Author Topic: Jason King  (Read 42816 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Jason King
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2011, 08:15:37 AM »
there's an old saying that goes "behind every great fortune is a great lie".

whoever came up with that saying was talking about ku basketball.

what a sad environment in lawrence, ks.  

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2011, 08:18:48 AM »
from kusports comments...

wow, just wow.

How does it paint KU in a bad way. Giddens put himself in a bad position with his on-court play and in a situation that led to him being stabbed and KU cut ties with someone who at the could've dragged the program down with him. KU did what they needed to do and this except paints Giddens as a bitter person who didn't take responsibility for himself for getting into a bad situation. The Micah Downs quote I'm guessing was supposed to be motivation for Giddens to work his butt off to prove Self wrong, but Giddens took it literally that Downs was going to come in and be handed Giddens spot instead of a challenge to make himself better that a statement like that is intended to do.

Not to mention that HCBS may have been saying it in a joking manner. We don't know the tone Self used, even though it's portrayed here to have been a cut. We all saw the love at the Legend's game. I don't think we need to worry that Bill is treating the boys badly. This may help sell books, but JR, we all know the score.

Self is bitingly sarcastic. He is not to be taken literally when he says things like that.

J.R. was one of those people who had a sense of entitlement, and it ruined his Kansas career as well as KU's 2005 season. He single-handedly shot us out of the 2005 tournament. To this day, of the big NCAA upsets we've suffered in the Bill Self era, I still count that loss to Bucknell as the most humiliating of all.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2011, 08:42:48 AM »
from kusports comments...

I don't think we need to worry that Bill is treating the boys badly.

The last time I watched Roots, I thought to myseff, "seff, dem boys on the plantation don't seem to be smiling at all."

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2011, 09:50:23 AM »
 :sdeek:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2011, 10:44:05 AM »
Just sitting here SMH.

Oh come on 19 year old, don't you know when the millionaire coach is joking??

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2011, 10:59:12 AM »
wow, seff. unreal (not even joking). JR Giddens excerpt....

Any thoughts I had about leaving (school early) for the NBA ended when I got stabbed. After that I knew I wasn’t going anywhere. If anything, I was trying to figure out if I was ever going to play basketball again.

I think that’s why they made me leave Kansas. The doctor said I would walk with a limp for the rest of my life. He said I was going to come back 50% and I wasn't going to be able to play basketball anymore.

I’m not saying Kansas threw me out like a battery. But they get McDonald’s All-Americans every day. They weren’t going to let me stay around campus and be Moulaye Niang.

Micah Downs was coming in. Bill Self used to always tell me, “Micah is coming in and he's better than you.” He would just say little stuff like that and I was like, “Dang, man, you’re not even for me, are you?” I wanted to stay at Kansas but I felt like they just pushed me out the door, especially after getting stabbed. I was like, “I'm sitting here worrying if I'm ever play basketball again and you guys are over here talking to me in an inappropriate manner? I'm 19 years old. You guys are supposed to my college coaches. Instead, at the first sign of trouble, you guys are turning your back on me?” I felt like it was everyone from the coaching staff to the people up there in the offices. As a 19-year-old who was immature and didn’t understand life, I took that really hard. I left the office in tears when I knew I was leaving.

I remember that day really well. I walked out of there on crutches, crying. I’d been interrogated for about seven hours for three days straight. Then those guys did that to me? A few weeks before that, I had to move out of my dorm at the Towers. I and was staying with Josi Lima, my girlfriend at the time who played volleyball. Bill Self was telling my teammates not to have any contact with me. Darnell Jackson and Jeremy Case were two of my best friends, and they weren’t even allowed to talk to me. Aaron Miles was done playing so he came over. He was the only person who came and saw me. I was like, “Dang, I’m 30 feet from where I used to stay and you guys can’t even come over here and see me?” I’m stabbed and laid up and don’t even know if I’m going to play basketball again. That was very kind of Kansas basketball and Bill Self, to tell people to stay away from me like I was a team cancer.

Just like how Frank treated Curt and others only the exact opposite

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2011, 12:21:05 PM »
How do you expect people to live in Lawrence and not get stabbed?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2011, 04:58:04 PM »
Holy crap!  What a monster.

He doesn't even aim for the recycling bin, he just wads them up and throws them straight at the trash can. 

Horrible human being.  The entire culture....

I mean....eff!

Bet Massa had a fat steak and a cuban(green card joke here) after the crutches/tears thing.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2011, 05:07:52 PM »
Understanding Massa a little better sure explains Sherron's issue: poor chunky bastard was stress eating every time he was able to get away from the compound.

Also, the resident FB and Twitter folks need to link this to any recruit that we are listed as both in the running for.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:10:12 PM by CNS Casey »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2011, 05:45:53 PM »
Was Giddens the only one player involved in that fight?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2011, 07:50:24 PM »
Someone send this to Perry Ellis.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2011, 10:10:08 PM »
KU Bball fans are masochists, they will ALL read every sentence of this garbage, then convince one another it can't be true, then go change their underpants.   :lol:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2011, 02:27:54 AM »
Giddens put himself in ... a situation that led to him being stabbed. ... This except paints Giddens as a bitter person who didn't take responsibility for himself for getting into a bad situation.

Blaming the victim, just sick. Seff could have stabbed Giddens himself and these squawks would have claimed he deserved it and Seff was just dishing out some tough love.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2011, 07:03:25 AM »
Wildcat Blue Nation article

Cal also looks to get his players drafted and make millions of dollars. He allows players to play their game and doesn't conform them to a system or hide them on the bench so they don't get good draft grades, and are thus forced to return to school. He wants every player he coaches to have a successful life, and is the true definition of a player's coach. The same cannot be said for many coaches around the nation, who only care about how many wins and championships they have. Take Kansas coach Bill Self for example.

:cheese:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 07:30:22 AM by WillieWatanabe »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2011, 09:48:11 AM »
Wildcat Blue Nation article

Cal also looks to get his players drafted and make millions of dollars. He allows players to play their game and doesn't conform them to a system or hide them on the bench so they don't get good draft grades, and are thus forced to return to school. He wants every player he coaches to have a successful life, and is the true definition of a player's coach. The same cannot be said for many coaches around the nation, who only care about how many wins and championships they have. Take Kansas coach Bill Self for example.

:cheese:

The whole country knows this.  Ellis just got paid enough to ignore.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2011, 02:35:49 PM »
@jahawktalk:

Nothing he said came as a surprise. RT @CNSCasey: @JayhawkTalk what do you think of the Giddens quotes?

@CNSCasey these are the kinds of stories I'm worried about though. Micah Downs...C.J. Giles...Selby...they could all be worse than Giddens..

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2011, 03:48:27 PM »
BITB on the issue NOW

:surprised:

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2011, 03:51:22 PM »
LOLOMGBEAZ  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :love: :love: :love:  4 hours

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2011, 04:09:53 PM »
LOLOMGBEAZ  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :love: :love: :love:  4 hours

big time LOLZ

Also, Roy tried to fight Jeff Graves  :lol:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2011, 04:52:16 PM »
If Self had kept Giddens on the team, you clowns would still be bitching about it.  I love how you hayseeds try to act like you're all about MCMW, then you turn right around and complain that KU's got a bunch of thugs.  So jealous.  So bitter.  So butthurt.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2011, 04:54:14 PM »
TOOT TOOT!!! The validation train is pulling in!  :adored:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2011, 04:55:52 PM »
If Self had kept Giddens on the team, you clowns would still be bitching about it.  I love how you hayseeds try to act like you're all about MCMW, then you turn right around and complain that KU's got a bunch of thugs.  So jealous.  So bitter.  So butthurt.

Good thing you have bill to completely cut them loose and to ostracize them.  Keeping you guys on the straight and narrow...until the next AAU tourney taking place during the DNRecruit period

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2011, 04:58:20 PM »
Frank has run off multiple players at K-State, you butthurt clowns.  Look at Wally Judge, Nick Russell, Fred Brown, etc, etc.  Quit being little bitches.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2011, 04:59:51 PM »
Frank has run off multiple players at K-State, you butthurt clowns.  Look at Wally Judge, Nick Russell, Fred Brown, etc, etc.  Quit being little bitches.

Yeah but they were FPs, TCs, Etc.

None of them got stabbed then thrown under the bus