Author Topic: Huntsman, Huntsman, Huntsman, Huntsman!  (Read 8509 times)

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
Re: Huntsman, Huntsman, Huntsman, Huntsman!
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2011, 12:52:47 AM »
I have no idea what you retards are blathering about, but I also <3 Huntsman.  :thumbs:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2011, 12:19:50 PM »
http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/historical-inflation-rates/
http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/rates-bonds/government-bonds/us/

Negative real interest rates all the way up to 10 yr bonds.  We should be stimulating the economy.

Speaking of externalities, how can you totally ignore the global flight of cash and capital to US bonds when assessing US inflation???  Maybe we should check out the price of commodities and compare???  Or perhaps blue chip stocks???  Those ought to be great metrics to assess the costs of goods or capital, amirite?

CPI even shows we're outside are target inflation rate of 2-3%

You aren't actually proposing that because the US can borrow at a low rate we should???  What's the US Fed Govt. ROI???  I bet it's lower than US bond rates.

I'm not, and neither is the interest rate you dolt.  It is why S&P's downgrade was ridiculous.  Investors at every level are finding US bonds a necessary check against instability even now.  I'm suggesting that because there is a clear lack of demand.  This makes no sense, will not addressJust because Perry says that Keynesian economics are dead doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about.

Commodity prices and stocks are horrible measures of inflation because they are incredibly volatile.  That's why CPI was created to measure CONSUMER inflation.  People with no jobs don't buy things, we all agree on that.  So....I'm proposing more government investment in capital improvements and infrastructure would help create much of the demand in many of the same industries that are being hurt by the housing boom.  

The idea that Bernacke is some sort of mad scientist tossing dollars into the hearth of the runaway steam engine of inflation is something I thought only gold (and apparently now silver) worshippers like Paul would subscribe to.  But instead that seems to be a plank on the presidential platform of the Republican party.  Huntsman and maaaaybe Romney know this is idiotic, but Romney is willing to pander to it (Romney simultaneously wants to start a trade war with China!).  Huntsman should continue to point out how stupid this all is.

If you don't think the Federal Reserve can cause inflation, you are a full blown respect.  Didn't watch the GOP debate, if they are alleging runaway inflation right now, they're pandering.

Capital Improvements  :facepalm:  OMG, you've got to be joking.  Great idea, FDR.  Let's just skip it, and fight WWIII  NOW!!!  128 weeks of unemployment is enough wal-mart style stimulus.  We don't need guys slugging out public librarys and town halls for the sake of doing something.  We've borrowed enough and bloated the bureaucracy into a full blown leviathan.  it's so big, we can't reduce the size of it without damaging the economy, all in the name of keynesian bullshit.

FYI, Keynsian economics is dead.  It actually died years ago.  Consumption based economies lead to our current situation.  Catch up please.

I agree.  If you think millions of workers, many of them with some skill, sitting on their ass is better than millions of workers doing something even if it requires government money.  Well, then I don't know what to tell you.  You clearly don't understand how to move the demand curve.

Stupid lib, demand is irrelevant. Everyone knows job creators would just create jobs if taxes were lower. Demand has nothing to do with it.

So, if the govt could create all of these jobs, why don't they just do it?  I mean, why would we ever have unemployment if the govt could just pull the magic job producing switch?

Online 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2011, 12:47:51 PM »
So, if the govt could create all of these jobs, why don't they just do it?  I mean, why would we ever have unemployment if the govt could just pull the magic job producing switch?

Because no one is arguing that the government should step in an hire every unemployed person, even now. What we're saying is that now is a very good time to shift consumption of certain things to right now. That largely relates to repairing/building new infrastructure because it's a long-term investment that will continue paying dividends into the future.

We've got borrowing costs below the rate of inflation, cheap labor and materials and lots and lots of infrastructure that needs work.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2011, 07:51:18 PM »

Because no one is arguing that the government should step in an hire every unemployed person, even now. What we're saying is that now is a very good time to shift consumption of certain things to right now. That largely relates to repairing/building new infrastructure because it's a long-term investment that will continue paying dividends into the future.

We've got borrowing costs below the rate of inflation, cheap labor and materials and lots and lots of infrastructure that needs work.

The depth of the labor and capital markets analysis in this post is breathtaking.  IT'S A NO BRAINER GUYS!!!

I think they should print more money and double down on the highway, road and bridge projects that were so bountiful the first time they were undertaken 2 years ago under ARRA.   :thumbs:

Would make a great dancing bug cartoon  :comeatme:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2011, 08:20:22 PM »
i like huntsman :thumbs:

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2011, 09:23:21 PM »
i like huntsman :thumbs:

This is why he has absolutely no shot.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2011, 10:24:14 PM »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2011, 01:40:59 PM »
I'm just so stupid FSD, please tell me how money is finite.

I know you are.  That being the case, you're just going to have to trust me on this one.

:lol:

As usual, you spout off bullshit, get called on it and can't defend your bullshit so you run an hide. What a rough ridin' pussy.

Wait, you still actually believe money is infinite???   :lol: :lol: :lol:

When do you expect people to stop printing money? 

:confused: