Author Topic: Jason King  (Read 42841 times)

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Jason King
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2011, 10:38:51 AM »
SteveDave is NOT going to like this....

A LITTLE PAYBACK

People like to talk about the North Carolina and Memphis games, but one of the biggest wins for us during the NCAA Tournament was against Villanova.

No fan boy here.
the #12 seed, and 64th team into the tourney?  :blindfold:
maybe this is b/c they  didn't choke ? i dk.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2011, 02:03:05 PM »
oh man sd...

Quote from: Mario Chalmers
So when it came to the Villanova game, Coach Self called Sherron and me into his office and said, “How do you feel about this Villanova game?” I said, “Coach, this is personal to me. I don’t like Jay Wright.” He was like, “I understand that, but keep it out of the media.” So when the media asked if it was a personal game, we’d say, “No, it’s not personal. It’s just another game.” But during the game we were talking all kinds of s--t to Jay Wright. We’d run by him and tell him, “Sit your ass down! We got this!” Another time we said to him, “This is what you get for cutting us. We’re about to dog you!” Anytime we were throwing the ball in from the sideline, when he was standing up trying to call a play, we’d tell him to shut his mouth and sit down. There was one play where I threw a lob to Shady on an inbounds pass and he dunked over Scottie Reynolds. Right before I threw it I looked at Jay Wright and said, “Watch this!” That game was definitely personal for Sherron and me.

sorry if already posted.

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/31999963

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2011, 02:09:21 PM »
oh man sd...

So when it came to the Villanova game, Coach Self called Sherron and me into his office and said, “How do you feel about this Villanova game?” I said, “Coach, this is personal to me. I don’t like Jay Wright.” He was like, “I understand that, but keep it out of the media.” So when the media asked if it was a personal game, we’d say, “No, it’s not personal. It’s just another game.” But during the game we were talking all kinds of s--t to Jay Wright. We’d run by him and tell him, “Sit your ass down! We got this!” Another time we said to him, “This is what you get for cutting us. We’re about to dog you!” Anytime we were throwing the ball in from the sideline, when he was standing up trying to call a play, we’d tell him to shut his mouth and sit down. There was one play where I threw a lob to Shady on an inbounds pass and he dunked over Scottie Reynolds. Right before I threw it I looked at Jay Wright and said, “Watch this!” That game was definitely personal for Sherron and me.

sorry if already posted.

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/31999963

Garbage human beings.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2011, 03:21:02 PM »
He's writing for Rob and Tully's sandwich blog now.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2011, 03:24:16 PM »
He's writing for Rob and Tully's sandwich blog now.

eff

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2011, 03:36:02 PM »
sounds like a fantastic blog.  is it on the internet?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2011, 03:36:51 PM »
sounds like a fantastic blog.  is it on the internet?

http://boxlunch.me/

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2011, 03:45:50 PM »
oh man, what a interesting treat on this thursday afternoon.  good like a blueberry pop tart.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2011, 10:26:13 PM »
oh man sd...

sorry if already posted.

Garbage human beings.   Incredibly bad ass basketball players

:love:

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2011, 11:44:43 PM »
That story is obviously a fabrication.  KU players never say mean things.  And in fact, "That does bother me a lot that anybody would say anything like that, and more importantly, that anybody would report (players) saying anything like that."

"I don't think our team has the kind of character to do stuff like that"

Yeah.  Right.

It's nice of Chalmers to confirm that Self tells his players to lie to the media. 

"There were comments coming off the KU bench that my staff was witness to ... from wishing him bodily harm to a comment about, 'Hey, where's your green card?'" Fitzgerald said during "The Overdrive" online show that airs after the TV show. "Setting aside the fact that's racist, look KU players, he's from the United States. Puerto Rico is part of the United States. You don't need a green card."

Kansas coach Bill Self responded Monday morning.

"I did hear about that, and that flat-out (ticks) me off, because that did not occur," Self said. "We have coaches who sit between the players. I will ask my players to make sure, but I'm sure that did not occur.

"That does bother me a lot that anybody would say anything like that, and more importantly, that anybody would report (players) saying anything like that."

The four Kansas players who spoke the media Monday — Sherron Collins, Cole Aldrich, Brady Morningstar and Tyrel Reed — said they didn't hear anything of the sort.

