "require" an examination. She was like whatevs, well, the examination apparently included touching and Doggie SF was have none of that crap. The vet basically said eff it, and asked other than being a lunatic, is she ok. Mrs SF was like, yeah, she just hates dudes. He said, cool and somehow gave her a couple of shots without getting his arm ripped off and out the door they went. Checked out the bill this morning. $54 "exam" fee.  :curse: I mean, shouldn't I at least get a discount if you don't even touch the dog?
My sister's friend adopted an old Kuvasz that had previously lived with a Lesbian couple and hated men.

One time I came out of the bathroom and the dog was at the other end of the Hallway blocking me in and just growling at me. My sister's friend had to come and get the dog.

Kuvasz are freaking massive, scared the crap out of me.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: March 02, 2022, 02:39:41 PM »
Had a rescue dog as a kid that absolutely hated men (aside from immediate family). We had her for like 10 years and while she settled in to a happy life she carried that early trauma (whatever it was) her whole life and was rarely at ease. Very sad.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: March 02, 2022, 02:55:04 PM »

You said the vet gave the dog the shots, though. :dunno:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: March 02, 2022, 03:36:32 PM »

You said the vet gave the dog the shots, though. :dunno:

Yeah, haven't asked how that happened. I think an exam involves checking the belly and touching in various areas that Doggie wasn't going to allow. Mrs SF prob gave some hugs while he administered the shots from behind.

She just hates men. Our daily walk is along a golf course behind the fence. She was watching this dude with his bag get closer and closer to the fence. He hit is ball pretty close and was looking for it. It timed about perfectly that we were right next to the ball when he found it. Doggie just stared him down as we walked by and I was like, "good doggie", but then the guy says, "hi pup" and she growled at him. ha.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: March 02, 2022, 03:37:27 PM »
My sister's friend adopted an old Kuvasz that had previously lived with a Lesbian couple and hated men.

One time I came out of the bathroom and the dog was at the other end of the Hallway blocking me in and just growling at me. My sister's friend had to come and get the dog.

Kuvasz are freaking massive, scared the crap out of me.

I never considered that fact that Doggie could be a man hating lesbian.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: March 02, 2022, 07:57:31 PM »
About 90% of the dogs I had over the years have been rescued dogs.  About 89% of those dogs hate men, go figure.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: March 11, 2022, 08:03:24 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: March 11, 2022, 08:11:01 PM »
Amazing from start to finish

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: March 11, 2022, 09:49:30 PM »
Got all my bones buried in the snow.  They're safe until this stuff melts.

Tom

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: March 13, 2022, 08:37:33 PM »
Not sure if I should put this here or the farm thread but I recently heard an add for a brand of Dog food called "The farmer's dog" and how it was all primo ingredients like what a farmer would feed their dog....I had a hearty L O L.

You know what real farm dogs are eating? Some cheap ass kibble and whatever leftovers get thrown out in his bowl.

I remember my grandparents having exactly 2 dogs growing up. 1 a border collie type dog that lived to be about 10 and when it died(hit by a car) then they got a Lab that made it a couple of years before it accidentally ate some sort of poison that was kept on hand because of farm stuff.

Both dogs were not allowed in the house and had a little doghouse outside.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 08:42:19 PM by ben ji »

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: March 13, 2022, 08:41:49 PM »
I remember the lab best because I was out of the farm over Christmas one time when I was about 8-9ish. Snow on the ground so we got towed around the pasture on a sled behind a pickup. The lab would just follow us around.

When we would hit a frozen cow patty and get thrown off the sled the lab would come up and start humping us...my gpa would just laugh and say he was lonely.

Went out there to next summer and asked where the dog was and got a response like "Oh yeah, Timmy ate some rat poison a couple months ago" : Shrug:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: March 14, 2022, 02:18:35 PM »
Thought this thread was about Dongs and I was about to be excited. Imagine my disappointment.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: March 31, 2022, 10:46:35 AM »
noob question: is it normal for vets to send dogs home after anesthesia if they are still barfing? Our vet has done this twice, after our pup got neutered and after he had to have anesthesia for dental cleaning yesterday. This time wasn't as bad as before but he still barfed like four times after coming home. I told Mrs SSOC to have the vet keep him until he wasn't barfing anymore but they didn't seem to think it was a big deal. After he got neutered, he went around the house frantically searching for water. As soon as we would relent and give him some, he would barf again. Humans don't usually get sent home after surgery while they are still barfing, maybe it is different for pets.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: March 31, 2022, 12:50:55 PM »
noob question: is it normal for vets to send dogs home after anesthesia if they are still barfing?

No.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: March 31, 2022, 06:51:50 PM »
Find another Vet.  :th_twocents:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: April 09, 2022, 05:31:30 PM »
incoming!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: April 09, 2022, 05:44:35 PM »
 :Wha:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: April 09, 2022, 06:08:28 PM »
Beautiful

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: April 09, 2022, 06:40:41 PM »
Clams, this is a thread for dogs not Hamsters.