Author Topic: Huntsman, Huntsman, Huntsman, Huntsman!  (Read 8508 times)

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Huntsman, Huntsman, Huntsman, Huntsman!
« on: September 07, 2011, 07:33:01 PM »
Will be voting for him in the Kansas presidential caucus.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Huntsman, Huntsman, Huntsman, Huntsman!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 07:37:01 PM »
 :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Huntsman!   Huntsman!   Huntsman!   Huntsman!   Huntsman!

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 07:39:16 PM »
"I CAN BUY A GALLON OF GAS WITH A SILVER DIME!!!   IT IS WORTH $3.57!!!!"  -Ron Paul

YESSS!!!!

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 08:16:59 PM »
"I CAN BUY A GALLON OF GAS WITH A SILVER DIME!!!   IT IS WORTH $3.57!!!!"  -Ron Paul

YESSS!!!!

Is this an actual quote from tonight. If so he's got my vote.  :lol:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 08:18:52 PM »

YESSS!!!!

Yes. This whole thing is a snooze fest though  :zzz:

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 08:58:32 PM »

YESSS!!!!

literally every single moron on the stage excluding Huntsman thinks that Bernacke is responsible for runaway inflation.  These people have no grasp of reality.  Do they know what U.S. bond rates are?  Are they familiar with the CPI?  Who the hell are their economic advisors and why aren't they openly mocked by any college educated person?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 09:17:28 PM »

Yeah Tortuga!  We don't have inflation, stuff just costs more!   :comeatme:

Question for Tortuga:  If the CPI (or US Bond rates :facepalm:) said we have inflation, who's fault would it be????
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 09:21:13 PM »
http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/historical-inflation-rates/
http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/rates-bonds/government-bonds/us/

Negative real interest rates all the way up to 10 yr bonds.  We should be stimulating the economy.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 09:25:27 PM »

YESSS!!!!

literally every single moron on the stage excluding Huntsman thinks that Bernacke is responsible for runaway inflation.  These people have no grasp of reality.  Do they know what U.S. bond rates are?  Are they familiar with the CPI?  Who the hell are their economic advisors and why aren't they openly mocked by any college educated person?

Huntsman would make a very good president. Too bad he's too sane to win the nom.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 09:34:14 PM »

Negative real interest rates all the way up to 10 yr bonds.  We should be stimulating the economy.

Speaking of externalities, how can you totally ignore the global flight of cash and capital to US bonds when assessing US inflation???  Maybe we should check out the price of commodities and compare???  Or perhaps blue chip stocks???  Those ought to be great metrics to assess the costs of goods or capital, amirite?

CPI even shows we're outside are target inflation rate of 2-3%

You aren't actually proposing that because the US can borrow at a low rate we should???  What's the US Fed Govt. ROI???  I bet it's lower than US bond rates.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 09:43:48 PM »

Speaking of externalities, how can you totally ignore the global flight of cash and capital to US bonds when assessing US inflation???  Maybe we should check out the price of commodities and compare???  Or perhaps blue chip stocks???  Those ought to be great metrics to assess the costs of goods or capital, amirite?

You aren't actually proposing that because the US can borrow at a low rate we should???  What's the US Fed Govt. ROI???  I bet it's lower than US bond rates.

I'm not, and neither is the interest rate you dolt.  It is why S&P's downgrade was ridiculous.  Investors at every level are finding US bonds a necessary check against instability even now.  I'm suggesting that because there is a clear lack of demand.  Just because Perry says that Keynesian economics are dead doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about.

Commodity prices and stocks are horrible measures of inflation because they are incredibly volatile.  That's why CPI was created to measure CONSUMER inflation.  People with no jobs don't buy things, we all agree on that.  So....I'm proposing more government investment in capital improvements and infrastructure would help create much of the demand in many of the same industries that are being hurt by the housing boom.

The idea that Bernacke is some sort of mad scientist tossing dollars into the hearth of the runaway steam engine of inflation is something I thought only gold (and apparently now silver) worshippers like Paul would subscribe to.  But instead that seems to be a plank on the presidential platform of the Republican party.  Huntsman and maaaaybe Romney know this is idiotic, but Romney is willing to pander to it (Romney simultaneously wants to start a trade war with China!).  Huntsman should continue to point out how stupid this all is.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 09:49:50 PM »
I think a lot of people made a lot of money on gold and silver.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 09:59:32 PM »
I like this huntsman feller.  Interesting story with the whole madarin chinese speaking mormon who has a G.E.D.  06 is right though, tough to see him getting the nod.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 10:00:17 PM »

I'm not, and neither is the interest rate you dolt.  It is why S&P's downgrade was ridiculous.  Investors at every level are finding US bonds a necessary check against instability even now.  I'm suggesting that because there is a clear lack of demand.  This makes no sense, will not addressJust because Perry says that Keynesian economics are dead doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about.

Commodity prices and stocks are horrible measures of inflation because they are incredibly volatile.  That's why CPI was created to measure CONSUMER inflation.  People with no jobs don't buy things, we all agree on that.  So....I'm proposing more government investment in capital improvements and infrastructure would help create much of the demand in many of the same industries that are being hurt by the housing boom.  

The idea that Bernacke is some sort of mad scientist tossing dollars into the hearth of the runaway steam engine of inflation is something I thought only gold (and apparently now silver) worshippers like Paul would subscribe to.  But instead that seems to be a plank on the presidential platform of the Republican party.  Huntsman and maaaaybe Romney know this is idiotic, but Romney is willing to pander to it (Romney simultaneously wants to start a trade war with China!).  Huntsman should continue to point out how stupid this all is.