"I don't think our team has the kind of character to do stuff like that," said Reed, who played 19 minutes, many of them guarding Clemente. "Nobody said they were yelling or anything like that, so I don't take anything out of that."

"I don't know anything about that," Morningstar said.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 11:55:20 PM by Ira Hayes »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2011, 10:45:32 AM »
There is a reason they are known as the most annoying bunch of punks in the country.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2011, 10:49:29 AM »
There is a reason they are known as the most annoying bunch of punks in the country.

I remember the national perception in whatever year it was that they won the national championship being that KU had a good clean program who did things the right way going up against Memphis' team of thugs. My, how things change.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2011, 02:41:19 PM »
Looks like Jason King is jealous of Kris Humphries and his Kardashian banging ways. Time to throw him under the bus Jason!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Being-8216-an-absolute-jerk-8217-cost-Kris-H?urn=ncaab-wp4959

Online kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2011, 05:30:56 AM »
Sold! I'm buying multiple copies just in case want to read it again.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2011, 09:51:20 AM »
Looks like Jason King is jealous of Kris Humphries and his Kardashian banging ways. Time to throw him under the bus Jason!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Being-8216-an-absolute-jerk-8217-cost-Kris-H?urn=ncaab-wp4959

Well, ku fans can thank Langford for Roy never winning a championship.

What a hater.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2011, 06:30:09 PM »
Langford had more Final Fours in four years than K-State has had in almost fifty. 

:bwpopcorn:

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2011, 06:46:13 PM »
i remember a lot of ku fans hated Langford.  i liked him as a player.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2011, 06:48:11 PM »
Langford had more Final Fours in four years than K-State has had in almost fifty. 

Just think if he wasn't an insecure loser.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2011, 07:25:35 PM »

What makes him an insecure loser? 

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2011, 07:27:23 PM »
KU fan is BITB at convincing themselves that they weren't dumped. The Humphries story is almost as good as the Bryce Brown story.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2011, 07:30:21 PM »

Making freshman girls blow him while he watched his own highlight reels? BTW, not hating. Must have been great.

"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2011, 09:44:01 PM »

Begging his coach to not take an elite player because the guy was good.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2011, 08:07:23 AM »
wow, seff. unreal (not even joking). JR Giddens excerpt....

Any thoughts I had about leaving (school early) for the NBA ended when I got stabbed. After that I knew I wasn’t going anywhere. If anything, I was trying to figure out if I was ever going to play basketball again.

I think that’s why they made me leave Kansas. The doctor said I would walk with a limp for the rest of my life. He said I was going to come back 50% and I wasn't going to be able to play basketball anymore.

I’m not saying Kansas threw me out like a battery. But they get McDonald’s All-Americans every day. They weren’t going to let me stay around campus and be Moulaye Niang.

Micah Downs was coming in. Bill Self used to always tell me, “Micah is coming in and he's better than you.” He would just say little stuff like that and I was like, “Dang, man, you’re not even for me, are you?” I wanted to stay at Kansas but I felt like they just pushed me out the door, especially after getting stabbed. I was like, “I'm sitting here worrying if I'm ever play basketball again and you guys are over here talking to me in an inappropriate manner? I'm 19 years old. You guys are supposed to my college coaches. Instead, at the first sign of trouble, you guys are turning your back on me?” I felt like it was everyone from the coaching staff to the people up there in the offices. As a 19-year-old who was immature and didn’t understand life, I took that really hard. I left the office in tears when I knew I was leaving.

I remember that day really well. I walked out of there on crutches, crying. I’d been interrogated for about seven hours for three days straight. Then those guys did that to me? A few weeks before that, I had to move out of my dorm at the Towers. I and was staying with Josi Lima, my girlfriend at the time who played volleyball. Bill Self was telling my teammates not to have any contact with me. Darnell Jackson and Jeremy Case were two of my best friends, and they weren’t even allowed to talk to me. Aaron Miles was done playing so he came over. He was the only person who came and saw me. I was like, “Dang, I’m 30 feet from where I used to stay and you guys can’t even come over here and see me?” I’m stabbed and laid up and don’t even know if I’m going to play basketball again. That was very kind of Kansas basketball and Bill Self, to tell people to stay away from me like I was a team cancer.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2011, 08:10:47 AM »
 :facepalm: what a worthless human being massa is

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile