Author Topic: Overheard Wefald and HCFM talking....  (Read 8083 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Overheard Wefald and HCFM talking....
« on: February 26, 2010, 10:23:40 AM »
They were sitting at a table next to me in a coffee shop today. They didn't formally meet, but HCFM came to get coffee and Wefald yelled at him as he was leaving, and they started talking about things really quietly. As you can imagine, I did everything I could to not act like I was trying to listen to the conversation. I couldn't hear everything since they weren't right next to me, but I heard a couple things.

It sounds like Frank wants to sit down and discuss the contract with Currie, not just have Currie write something up for him to sign. But I specifically heard him say "I trust the people here" and "Where else would I want to be?"

Now my question to people who know more about his relationship with Wefald, would HCFM be honest with him, or BS him about wanting to stay?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 09:42:23 AM by Stevesie60 »

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Overheard Wefald and HCFM talking....
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 10:34:21 AM »
Frank is frank with all.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 10:45:06 AM »
STAY THE eff AWAY JON!  :curse:

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 10:59:38 AM »
I have no idea what kind of pull Weefer has anymore, so I have to assume none.  With that said, why would he BS a guy who can't do anything for him?

Just from your small snipit of eavesdropping (BTW, good work) it sounds like Currie is being a real prick about this.

Offline purpleclad

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 11:01:55 AM »
We're completely fracked if the Weefer is talking to Frank.  Geezus, might as well find a new coach.   :flush:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 11:02:24 AM »
They were sitting at a table next to me in Bluestem today. They didn't formally meet, but HCFM came to get coffee and Wefald yelled at him as he was leaving, and they started talking about things really quietly. As you can imagine, I did everything I could to not act like I was trying to listen to the conversation. I couldn't hear everything since they weren't right next to me, but I heard a couple things.

It sounds like Frank wants to sit down and discuss the contract with Currie, not just have Currie write something up for him to sign. But I specifically heard him say "I trust the people here" and "Where else would I want to be?"

Now my question to people who know more about his relationship with Wefald, would HCFM be honest with him, or BS him about wanting to stay?

What did Frank order?  Seems like a guy that doesn't need much caffeine to get going in the morning.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 11:03:44 AM »
Weef is hangin around for a while longer in an effort to calm the waters. 

Offline JMart

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 11:05:15 AM »
Know this - a deal would have been done MONTHS ago if Wefald was still around.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 11:05:56 AM »
Weef is hangin around for a while longer in an effort to calm the waters. 

Not sure if it is possible to calm the water you displaced.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

catzacker

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 11:14:18 AM »
STAY THE shazbot! AWAY JON!  :curse:

this.  he should also quit acting like he can't give about 400K to pay for one year of the extension/raise.  you know that bastard has a Scrooge McDuck building where he keeps all the money he stole from ksu and swims in it nightly.

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 11:23:18 AM »
STAY THE shazbot! AWAY JON!  :curse:

this.  he should also quit acting like he can't give about 400K to pay for one year of the extension/raise.  you know that bastard has a Scrooge McDuck building where he keeps all the money he stole from ksu and swims in it nightly.

^^^ :D

Offline Broadway

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 11:29:24 AM »

Is there anyone better at getting people paid?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 11:30:03 AM »
They were sitting at a table next to me in Bluestem today. They didn't formally meet, but HCFM came to get coffee and Wefald yelled at him as he was leaving, and they started talking about things really quietly. As you can imagine, I did everything I could to not act like I was trying to listen to the conversation. I couldn't hear everything since they weren't right next to me, but I heard a couple things.

What did Frank order?  Seems like a guy that doesn't need much caffeine to get going in the morning.

Large coffee. He started telling me once that he sometimes likes a lot of sugar and cream in his coffee, and sometimes he likes it black. I told him I usually put two shots of espresso in mine and he called me crazy. HCFM calling me crazy is easily the best accomplishment of my life.

I have no idea what kind of pull Weefer has anymore, so I have to assume none.  With that said, why would he BS a guy who can't do anything for him?

Just from your small snipit of eavesdropping (BTW, good work) it sounds like Currie is being a real prick about this.

This. I don't know why he would have pull either, but I assume HCFM would rather just not answer questions than BS him.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 11:32:38 AM »

This makes me feel a million times better that the deal is not done then.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 11:34:13 AM »
I really appreciate this bit, but it tells us nothing.  Frank could be leaving on Mississippi steamboat to Miami tomorrow and he wouldn't tell Jon anything.  I hope he doesn't tell Jon anything he doesn't want put on blast, and I think Frank is smart enough to know that.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 11:35:51 AM »
I really appreciate this bit, but it tells us nothing.  Frank could be leaving on Mississippi steamboat to Miami tomorrow and he wouldn't tell Jon anything.  I hope he doesn't tell Jon anything he doesn't want put on blast, and I think Frank is smart enough to know that.

Yeah, I agree. I just figure after a rare opportunity like that I HAD to share it.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 11:36:35 AM »
No crap.  If Weef would have done the deal months ago, then Currie should probably go ahead and wait a few more.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 11:37:29 AM »
I really appreciate this bit, but it tells us nothing.  Frank could be leaving on Mississippi steamboat to Miami tomorrow and he wouldn't tell Jon anything.  I hope he doesn't tell Jon anything he doesn't want put on blast, and I think Frank is smart enough to know that.

Yeah, I agree. I just figure after a rare opportunity like that I HAD to share it.

No Question, you are a hero.  Don't let anyone tell you different.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 11:44:47 AM »
There is something potentially interesting.  If Frank is telling Wefald about his desires, then there's no doubt that his desires will be communicated to Currie.  It seems like that would help the situation.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2010, 11:54:21 AM »
Hilarious that Currie won't sit down and talk to Frank about his contract.  What a FP, TC, Etc.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 11:55:13 AM »
No crap.  If Weef would have done the deal months ago, then Currie should probably go ahead and wait a few more.

Two things:

1. Sounds like my What Would Wefald Do bracelet idea is a stinker

2. Weef is being kept around at an abnormally large salary for a job he doesn't really even do.  That doesn't happen unless he still has some pull, or at least powerful ears with in ear shot.  I have no doubt that Weef still has quite a few very powerful folks that are still loyal to him, both employed by the Uni and as donors.  Too much was accomplished under his swindling ass for this to not be the case.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 11:59:58 AM »
don't worry.  currie has already been made aware that his children's futures depend on retaining martin as kstate's coach.  he may be a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), but i trust he does have some paternal instincts.

:batman:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 12:04:38 PM »
Maybe one of these would sweeten the pot.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 12:06:22 PM »
Hilarious that Currie won't sit down and talk to Frank about his contract.  What a FP, TC, Etc.

:D

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 12:22:35 PM »

:D

btw, I have copyright on your user name.  so NOW YOU WILL BE SUED! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!