If you don't think the Federal Reserve can cause inflation, you are a full blown Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  Didn't watch the GOP debate, if they are alleging runaway inflation right now, they're pandering.

Capital Improvements  :facepalm:  OMG, you've got to be joking.  Great idea, FDR.  Let's just skip it, and fight WWIII  NOW!!!  128 weeks of unemployment is enough wal-mart style stimulus.  We don't need guys slugging out public librarys and town halls for the sake of doing something.  We've borrowed enough and bloated the bureaucracy into a full blown leviathan.  it's so big, we can't reduce the size of it without damaging the economy, all in the name of keynesian bullshit.

FYI, Keynsian economics is dead.  It actually died years ago.  Consumption based economies lead to our current situation.  Catch up please.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 10:02:46 PM »

Negative real interest rates all the way up to 10 yr bonds.  We should be stimulating the economy.

Speaking of externalities, how can you totally ignore the global flight of cash and capital to US bonds when assessing US inflation??? Maybe we should check out the price of commodities and compare???  Or perhaps blue chip stocks???  Those ought to be great metrics to assess the costs of goods or capital, amirite?

You aren't actually proposing that because the US can borrow at a low rate we should???  What's the US Fed Govt. ROI???  I bet it's lower than US bond rates.

I'm not, and neither is the interest rate you dolt.  It is why S&P's downgrade was ridiculous.  Investors at every level are finding US bonds a necessary check against instability even now.  I'm suggesting that because there is a clear lack of demand.  Just because Perry says that Keynesian economics are dead doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about.

Commodity prices and stocks are horrible measures of inflation because they are incredibly volatile.  That's why CPI was created to measure CONSUMER inflation.  People with no jobs don't buy things, we all agree on that.  So....I'm proposing more government investment in capital improvements and infrastructure would help create much of the demand in many of the same industries that are being hurt by the housing boom.

The idea that Bernacke is some sort of mad scientist tossing dollars into the hearth of the runaway steam engine of inflation is something I thought only gold (and apparently now silver) worshippers like Paul would subscribe to.  But instead that seems to be a plank on the presidential platform of the Republican party.  Huntsman and maaaaybe Romney know this is idiotic, but Romney is willing to pander to it (Romney simultaneously wants to start a trade war with China!).  Huntsman should continue to point out how stupid this all is.

Words words words.  BORING.  Give me 9/9/9 Baby!

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 11:38:10 PM »
he's a warmer   :facepalm:

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 11:52:42 PM »

I'm not, and neither is the interest rate you dolt.  It is why S&P's downgrade was ridiculous.  Investors at every level are finding US bonds a necessary check against instability even now.  I'm suggesting that because there is a clear lack of demand.  This makes no sense, will not addressJust because Perry says that Keynesian economics are dead doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about.

If you don't think the Federal Reserve can cause inflation, you are a full blown respect.  Didn't watch the GOP debate, if they are alleging runaway inflation right now, they're pandering.

Capital Improvements  :facepalm:  OMG, you've got to be joking.  Great idea, FDR.  Let's just skip it, and fight WWIII  NOW!!!  128 weeks of unemployment is enough wal-mart style stimulus.  We don't need guys slugging out public librarys and town halls for the sake of doing something.  We've borrowed enough and bloated the bureaucracy into a full blown leviathan.  it's so big, we can't reduce the size of it without damaging the economy, all in the name of keynesian bullshit.

FYI, Keynsian economics is dead.  It actually died years ago.  Consumption based economies lead to our current situation.  Catch up please.

I agree.  If you think millions of workers, many of them with some skill, sitting on their ass is better than millions of workers doing something even if it requires government money.  Well, then I don't know what to tell you.  You clearly don't understand how to move the demand curve.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 12:03:53 AM »
we don't have any money  :cry:

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 12:12:16 AM »

If you don't think the Federal Reserve can cause inflation, you are a full blown respect.  Didn't watch the GOP debate, if they are alleging runaway inflation right now, they're pandering.

I agree.  If you think millions of workers, many of them with some skill, sitting on their ass is better than millions of workers doing something even if it requires government money.  Well, then I don't know what to tell you.  You clearly don't understand how to move the demand curve.

Stupid lib, demand is irrelevant. Everyone knows job creators would just create jobs if taxes were lower. Demand has nothing to do with it.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 10:30:32 AM »

YESSS!!!!

Not all of us had a parent who was an economics professor dick.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 11:48:07 AM »

YESSS!!!!

Not all of us had a parent who was an economics professor dick.

I had Rog Trenary, what more do you want?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 06:53:08 PM »
 :surprised:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 08:32:55 PM »

This is flat out nonsense.  You either have no clue what you're talking about or are so all over the board that only you know what you're talking about.  You jumped from attempting to explain inflation to proposing "capital expenditures because we have lots of constructions workers laying around"  to attempting . . . something else   :dunno:

These are all terrible short sited ideas that the country can't even afford.  What did the millions of unemployed construction workers do before the enormous housing CRE bubbles?  What are they going to do when were done capital expending?    Do you understand that money is finite?

I assume you understand that when the demand curve moves right, prices goes up???

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 08:36:51 PM »
Do you understand that money is finite?
:lol:

You've got to be the dumbest poster on this site.