Author Topic: Overheard Wefald and HCFM talking....  (Read 8084 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Overheard Wefald and HCFM talking....
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2010, 01:19:11 PM »
No crap.  If Weef would have done the deal months ago, then Currie should probably go ahead and wait a few more.

Two things:

1. Sounds like my What Would Wefald Do bracelet idea is a stinker

2. Weef is being kept around at an abnormally large salary for a job he doesn't really even do.  That doesn't happen unless he still has some pull, or at least powerful ears with in ear shot.  I have no doubt that Weef still has quite a few very powerful folks that are still loyal to him, both employed by the Uni and as donors.  Too much was accomplished under his swindling ass for this to not be the case.

Hey casey, remember earlier when you thought tenure was something that everyone had to get after 5 years and that your professor would on principle reject an offer?

Yeah, don't bother giving your expert opinion on how Universities work.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2010, 01:40:55 PM »
No crap.  If Weef would have done the deal months ago, then Currie should probably go ahead and wait a few more.

Two things:

2. Weef is being kept around at an abnormally large salary for a job he doesn't really even do.  That doesn't happen unless he still has some pull, or at least powerful ears with in ear shot.  I have no doubt that Weef still has quite a few very powerful folks that are still loyal to him, both employed by the Uni and as donors.  Too much was accomplished under his swindling ass for this to not be the case.

Hey casey, remember earlier when you thought tenure was something that everyone had to get after 5 years and that your professor would on principle reject an offer?

A former Pres getting a quarter $M for a less than part time gig doesn't indicate that the man maintained some power?

I may not have taken the time to understand something that is completely useless to my life, in tenure, but I know how much of the business world works when it comes to exec's that are kept around at a high salary and given this type of jobs.  

Tell me I am wrong.

Your shot at me over tenure is fine.  I admittedly don't know crap about that.  However, your attempt to make fun of me over this sort of thought indicates that you don't know crap about high-level business.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 01:44:39 PM by CNS Casey »

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2010, 01:42:10 PM »
No crap.  If Weef would have done the deal months ago, then Currie should probably go ahead and wait a few more.

Two things:

... and that your professor would on principle reject an offer?

From the man's own mouth.  So, yes.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2010, 02:14:25 PM »
CNS Casey still sucks.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2010, 02:15:20 PM »
CNS Casey still sucks.

I like it when he responds multiple times in a row to the same post that pissed him off.  In my mind he's turning around and coming back into the room and saying, "AND ANOTHER THING!"

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, 02:17:05 PM »
CNS Casey still sucks.

Fair enough.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 02:22:43 PM »
i like cns casey.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2010, 02:23:45 PM »
Casey, a University is not a "high level business" it is a University.  Just let it be.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2010, 02:25:08 PM »
i like cns casey.

He's a very polarizing figure.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2010, 02:26:37 PM »
i like cns casey.

most of the greats are.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2010, 02:28:38 PM »
I will follow sys' lead.  CNS Casey is a likable jackass.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2010, 02:34:30 PM »

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2010, 03:39:28 PM »
They were sitting at a table next to me in Bluestem today. They didn't formally meet, but HCFM came to get coffee and Wefald yelled at him as he was leaving, and they started talking about things really quietly. As you can imagine, I did everything I could to not act like I was trying to listen to the conversation. I couldn't hear everything since they weren't right next to me, but I heard a couple things.

It sounds like Frank wants to sit down and discuss the contract with Currie, not just have Currie write something up for him to sign. But I specifically heard him say "I trust the people here" and "Where else would I want to be?"

Now my question to people who know more about his relationship with Wefald, would HCFM be honest with him, or BS him about wanting to stay?

What did Frank order?  Seems like a guy that doesn't need much caffeine to get going in the morning.

Large coffee. He started telling me once that he sometimes likes a lot of sugar and cream in his coffee, and sometimes he likes it black. I told him I usually put two shots of espresso in mine and he called me crazy. HCFM calling me crazy is easily the best accomplishment of my life.

Back to the important part. Does he like Dairy Creamer or Non Dairy Creamer? When I cooked his food a Tubby's a couple years ago he ordered his Spicy Chicken sandwich with no cheese.

Trying to figure out if he is lactose intolerant or just watching his weight. TIA

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2010, 04:03:18 PM »
i like cns casey.

Verdict is still out for me....I could go either way on this CNS Casey character.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2010, 07:46:52 PM »
They were sitting at a table next to me in Bluestem today. They didn't formally meet, but HCFM came to get coffee and Wefald yelled at him as he was leaving, and they started talking about things really quietly. As you can imagine, I did everything I could to not act like I was trying to listen to the conversation. I couldn't hear everything since they weren't right next to me, but I heard a couple things.

It sounds like Frank wants to sit down and discuss the contract with Currie, not just have Currie write something up for him to sign. But I specifically heard him say "I trust the people here" and "Where else would I want to be?"

Now my question to people who know more about his relationship with Wefald, would HCFM be honest with him, or BS him about wanting to stay?

What did Frank order?  Seems like a guy that doesn't need much caffeine to get going in the morning.

Large coffee. He started telling me once that he sometimes likes a lot of sugar and cream in his coffee, and sometimes he likes it black. I told him I usually put two shots of espresso in mine and he called me crazy. HCFM calling me crazy is easily the best accomplishment of my life.

Back to the important part. Does he like Dairy Creamer or Non Dairy Creamer? When I cooked his food a Tubby's a couple years ago he ordered his Spicy Chicken sandwich with no cheese.

Trying to figure out if he is lactose intolerant or just watching his weight. TIA

I'm not sure if you're mocking me, but assuming you're not, he does in fact use dairy creamer.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2010, 07:52:08 PM »
Stevies60, a cautious line of reasoning and a thorough report.  Fantastic work.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2010, 08:58:20 PM »
Stevies60, a cautious line of reasoning and a thorough report.  Fantastic work.

He lived up to the steve name in this instance  :cheers:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2010, 09:04:22 PM »
i like cns casey.

Verdict is still out for me....I could go either way on this CNS Casey character.

the jury has already offered their verdict in daris court.