Author Topic: phog.net realignment gems  (Read 139124 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: phog.net realignment gems
« Reply #575 on: September 18, 2011, 06:51:54 AM »
Who would have thought five years ago that Dan Beebe and Turner Gill would be responsible for taking a great institution right into the ditch.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 18, 2011, 03:14:31 PM »
How many conference titles in revenue sports does K-State have since the formation of the Big 12? 

Won 1 and played for 3.

KU is zero for zero but did come within one game of making one appearance.  Just like Iowa State.

KU has seven straight titles in revenue sports.  Try again. 

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 18, 2011, 03:16:52 PM »
How many conference titles in revenue sports does K-State have since the formation of the Big 12? 

Won 1 and played for 3.

KU is zero for zero but did come within one game of making one appearance.  Just like Iowa State.

Don't forget that time ku kind of tied with Moo for the division title, except you didn't have to go for the ritual beatdown by OU.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 18, 2011, 03:18:05 PM »

Won 1 and played for 3.

Don't forget that time ku kind of tied with Moo for the division title, except you didn't have to go for the ritual beatdown by OU.

Don't forget the conference title in baseball. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 18, 2011, 03:20:31 PM »
So if you're counting conference baseball titles, which was the post season tourney, we'll have to award Missouri a Conference Title in basketball.

Good job tigers.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 18, 2011, 03:29:20 PM »
So if you're counting conference baseball titles, which was the post season tourney, we'll have to award Missouri a Conference Title in basketball.

Good job tigers.

Typical Butthurt State fan... clinging to the accomplishments of Mizzou in an attempt to compensate for your own lack of success. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 18, 2011, 03:31:51 PM »
LOL . . . look man, you're probably hung over and you're all mad that ku got absolutely clowned yesterday, but I am just pointing out that if you're counting post season tourneys as a conference championship, than moo gets to count there post season basketball championship as a conference championship. 

This isn't hard.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 18, 2011, 03:33:08 PM »
LOL . . . look man, you're probably hung over and you're all mad that ku got absolutely clowned yesterday, but I am just pointing out that if you're counting post season tourneys as a conference championship, than moo gets to count there post season basketball championship as a conference championship. 

This isn't hard.

Well, in that case, KU has like 12 conference titles in basketball in the last 7 years. 

:woot:

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 18, 2011, 03:35:23 PM »
given all this realignment madness, little uconn of the plains has gotta be looking like a top 10 option now for frank the tank :thumbs:

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 18, 2011, 03:48:41 PM »
Not a realignment gem, but a comment in a Chiefs article.  Undoubtedly a KU fan.

#1 who cares about football? These are Kansas City loosers anyway. I hate this time of year all the red in Kansas City and eveyone just making so much noise with these strange tail-gating parties, lack of sophistication and all. Every year everyone expects this team to do well and I don't see why.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: September 19, 2011, 04:03:28 AM »
"This is where KU needs to be selling themselves.  KU bball means a sellout at your gym on the road.  KU bball means good ratings on Big 10 Network.  KU bball means increased Final Four chances and dollars for the Big 10.  Also, the last 2 Big 10 add on's in PSU and NU really suck in bball.  KU must sell themselves as adding bball prestige.  Also I think KU would be attractive to current Big 10 members as a fball win for them on the field.  After adding PSU and NU and with ND likely coming sometime soon, all Big 10 members from Ohio St and Indiana are probably looking for a football break on the field."

Wow. They really can not fathom the irrelevance of basketball in this. Jesus.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 19, 2011, 08:13:21 AM »
Not a realignment gem, but a comment in a Chiefs article.  Undoubtedly a KU fan.

#1 who cares about football? These are Kansas City loosers anyway. I hate this time of year all the red in Kansas City and eveyone just making so much noise with these strange tail-gating parties, lack of sophistication and all. Every year everyone expects this team to do well and I don't see why.
LOOSERS!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 19, 2011, 08:40:43 AM »

Other than misspelling "losers", I agree wholeheartedly.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 19, 2011, 09:40:59 AM »
"This is where KU needs to be selling themselves.  KU bball means a sellout at your gym on the road.  KU bball means good ratings on Big 10 Network.  KU bball means increased Final Four chances and dollars for the Big 10.  Also, the last 2 Big 10 add on's in PSU and NU really suck in bball.  KU must sell themselves as adding bball prestige.  Also I think KU would be attractive to current Big 10 members as a fball win for them on the field.  After adding PSU and NU and with ND likely coming sometime soon, all Big 10 members from Ohio St and Indiana are probably looking for a football break on the field."

Wow. They really can not fathom the irrelevance of basketball in this. Jesus.

Absolutely love the, "if you let us into your conference, we'll let you beat the crap out of us every year!" attitude KU fans are going with. Doesn't scream desperate at all.

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 19, 2011, 10:11:33 AM »
If we had KSU's stadium and commitment to fooball, we would be home free.

Football only became critical when the BCS was formed.

We have to accept that Memorial pretty much sucks.  It has the potential to be one of the coolest settings in college football.  We joke about the track, but it DOES make us look kind of stupid.

One thing I would like to ask is do you think Nebraska Football is a better program than Kansas Basketball?

Memorial is an eyesore.  It really needs to be totally redone.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 19, 2011, 10:16:11 AM »
Looks like they've moved from the "denial" stage into the "bargaining" stage. Almost there, guys!

Offline Ira Hayes

• Created #RayRayForAD
  • Katpak'r
  • The Marine that went to war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 19, 2011, 10:22:49 AM »

Won 1 and played for 3.

I assumed you were talking about conference revenue sports and not NCAA revenue sports since this thread is about conference realignment.  My bad.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 19, 2011, 10:35:33 AM »
Memorial does have a cool setting.  Now we just need that 2010 Gridiron Club and Olympic Sports Complex.

:comeatme:

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 19, 2011, 10:44:20 AM »
Memorial does have a cool setting.  Now we just need that 2010 Gridiron Club and Olympic Sports Complex.

Couldn't hurt.  When do they break ground? 

Offline pc5k

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 19, 2011, 10:51:44 AM »
Memorial does have a cool setting. 

No it doesn't, Memorial is a pile of crap.

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 19, 2011, 08:07:10 PM »

Couldn't hurt.  When do they break ground? 

duh 2010.

Dax fan club member!

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 19, 2011, 08:24:23 PM »

Memorial has a cool setting if we're it comparing to 4A high school stadiums.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 19, 2011, 08:32:09 PM »

:love:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 19, 2011, 08:33:51 PM »
Is that a food truck in the end zone?

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 19, 2011, 08:35:03 PM »

:love:

Why are we looking at Andover High's field?

?

(srs.)